725 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Like who? Maybe the former usmnt cm Torres that trialed for DC?

Curious to see what kind of free agents you have in mind

Someone under 30.  You talked about depth in case CCJ or Davis get hurt.  With a signing like Marchisio, it will be much more likely he will be the one injured.

Does the signing have to be right now?  Players that are free agents at this point in the summer are probably so for a reason.  And, any free agent we signed now would most likely have zero impact on the current season.   There are only six games left, by the time we sign a player, get them here, and get the player fit (FA are probably not training as hard as someone on a roster, like Sims) the season will be over.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
A signing like Marchisio in style but that's only 26 is Gustavo Cuellar

Cuellar has been a stud for Flamengo but wants out
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Like who? Maybe the former usmnt cm Torres that trialed for DC?

Curious to see what kind of free agents you have in mind

We have 1 guy on USL that likely gets promoted next year and then Tolkien can play 6 and LBand then is Valot
they have succession plan in many Nd long term.
This year need to stick with what they have. Maybe not the best and wouldnt make bd spending more but plan is in place for next year

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

We have 1 guy on USL that likely gets promoted next year and then Tolkien can play 6 and LBand then is Valot
they have succession plan in many Nd long term.
This year need to stick with what they have. Maybe not the best and wouldnt make bd spending more but plan is in place for next year

while i dont want to rely on this outcome i think in the 4-3-1-2 Koffi, Casseres and Davis would be pretty good.  ideally koffi is the 4th guy and we sign a starter.  Then if Valot or Tolkin surprise us its gravy

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Dont count on Valot.

Never count on any player with a major injury. Thats how weve gotten into a lot of messes with the roster.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Dont count on Valot.

Never count on any player with a major injury. Thats how weve gotten into a lot of messes with the roster.

except for the mess that wasn't when Valot came back from the other knee injury and looked great early in the season.  Valot is a wild card.

CM for next year 

CCJ Davis RZA Koffi Tolkein (assuming he signs and is a 6) Valot 

possibly Myul if we keep playing the 4312 he would be good in the wide 3.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

except for the mess that wasn't when Valot came back from the other knee injury and looked great early in the season. .

And then what happened? He got injured again and is out for the season.

Dont ever EVER count on guys coming back from a major injury when you construct your roster in the off season. If they do come back hooray its a nice bonus.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Dont count on Valot.

yeah we are in agreement there.  

between getting another starting midfielder and wingback thats a lot of work for Denis to get right in one offseason.  Depending on formation choice we may roll with Royer and White up top with Jorgy and Barlow on the bench.  Then Omir spells Kaku.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

yeah we are in agreement there.  

between getting another starting midfielder and wingback thats a lot of work for Denis to get right in one offseason.

All the more reason not to screw up your other transfer windows!

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
I personally like Gustavo Cuellar and it's no secret he wants out of Flamengo...

I think New should swoop in for him and Orlando Berrío...

Both can play several positions

Didier Moreno from DIM is probably on the way out.. His manager confirmed offers but didn't say who.. He is a pure destroyer defensive midfielder. But that would allow a 433 or 4132 even the same 4231 but allows Cassares or Rzat to attack more

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
At the very least adding some one like Orlando Berrío who can be a target #9 or Second striker or play at his forte at RW would be huge...

Yimmi Chara is another great example of a guy who would fit this style of play that New York Red Bulls have because they've played for teams that have played hi press and have had success in Colombia and outside of Colombia and also can play multiple positions.. Chara can play #10CAM, Second striker or either wing which he is best... So likely they can adapt to MLS and Metro..

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
I mentioned Cristian Pavón so much as a great attainable addition for Metro that iirc someone joked of I was his agent...

Now I'm smh watching him score for LAG against LAFC... Smh

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Incredible game so far...

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
$50K for Brian Rodriguez, great deal!

That kid has no talent.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Saw a rumor about Marco Reus. Hmmm....

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users