Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Let the games begin.

GK: Coronel, Meara (Free Agent), and Marcucci
I expect Meara to look elsewhere but wouldn't be surprised to see him come back yet again. Marcucci is more than ready to step up.

DEF: Duncan (loan end), Long (Free Agent), Ndam, D. Nealis, S. Nealis, Nocita, Reyes, and Tolkin
Duncan and Long will be gone. Reyes and S. Nealis starting CBs with Nocita and Ndam returning as the backups. Hopefully Nocita can stay healthy. D. Nealis as backup across the whole backline, but if we waive him I wouldn't mind. Tolkin as left back, but need a backup for him. Curtis Ofori has shown flashes in USL, as has Juan Castillo. O'Vonte Mullings should get a look on the right side.

MID: Amaya, CCJ, Edelman, Yearwood, Sserwadda, Castellano, Estrela, Fernandez, Harper, Luquinhas, Morgan, Ngoma, Carmona, and Clark (loan end)
Clark gone. Sell CCJ. Keep Amaya, Edelman, Yearwood and Sserwadda for the two DM roles. Waive Castellano who wasnt good with NYRBII and Wiki Carmona who blasts nearly all his shots into the 20th row. Sell Estrela or cut him loose. We have better prospects and he is eating a roster spot. Keep Luquinhas, Ngoma and Morgan. Fernandez and Harper remind me of players that we will let go and have moments regretting (Etienne Jr., Muyl). Speaking of which, both Muyl anf DE are Free Agents. Wouldnt be overly surprised to see a DE return. Need a true #10.

FWD: Klimala, Manoel (loan end), Barlow, Ryan, Sowe, and LaCava
Use the buyout on Klimala or loan him out for the year. Manoel hasn't done enough to return, but with a preseason he could be decent. Send Barlow to St. Louis for $50k GAM and agreement not to take a player in the expansion draft. Local kid, Carnell likes him. Bring in a veteran MLS striker, a proven DP, and let LaCava, Ryan and Sowe battle it out for the third spot.

Coronel
Right Back - Reyes - S Nealis - Tolkin
Edelman - Amaya/Yearwood
Luquinhas - #10 - Morgan
DP Striker

Bench Options: Meara/Marcucci, Mullings, Ndam, Nocita, D. Nealis, Amaya/Yearwood, Sserwadda, Harper, Fernandez, Ngoma, Backup veteran striker, LaCava/Ryan/Sowe

Blow up the front office. Hamlett and de Grandpre having jobs with their obvious blunder after blunder after blunder is incredible.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I think Morgan gets sold. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
They will fuck it up as they always have.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
We can pray STL takes Barlow, but I doubt that happens. And nobody's going to pay anything for him, so I guess it's still just waiting out the contract.

We're in a weird place where I feel there are a few pieces that we could easily sell for a 2-4 million each (CCJ, Tolkin, Morgan), but I don't know if we can afford to go full rebuild next year.

I feel like our transfer strategy is going to be dependent on who's trying to get out and what we can do with Klimala.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
There should be European interest for Morgan. He is likely to be sold. Tell any suitors they can have Morgan but have to add $1M and take Klimala as part of a package deal.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Blow up the front office. Hamlett and de Grandpre having jobs with their obvious blunder after blunder after blunder is incredible.

This would be a very helpful first step if there's anyone in the org who actually has the power to do so.

In a league that's rapidly growing on and off the field, these two have overseen clear regression in both categories.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

for the balance of the lineup we should sell CCJ and use the proceeds to get a 10 or at least a more attacking 8.  we need more creativity/vision in the squad.  We have guys who can carry ball but no final pass.

Shopping list for me is 2 right backs (one fullback one wingback), one left back that more of a wingback, DP striker, TAM/U22 CAM/more attack minded 8 (ideally a lefty), prospect striker that can be a solid backup Manoel level or better. 

richbatt

richbatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Surely the expansion draft will affect the final roster. St. Louis' Carnell knows us well enough

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Yearwood is not worth it. For all the flashes he shows, he's yet to prove he's a 90 minute player. It's been 2 and a half years.

Selling CCJ makes little sense to me. What's there to gain, magical GAM that Hamlett will waste anyway? Re-sign and build around him.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

There should be European interest for Morgan. He is likely to be sold. Tell any suitors they can have Morgan but have to add we will reduce the price $1M and take give Klimala as part of a package deal.

ftfy

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Striker is the biggest need by a mile and I would follow that with CB considering Long will be a goner.

Right back is next up, and we need two of them.  

D Nealis and Barlow being elsewhere will help the team.  They are guys we must move.

Also have to figure out what the deal is with Luquinhas.  As good as he was at first, the dude was downright bad for a huge chunk of the season.  I still lean towards him being good, but that collapse was something to behold. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Yearwood is not worth it. For all the flashes he shows, he's yet to prove he's a 90 minute player. It's been 2 and a half years.

