773 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Hannes Wolf is available on loan from Gladbach. Was at Liefering and Salzburg when Struber was there. Saw a throwaway comment on an Austrian news article from a reader linking him to NY, could be bullshit but its something.

One of the agents from his agency also recently followed Struber on IG. Ignored it at first because hes valued at 8.8M, but Gladbach is ready to let him leave on loan this winter.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Hannes Wolf is available on loan from Gladbach. Was at Liefering and Salzburg when Struber was there. Saw a throwaway comment on an Austrian news article from a reader linking him to NY, could be bullshit but its something.

One of the agents from his agency also recently followed Struber on IG. Ignored it at first because hes valued at 8.8M, but Gladbach is ready to let him leave on loan this winter.

That would be a great person to pick up for a 1 year loan but probably thinks MLS to low a level

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Metro

Eduardo Aguirre of Santos Laguna in Liga MX might be worth a look. Recently was called up for the October friendly to make his debut for Mexico. I think he would slot in as a designated player or if negotiated for the right price might fall under the salary cap nicely. He’s a poacher that also has great mobility as a striker and although numbers weren’t too impressive in the most recent half of the season he’s a rather promising option at just 23 years of age. He could use work in his game with ground duels however.

Joel Fameyeh of Orenburg in the Russian 2nd tier is having a good season and has a pretty good track record for 24 year old with putting up decent production in the attack. Primarily a striker he can also be deployed on the wing and also is a poacher and very mobile as a striker. You’ll also get playmaking with him so it wouldn’t be all out of the question for him to have a double debit goal/assist combined season. I’d still say he’d be able to come in at the salary cap and wouldn’t cost a designated player spot. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

looks like Matt Olusunde has only played 1 time for Preston North End who is 15th in Championship

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Marko Rakonjac 21 years old of Cukaricki in the Serbian super league might be worth a look. 11 games 4 goals this season a taller striker that can also be used as a second striker  that can poach goals, seems to be good with at least his right foot and also is pretty mobile and active in the attack. Some of the guys in this thread I’ve mentioned I’d definitely prefer to be Red Bull 2 signings but if we can get this guy a first team contract and have him loaned down to rbny 2 for development I wouldn’t be opposed to that either. He’s also in the Montenegro u21 national team setup currently. 

Jamie Roche of Ik Sirius in the Swedish top flight could also be an option a CB or in the central midfield. Left footed, a ball playing defender. Seems to be one of the more promising defensive minded players to be coming out of Sweden at the age of 20. Also wins bit over 2 ground duels per match. Like many of the players I mention I think he’ll develop over time.

Rosario Latouchent 25 years old of As Nancy also seems interesting. A right back that seems to be solid with both feet and can also be deployed as a left back/inverted back. More of a defensive back I could also see him going forward though or slotting in at the Tom Edwards rcb role. Nancy are also about to possibly get relegated to the French third tier so I think he’d be willing to make the move stateside and would immediately slot into the first team picture.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

I think Celtic are linked with him to a possible loan move but I wouldn’t rule out a loan for him as well maybe with a loan fee or even an option to buy. He’d certainly take a record fee to bring in probably somewhere in the 8-11 million dollar range maybe more maybe less but that’s likely what he’d cost to bring in permanently.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I think Celtic are linked with him to a possible loan move but I wouldn’t rule out a loan for him as well maybe with a loan fee or even an option to buy. He’d certainly take a record fee to bring in probably somewhere in the 8-11 million dollar range maybe more maybe less but that’s likely what he’d cost to bring in permanently.

Let Celtic buy him for $11M and then we can get him from Celtic for 13M?  ;-)

Also no go on the 2nd division 25 yr old French player.  Too old and we already have a 2nd division French player who is in limbo.  

but keep the suggestions coming!

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

looks like Matt Olusunde has only played 1 time for Preston North End who is 15th in Championship

hes been injured

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
In regards to a player failing in one division and being successful in another doesnt mean to give up on that region or league in my opinion. Ive reconsidered some of my takes on Klimala for that reason which is why I think its fair to give him another season as hes obviously a very important part in team plans going forward.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Bring him in on loan (we love loans) and when he sucks because we have no offensive strategy, his price will plummet and we can sign him .

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

hes been injured

Perfect for us then.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Jaminton Campaz if Gremio are relegated, which they are on track to with 1 match remaining.

Similar style of player to Kaku but with a higher ceiling. Better dribbling ability and a lethal long range shot. Think he would be willing to do the dirty work required and was linked to MLS before he moved to Brazil from Colombia.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Matheus Bidu a 22 year old left back of the Brazilian serie b club Guarani might be worth a look. Good at ball interceptions but lacks discipline at times.  Has good production going forward as well this season especially with 4 goals and 5 assists. 

Martin Tangen Vinjor 22 years old of might be worth looking at for Red Bull 2. He played this past season in the Norwegian 3rd tier for Kongsvinger. An advanced playmaker that can also be deployed as a box to box midfielder plays with both feet that really did well at putting the ball in the back of the net. He’s also a former u21 Norwegian international that has traditionally played in the 2nd tier except for last season.

Jurgen Celhaka 21 years old of Legia Warszawa is also an option. A ball winning and holding midfielder who since transferring from
His native Albania back in the summer hasn’t featured all too much at all in the first team. I think he’d possible loan option for us as he played really well in his native Albania. Also has featured for the Albanian u21’s.

Loizos Loizou 18 years old of Cyprus club Omonia plays as a wide playmaker or as a more attacking minded midfielder and there’s a lot of promise to his game. He’s been getting a lot of looks from other clubs in Europe and I think he’d fit the profile either as a young designated player or a u22 initiative signing.  While he hasn’t totally put it together yet the promise is there and he’s had a pretty good go of it in Europa league qualifying this season. He’s overall looked pretty ok in Europa conference league as well and already featuring with 15 caps at that young age for the Cyprus National team and has experience in uefa World Cup qualifying.

Finally there’s Saku Ylatupa 22 years old who plays AIK In the Swedish top flight. A wide playmaker that can deployed as an inside forward there’s a lot of room for advancement still in his game even at 22 years old. Formerly played in the Ajax youth ranks he also has been capped twice by Finland. I think he’d be a pretty good chance creator that’s young that we can get within the salary cap pretty easily.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Jaminton Campaz if Gremio are relegated, which they are on track to with 1 match remaining.

Similar style of player to Kaku but with a higher ceiling. Better dribbling ability and a lethal long range shot. Think he would be willing to do the dirty work required and was linked to MLS before he moved to Brazil from Colombia.

I think he'd make more of an impact than Kaku...much better finisher...

And his teammate Miguel Borja would also be a great pick up

With their club being relegated they may want to leave and MLS can pay more than Colombia... Plus I'm sure Gremio would want to offload their wages, they have enough talent to be promoted with their young academy talent
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Jaminton Campaz if Gremio are relegated

Gremio do indeed take the drop.

While looking at the Brazilian clubs, I noticed that champions Atletico Mineiro have already played 84 games in 2021, with 2 more coming in the Copo!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users