390 replies to this topic

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

I think fans (of all teams, not just metro) should shout shame anytime anyone who played for the US today is on the ball.

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid

I wonder how much the economic impact of missing a WC is ???

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Devastating for soccer in this country.

Bruce sucks. Klinsi was slightly less worse, and too many of the guys out there had zero fight.  Biggest issue the entire time was the trash at CB we have.  Besler the only decent one of the bunch.  EVERYONE else entirely too error prone.

No idea if Vermes wants the job, but he'd be my first choice.  

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I have no desire to watch the world cup now, don't have a dog in the fight so don't give a shit now. Remember all the huge USA watch partys? Those are gone.

There needs to be huge changes in usa soccer. This is an absolute fucking embarrassment. This team played with no fucking heart. They weren't even trying out there today, especially in the first half. How the fuck do you come out and play so unmotivated when a world cup spot is on the line?

Howard is done with the USA too now, that 2nd goal was horrendous.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Not so much th economic impact, but the development of the sport in the US. Every 4 year World Cup cycle, there is a hype around the tournament and sport with the US participating. 2018 will be a black eye.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Not much for USSF, very bad for Nike and Fox.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Team took qualification for granted. Arena = Fired. Howard = Done (should never wear the shirt again). Gulati needs to go too. Wipe the slate clean.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

MLS already getting trashed in a lot of these takes...  Really sucks.  Hurts the league. (Even though so many of these other CONCACAF teams have improved because of the league)

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

MLS already getting trashed in a lot of these takes...  Really sucks.  Hurts the league. (Even though so many of these other CONCACAF teams have improved because of the league)

It's definitely more on USSF than MLS.  Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras have all benefited from MLS.  

staab

staab

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls

eh...US Soccer will be better because of this. FIRE Gulati. FIRE Arena. RETIRE Howard forever. Give Beasely and Dempsey testimonais. Just stop playing Altidore and let him fade away.

Start over. 

Play Dwyer up top with a naturalized 36 year old BWP and win 2022 WC

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

I think the USMNT guys that look to come back to the US from abroad are definitely not going to get anything near the offers Bradley, Altidore, Howard received.  The fact that you are a USMNT player just lost some leverage in negotiating a contract to MLS (until we get back to the world cup).  

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

I don't even know what to say. Don't have any favorite sports teams other than the Metro who I always expect to lose. This is one hurts so bad. I am embarrassed.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I think we should not call up any player who will be too old in 2022 ever again.  That means anyone who is currently 28 or older.  I don't go for that sentimental send off game shit, especially after this.  The only players in the current 23 how should ever get called up again are Yedlin, Acosta, Arriola, Pulisc, Wood, and Altidore.  Everyone else is too old to be useful in 2022.  The one upside is that we have basically two years of games in which the results are completely meaningless so we can just throw the kids in there and let them sink or swim.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Alright one thing to add. I ranted about how all our stars coming back to MLS was going to hurt us in 2014. If only I knew.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

The only players in the current 23 how should ever get called up again are Yedlin, Acosta, Arriola, Pulisc, Wood, and Altidore.  Everyone else is too old to be useful in 2022.

Agree with what you;re saying, but Jozy sucks. We have better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users