Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I mean, from 2011-2013 or so, Philly was a heavily attended fixture, and/or their fans were just fucktards. It was the biggest away bus trip for some, a glorified booze cruise. We all know that the Philly fixture got stale quick. Even if I've had to hear from all the NJ ppl that they HATE philly for almost a decade, I'm sure they hate us, too. Attendance last yr and the yr before in both RBA and PPL indicate otherwise. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

karbaz

karbaz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Football(soccer), Boxing, Tennis
  • Supports:Red Bull New York and FC Barcelona

DC is obviously number 1 b/c of history, but they are no threat to us anymore really.  Like someone else said, the blue team is easier to hate atm, they are fakes and a legit threat to winning MLS cup which would be the fucking worst.  In the end fuck both teams.

"There is a myth that says you can't win by playing beautiful"

- Carles Rexach, Barcelona Legend

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

FUCK DC UNITED FOREVER AND EVER. 

CHINGA SU PUTA MADRE.

Also... Am I the only one who STILL and will most likely forever hate New England and Chicago?

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

FUCK DC UNITED FOREVER AND EVER. 
CHINGA SU PUTA MADRE.

Also... Am I the only one who STILL and will most likely forever hate New England and Chicago?

I still hate New England a lot but Chicago doesn't bother me much anymore since I associate them with good memories now since we have clinched 2 shields against them and crushed them in the playoffs last year.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I still hate New England a lot but Chicago doesn't bother me much anymore since I associate them with good memories now since we have clinched 2 shields against them and crushed them in the playoffs last year.

I'm not saying this as a knock (and I apologize if it comes off that way) but merely a statement of fact: the reason you don't hate Chicago is because you weren't around in 2000 and 2003. Those two losses were every bit as devastating as any we ever suffered, and 2000 was even worse because that was easily our best team of the Giants Stadium era and should've won it all.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
People forget that Chicago was Seattle before Seattle was Seattle

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I'm not saying this as a knock (and I apologize if it comes off that way) but merely a statement of fact: the reason you don't hate Chicago is because you weren't around in 2000 and 2003. Those two losses were every bit as devastating as any we ever suffered, and 2000 was even worse because that was easily our best team of the Giants Stadium era and should've won it all.

I was around and remember those games I just don't remember hating any specific players on Chicago like I have with New England over the years. I still hate Pat Noonan, Jermaine Jones and Taylor Twellman.

Plus for me the 2 shields against Chicago and the ass kicking in the playoffs last year definitely help. The open cup win against New England last year was great but I want to knock them out of the playoffs. We owe them a few of those.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

DC

Chicago

New England

That was the Evil Trinity for a shit load of yrs. 

Currently in 2018, for me, NYCFC is up there, just pipping Chicago for 2nd. Chicago is now tied with TFC for 3rd/4th, NE and Cosmos are 5th/6th. CBus and Philly are prob 7th and 8th. Then SKC, I guess. Harrisburg/PennFC is 10th to round it out. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

The ATL game last night had all the makings of a new rivalry between RBNY and ATL. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The ATL game last night had all the makings of a new rivalry between RBNY and ATL. 

Why?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

One game does not a rivalry make. Atl will have a soft spot in my heart while they are wearing red and black. They do remind me of a few other "rivals" in how they and their fans behaved after going down and losing control of and eventually the game, very dirty and bitchy on and off the field. We now beat them in both games in Atlanta but they just think they're the shit and get mad when they don't.

So yea sounds like other "rivalries"

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Why?

two top teams playing each other

chippy game with cards/injuries

insufferable fan base (theirs not ours...well, maybe both)

bad blood after perceived ref mistakes

we're also 100% win rate at their field (including beating them in their first ever home opener last year)

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I will side with Hawk on this.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Maybe its because teams have popped up in close proximity that old, further away rivals seem less important. Its hard to ignore the blue team since they are all over the place down here. Philly closer as well.

Also, weve owned the scum as of late so that doesnt help when its one sided.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

yea man, I hear you.

I went from being indifferent to hating them. Lets see if the momentum keeps rolling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users