Your duly elected 2010 Section 8 Chicago ISA Board of Directors:

Chair: Tom Dunmore (me)
Vice-Chair: Joel Piktel
Operations: Michael "Giaco" Giacometti
Events: Josh Graning
Merch (KING): Peter "Chow" Bychowski
Communications: Dan Martin
Finance: Mario Ortega

As I mentioned at the AGM, I'm hoping a lot of you will give me ideas, feedback and advice, and tell me when I'm being an idiot. Contact me anytime at tom@section8chicago.com. The only way Section 8 Chicago works is as a participatory democracy, to keep the diversity that is our strength at its core.

It was remarkable looking around the 100+ folks at the AGM yesterday and thinking how many strong personalities and different perspectives there were out there, yet there we were all together as Fire supporters. I don't think any other MLS clubs have that going for them. We need to keep reaching out to keep that going as we grow.

I hope a lot more people will start coming to board meetings, too. The discussion of the bylaws and the outstanding feedback we received at the AGM showed how valuable it is to get as much input as possible. If you have positive ideas, if you want to listen, if you want to say the direction of everything we're doing is fucked up...Come to a meeting. Come to every meeting you can. Get involved. Posting on the forums is fine and gives feedback, but coming in person and having your say is much more likely to shape what Section 8 Chicago does and is. Stay tuned for news of the February board meeting soon, which will most likely be at SmallBar Fullerton.

Anyway, ramble over. Thanks to everyone who came to the AGM and voted, and all the messages from those who couldn't make it. Ben and Marcin have set considerable standards for the role of Chair and I'll do my best to keep that up. But I'll need your help....and beer. :cheers:
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#2 dpm

dpm

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Supports:chicago fire

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

Time to change your sig, Tom! :cheers:

btw, for anyone not aware, Communications: Dan Martin = me. I look forward to working with the board in the season to come. Thank you to everyone who came to the AGM and voted.

#3 Huck1eberry

Huck1eberry

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:The Wife. The Fire. Education. Comics. Reading.
  • Supports:Fire Fire Fire

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

I would also like to thank everyone who came out to the AGM and those of you who were there in spirit.

I look forward to working with everyone to make this a banner year for the board and the Fire.

#4 The Herr

The Herr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

Congrats to the new board!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

make this a banner .

my job. :P

#6 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

Congratulations to the old and new board. I hope it goes without saying that if you have any questions, concerns or need help you can reach out to me at any time. I'm as dedicated to the ISA as I ever was, perhaps now more than ever.

One bit of advice, remember that this is soccer. It's all for fun. In mid-July when the season feels like it's stretching on forever, the volunteers who actually show up and help start to disappear, and the FO does something so completely backwards and stupid that you question your loyalty to the club, it's still all for fun.

Don't let it drag you down because the work is still appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users