ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

:)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ 

Almiron 2nd, Ibrahimovic 3rd.

If I had voted, it'd have been for Zlatan, LA's defense was bad, they lost/drew a bunch of games where they scored 3 or more goals.

2 years ago the award went to Villa even though BWP had a better season at the striker position, and voters rationalized it as 'can't vote for BWP because Sacha was also a finalist.'

So what happened this year when Almiron came in second?  And then there's the fact that BWP wasn't even a finalist the year he tied the goal-scoring record that Martinez broke this year.

Big picture, it doesn't matter much, (though I'm sure it would have mattered to BWP if he'd won in either of those years.)

I would think BWP would be the consensus choice for Metro MVP in 2018, but Kemar and Adams should probably be in the conversation.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

:)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ :)+ :)+

Almiron 2nd, Ibrahimovic 3rd.

If I had voted, it'd have been for Zlatan, LA's defense was bad, they lost/drew a bunch of games where they scored 3 or more goals.

2 years ago the award went to Villa even though BWP had a better season at the striker position, and voters rationalized it as 'can't vote for BWP because Sacha was also a finalist.'

So what happened this year when Almiron came in second?  And then there's the fact that BWP wasn't even a finalist the year he tied the goal-scoring record that Martinez broke this year.

Big picture, it doesn't matter much, (though I'm sure it would have mattered to BWP if he'd won in either of those years.)

I would think BWP would be the consensus choice for Metro MVP in 2018, but Kemar and Adams should probably be in the conversation.

This accurately shows you the talent we had to deal with against Atlanta - #1 and #2 player in the League on the same team. With Taxi, the guy who could actually contain some of that firepower, out and ref overturning legit BWP road goal - it's tough to overcome. That's why I keep saying it was not same old Metro - we just faced a way more talented team, and to be frank got unlucky with the untimely injury and BS VAR reversal.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Miguel should have won. Josef was just as good as Brandon Allen when he was on the shelf. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users