sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I just sent out the following email to Chris Heck:

Mr Heck, I've been a season ticket holder since 2002 and a member of the ESC since 2001. After carefull consideration, I've decided not to renew my seat for 2012. The disaster on the field I can tollerate, the disaster in the front office a little less so. There are two major things that factored into my decision. The first was the "Bonus Event" fiasco where what was always an extra game was instead a practice. Wow, I get to see Nani do windsprints! That was bad enough, but doesn't compare to the Stampeed Membership scam that you recently announced. You are essentially charging a fee just for the right to be a season ticket holder. This is no different than the gridball PSL scam in that it treats your most loyal fans as suckers and marks. So I don't have to pay it if I give you essentially an interest free loan? Big deal. So it comes with "Benifits"? Big whoop! I want tickets to see live soccer, not merch credit for crap Red Bulls merchandise or greatly overpriced beer. I've also been told that supporters won't have to pay for a membership? I still don't care because you are still ripping others off and the whole thing is a scam. Just because I'm not getting scammed doesn't mean I should support you doing so to others. And here's a hint: If you want constant sellouts, ditch the stupid Red Bull name. When we were Metro, we may have stunk but we were still Metro. I could be proud to be Metro. How can I be proud to be Red Bull? In closing, I'll probably go to a few games next year just to meet up with friends but I no longer enjoy or look forward to games, thus I'm not renewing. Your organization, through it's carny tactics, has beaten the enthusiasm out of me.

Mike Carroll
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs
Good job Mike :cheers:
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
And FTR, I probably wouldn't care about NY2 or the Cosmos. If Red Bull sells my enthusiasm would be back in a heartbeat. They have proven to be carnys and shysters of the highest order.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Mr Heck, I've been a season ticket holder since 2002 and a member of the ESC since 2001. After carefull consideration, I've decided not to renew my seat for 2012. The disaster on the field I can tollerate, the disaster in the front office a little less so. There are two major things that factored into my decision. The first was the "Bonus Event" fiasco where what was always an extra game was instead a practice. Wow, I get to see Nani do windsprints! That was bad enough, but doesn't compare to the Stampeed Membership scam that you recently announced. You are essentially charging a fee just for the right to be a season ticket holder. This is no different than the gridball PSL scam in that it treats your most loyal fans as suckers and marks. So I don't have to pay it if I give you essentially an interest free loan? Big deal. So it comes with "Benifits"? Big whoop! I want tickets to see live soccer, not merch credit for crap Red Bulls merchandise or greatly overpriced beer. I've also been told that supporters won't have to pay for a membership? I still don't care because you are still ripping others off and the whole thing is a scam. Just because I'm not getting scammed doesn't mean I should support you doing so to others. And here's a hint: If you want constant sellouts, ditch the stupid Red Bull name. When we were Metro, we may have stunk but we were still Metro. I could be proud to be Metro. How can I be proud to be Red Bull? In closing, I'll probably go to a few games next year just to meet up with friends but I no longer enjoy or look forward to games, thus I'm not renewing. Your organization, through it's carny tactics, has beaten the enthusiasm out of me.

Mike Carroll

If you really said the phrases in Bold you sound like a 14 yr old boy and not an adult. Also why would Chris Heck care what you think about RB? He works for them, and was hired by Red Bull half a decade after they took over. Good intention, poor execution.

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT

If you really said the phrases in Bold you sound like a 14 yr old boy and not an adult. Also why would Chris Heck care what you think about RB? He works for them, and was hired by Red Bull half a decade after they took over. Good intention, poor execution.

I say "big whoop" all the time and I'm neither a boy nor 14 years old.

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Agreed, the intention was good but the email was pretty unprofessional. You'd be more likely to make an impact if you used constructive criticism instead of sounding like a whiney 12 year old.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
cya

5 year plan

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Mike Carroll

Good for you, a man of principle. Hope you watch games on TV and still root for the Bulls. I will just go to games I want to see as well with no protest or letter. I don't think this big conglonmerate cares about individuals as well.

Telegraphed

Telegraphed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
No offense Mike, I definitely agree with you in spirit, but that email is pretty poorly written and may do more harm than good. That goes for anyone else planning to contact the front office in a similar rambling, rant fashion. If you're trying to make an impact with any "higher up", it's best to avoid colloquialisms and "stream of consciousness" type narration. If I were just to read that piece I would assume you are a teenager, and if I'm Heck it would be very hard to reconsider my own policies to accommodate someone who didn't even take the time to insert paragraph breaks.

Great idea though, just as someone said earlier, if the execution was more polished it might have more of an impact.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Good for you, a man of principle. Hope you watch games on TV and still root for the Bulls. I will just go to games I want to see as well with no protest or letter. I don't think this big conglonmerate cares about individuals as well.

Probably going to watch union games :)+

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
FWIW, the Man U practice was extremely well attended. And gridball PSL's are enormous, while the minimum membership here is chump change, and something I think every Prem team does (and I would imagine many teams in other leagues do as well). I recall having to buy a Family Membership from Fulham just to be allowed to be a set of single game tickets.

I am not happy about the Pub admittance going away, but that stuff is all silly sideshow nonsense that I can't imagine anyone honestly losing sleep over. Any fan who leaves over this stuff sounds like not much of a fan to begin with... more like one of those "social club" types, here for the beer and pre-game merriment more than the game.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

If you really said the phrases in Bold you sound like a 14 yr old boy and not an adult. Also why would Chris Heck care what you think about RB?

A 14 year old uses US Dollars just like an adult. Also, I'm sure they relate to 14 year olds much better than adults over there.

Well done Mike.
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

IMAN THUG

IMAN THUG

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Supports:Miami Fusion

Good job Mike :cheers:

There's a bunch of Colombians coming in Friday. New guys. They say they have two keys for us, for openers. Pure coke. Hotel in Miami Beach. I want you go over there. If it's what they say it is, you pay 'em and bring it back. You do that, you get 5 grand!

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Mike, if the point of the letter was to show your displeasure in regards to the handling of season ticket renewals, then you did the right thing. If it was to show your disdain for the club name, then you're beating the wrong horse.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

A 14 year old uses US Dollars just like an adult. Also, I'm sure they relate to 14 year olds much better than adults over there.

Well done Mike.

His point wasn't to imply that Chris Heck doesn't care about 14 year olds, but that when you want your statements to be taken seriously they should be written in a respectable and professional manner and not in one that is sarcastic and includes diction that a high schooler would send in a text message to someone.

But of course, Harraby completely misses the point as usual. His e-mail could have been a 10 page essay written in Hieroglyphics about refusing to renew because of the caloric content of the hot dogs in the stadium and Harraby would give him a standing ovation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users