Selling CCJ makes little sense to me. What's there to gain, magical GAM that Hamlett will waste anyway? Re-sign and build around him.

Yearwood is not a 90 minute a week guy, but I don't think we need him to be for the roster resources he takes up. For an international spot and $500k of cap space, he had 18 starts and 25 appearances this year, and was a difference maker in a lot of those. I'm more than happy with him in this role.

Do you think CCJ is that 90 minute a week guy that you build around? He went down on a high note this season, but imo the reason he's not already in Europe is because his lows are just as low as his highs are high. He has a few months of each season where he just tanks. If I'm not mistaken he just finished the third year of his latest contract, if we can get a decent fee the smart move is to sell.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Let the games begin.

GK: Coronel, Meara (Free Agent), and Marcucci
I expect Meara to look elsewhere but wouldn't be surprised to see him come back yet again. Marcucci is more than ready to step up.

DEF: Duncan (loan end), Long (Free Agent), Ndam, D. Nealis, S. Nealis, Nocita, Reyes, and Tolkin
Duncan and Long will be gone. Reyes and S. Nealis starting CBs with Nocita and Ndam returning as the backups. Hopefully Nocita can stay healthy. D. Nealis as backup across the whole backline, but if we waive him I wouldn't mind. Tolkin as left back, but need a backup for him. Curtis Ofori has shown flashes in USL, as has Juan Castillo. O'Vonte Mullings should get a look on the right side.

MID: Amaya, CCJ, Edelman, Yearwood, Sserwadda, Castellano, Estrela, Fernandez, Harper, Luquinhas, Morgan, Ngoma, Carmona, and Clark (loan end)
Clark gone. Sell CCJ. Keep Amaya, Edelman, Yearwood and Sserwadda for the two DM roles. Waive Castellano who wasnt good with NYRBII and Wiki Carmona who blasts nearly all his shots into the 20th row. Sell Estrela or cut him loose. We have better prospects and he is eating a roster spot. Keep Luquinhas, Ngoma and Morgan. Fernandez and Harper remind me of players that we will let go and have moments regretting (Etienne Jr., Muyl). Speaking of which, both Muyl anf DE are Free Agents. Wouldnt be overly surprised to see a DE return. Need a true #10.

FWD: Klimala, Manoel (loan end), Barlow, Ryan, Sowe, and LaCava
Use the buyout on Klimala or loan him out for the year. Manoel hasn't done enough to return, but with a preseason he could be decent. Send Barlow to St. Louis for $50k GAM and agreement not to take a player in the expansion draft. Local kid, Carnell likes him. Bring in a veteran MLS striker, a proven DP, and let LaCava, Ryan and Sowe battle it out for the third spot.

Coronel
Right Back - Reyes - S Nealis - Tolkin
Edelman - Amaya/Yearwood
Luquinhas - #10 - Morgan
DP Striker

Bench Options: Meara/Marcucci, Mullings, Ndam, Nocita, D. Nealis, Amaya/Yearwood, Sserwadda, Harper, Fernandez, Ngoma, Backup veteran striker, LaCava/Ryan/Sowe

I agree with everything you said except two things. I think we need a DP CB to play next to Reyes. Someone in the mold of olave. I dont think sean nealis is good enough to be an everyday starter at CB. He is too slow.

I also dont think we need a 10. We have Luq. On the wing, I would like to see ngoma get a look. We need more speed. Etienne would be ideal if he came back.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Is Yearwood a U22 player? Cuz if he is one, his actual cap hit is minimal. He'd be just one of the 20 senior players on the roster. 

If it's outside backs, re-start the negotiations in getting that LB from Emelec, and the Israeli RB. Def need at least 1 CB for next season, so that Ndam is 4 and Nocita 5, if both even make next yrs roster.

Striker is an obvs need. A big bruiser, just like Barnsley when they brought in Dike. Their fortunes changed for the better when he began playing demolition derby with the opposition CBs. There aren't any strikers on our roster to do that, not even close. Will it look ugly? Most likely, but honestly I don't care about how it looks. Just from the vids, Dike's goals with Barnsley had 'make something happen big man, please' energy. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Brian did a great job summing up the landscape right now, not much else to add to it.

I don't trust the kids quite that much though, only thing that sticks out is whether there is room to add some more veteran presence to the roster. I'd love to find a reliable vet to play next to Edelman. Sell CCJ and buy a CM over the age of 25. Trade Amaya for allocation money and put that towards a vet striker off the bench, preferably an MLS guy. 

CM depth chart: Edelman, TAM CM, Yearwood, Sswerwadda

Striker depth chart: DP Striker, Manoel, MLS Vet, Lacava/Ryan/Sowe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users