145 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Who do have facing an option, or an expiring contract?   No farewell tweets I've seen.

If we assume everyone's on a standard 3 year guarantee + options, that'd be whoever signed in 2018. From the transfer list that season I see Kaku and CCJ as the internationals (did CCJ ever sign a new contract?) and Mines and White as the homegrowns

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

If we assume everyone's on a standard 3 year guarantee + options, that'd be whoever signed in 2018. From the transfer list that season I see Kaku and CCJ as the internationals (did CCJ ever sign a new contract?) and Mines and White as the homegrowns

CCJ signed a new deal this offseason i think.  Most of our known expirations are in 2021 i think.  But when is Royer up, feel it must be soon.  He signed April 2018

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Is it always 3 + an option? Seems excessive

CCJ signed an extension in February

https://www.mlssocce...ter-strong-2019

Davis and Royer signed new contracts 1 day apart in 2018, team has an option on Davis for 2021, assuming similar language in Royers contract that would be true for him as well.

https://www.mlssocce...is-new-contract

https://www.mlssocce...i-year-contract

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,423 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Duncan's 1st yr was 2018. His 3rd contract yr just wrapped up. He could be given an extension/raise this yr. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I think it would be a huge mistake to get rid of both Parker and Long, before Parkers turn around in play I was ready for him to go but I dont have any problem with both of them sticking around and anchoring the roster refresh.

I'm sure there is someone in the org who thinks it was a huge mistake not to sell Long for 8 mil or whatever last year. My thought that Long and Parker are gone is not my desire (though I am a USMNT fan and a part of me would like to see Long in Europe) - it is more what I think will happen. My prediction is that Long is definitely sold, and I could see Parker sold as well.  

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Duncan's 1st yr was 2018. His 3rd contract yr just wrapped up. He could be given an extension/raise this yr. 

Probably will be elevated to the senior roster

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Is it always 3 + an option? Seems excessive

No most definitely not always but for guys entering the league I've found that to be the most common. It's MLS though so that's based on some pretty limited visibility

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,423 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Probably will be elevated to the senior roster

Like they did White when he got his extension/raise. 

I think Lewis gets an MLS contract and will occupy one of the supplemental spots (21-30). I'd promote Sowe if they don't acquire enough attacking talent during the offseason. Sowe had a decent yr stat wise. Also, before Barlow got promoted, he had a stellar yr with RB2, as did White.  

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Wow, time flies.  I thought it was last year that he had joined.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Like they did White when he got his extension/raise. 

I think Lewis gets an MLS contract and will occupy one of the supplemental spots (21-30). I'd promote Sowe if they don't acquire enough attacking talent during the offseason. Sowe had a decent yr stat wise. Also, before Barlow got promoted, he had a stellar yr with RB2, as did White.  

I would give Luca Lewis the 3rd string keeper spot too. McIntosh was over 6 figures this year. Silly for a 3rd string keeper to be earning more than some starters and to be on the senior roster.

Sowe will be an interesting complement to our current forwards. Barlow has speed but then stares at the ball and takes too many touches, often overthinks what to do next. White struggles to get into good spaces and often takes shots with defenders on top of him. Sowe tends to get the ball and shoot it, almost too early or one-timing it when he has plenty of time. Given our lack of shots on goal from our forwards, I would take that from Sowe.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Sowe Lewis LaCava will all be back with the 2s next year

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users