27 replies to this topic

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
For the 12th time RB Salzburg fails to qualify for the champions league. This time at home, but with 10000 away fans, to Serbia's Crvena Zvezda needing a result at home after a 0-0 draw in Belgrade in an empty stadium. After going up 2-0 early in the 2nd half they conceded twice in 77 seconds for the final result 2-2 and on away goals rule RB is eliminated from CL and will instead try to repeat their semifinal appearance in Europa league from last year. They dominated the first half with 14 shots and 4 on goal in the first 15 minutes but were only able to score in the 45th minute and then again 48th before taking the gas off the pedal. 

On the other hand RB Leipzig plays their second leg vs Ukrainian Zorya at home after a 0-0 draw away.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
That is brutal

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

RB Salzburg fails to qualify for the champions league. ... RB Leipzig plays their second leg vs Ukrainian Zorya at home after a 0-0 draw away.

RBL squeeze through 3-2.
So their reward is to be in the same Europa group.
https://edition-m.cn...www.google.com/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
Two teams with same owner, crest, jersey, colors playing against each other in an international competition. Fucked up but par for the course in this money driven modern football world..

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Well that is awkward. Not sure what the schedule is, but imagine they are playing each other and a certain result would see them both through to the knockout stages? Possibility of some funny business.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Two teams with same owner

Really if you think about it with single entity that can be said to describe every MLS match.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
They were close to playing each other in the Europa League Final last year, werent they? Seem to remember them both being in the semis.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
Yes it can describe the MLS and we all bitch and moan about the ridiculousness of many MLS moves. UEFA on the other hand pretends to be a serious organization and then shit like this happens. IIRC there was talk about this same topic when both rb teams ended up in Europa league but I don't remember how they resolved it, think they might have simply shuffled some paperwork and claimed they are not owned by the same company so there wasn't a conflict. Obviously UEFA bought their explanation and here we are..

#FUCKredbull

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
IIRC the same thing happened with CCL several years back with Chivas and Saprissa facing each other despite being owned by the same guy (it may have been another Mexican team but I'm positive it was Chivas).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

Vergara

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
https://www.foxsport...ip-issue-062017

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Apparently, Red Bull no longer owns a controlling interest in RB Salzburg. Interesting...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I have PSG at 7.5 :1 odds to win the CL. And Liverpool at 12:1 seemed too good not to put a small bet as well. Of course they're both in the same group but I think they'll both make it out.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I have PSG at 7.5 :1 odds to win the CL.

How much did you bet?
https://www.bbc.com/...otball/45843131

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

How much did you bet?
https://www.bbc.com/...otball/45843131

Like $40. Just enough to make it interesting. I think I had $20 on Liverpool too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users