410 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Would certainly fit the bill of "not a depth piece" like Armas said, but this would be WILD.  Chelsea were asking 30m pounds last season.

Yep, cant imagine its Kennedy. As a Newcastle fan, he was incredibly frustrating to watch at times and was relegated to the bench for long stretches. But, he is very, very talented and even with struggling to string together any consistent stretches of good form, Id imagine Chelseas asking price is still way too high for us.

Also, I dont recall him ever logging any time at LB in his time with Newcastle, even if thats listed as one of his positions. Matt Ritchie was the only LM/LW that theyd, at times, slot back to LB.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Yeah, I can't imagine that Kennedy could be the guy either. His value has sunk, but he'd still be a record transfer for RBNY. Maybe 10-12 million?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

isn't uruguyan league also the premier league? 

how many other premier leagues are there?

I've defended management for a long time but I'm highly frustrated now. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Does Sane from man city also play wing back? I know they're shopping him

5 year plan

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Does Sane from man city also play wing back? I know they're shopping him

Sane would cost around $100 million to bring in. Not happening.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

MLS ... is no place for spending millions on ... potential. 

How is it, that our FO does not realize this?
There is an existing system to find & develop talent.
AFAIK, millions are spent on that.
Expensive signings need to have an immediate impact.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Kamara coming back to DC. LA is somehow upgrading. Teams in MLS are getting upgraded all around us.........  But we have "THE SYSTEM".

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
What system? We're not pressing like we used to, we are not passing like we used to and we're not creating chances either from build up or from takeaways. Our system disappeared with Marsch and it was obvious in the first game he didn't coach. Armas tried some plan Bs but in the process lost plan A. But sure the system is a nice excuse for not signing players..

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

What system? We're not pressing like we used to, we are not passing like we used to and we're not creating chances either from build up or from takeaways. Our system disappeared with Marsch and it was obvious in the first game he didn't coach. Armas tried some plan Bs but in the process lost plan A. But sure the system is a nice excuse for not signing players..

You do understand my "system" quote was tongue in cheek.  Our system had broken down without TA as holding mid and especially any time that Kemar is out of the lineup.  We are "talent poor" compared to the best MLS teams.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Of course, it was not directed at you but a general comment. I would argue that loss of Adams was the reason the system broke down though, because it was in place before him, my argument is that it was lost when "we're going to play like an energy drink" left for greener pastures.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

This is an odd spot to be in. For years we bitched about them not using the talent around us to create a system where they could take advantage of that by having youth teams & developing them with serious minutes until they were ready for MLS action. Then they did that. And we were happy. Only the really good kids leave before they win (Ream, Miazga, Adams, Long seems next) now they seem to be relying on the system too much, so we're unhappy.

For years, they brought in expensive Europeans (some good, some bad), who were mostly short term fixes due to their age (Matthaeus, Djorkaeff, Cahill), but whose quality would've been good on a team that was ready to win, which we never were before. Giving up the future (Rico Clark, etc.) for the present (Djorkaeff), etc. never got us a cup. So they've stopped doing that. And we were happy. Only, we're now (or, were last year) close enough to maybe win, and they aren't really signing any big names/players when we can use them to win, so we're unhappy again. 

We bring along guys like Bradley, Magee, Altidore, and they win MLS Cups (yay). For someone else (boo). 

We always find a way to screw this up.

I'd like them to work on the balance of having a great academy and 2-3 Kaku level signings on the team at the same time. Sign some INTL kids like Jorgensen & CCJ, and use them to push the local kids, but get those 2-3 guys like Piatti or whoever that always seem to step up for the other team when the playoffs roll around.

But...instead, we always find a way to screw this up.  It's like watching a franchise whose entire year is a gif of the Kenny Cooper penalty goal call back on infinite loop.

I'd like to think we'll sign someone. It doesn't seem that likely though. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Premier league check
Uruguay trip check
Position of need check
Young check
Growth next year check
Impact now? Possibly

CLEARLY NOT FOR US

MLS Buzz
@MLS_Buzz
·
1h
18-year-old Uruguayan attacking midfielder Thomás Chacón is reportedly set to move to an unnamed #MLS team.

Chacón has nearly 50 combined apps for Uruguays u17 and u20 national teams, and has become a regular starter for his club in Uruguay.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

God bless you for saying that out loud.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We always find a way to screw this up. 

TSM.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Sane would cost around $100 million to bring in. Not happening.

Maybe its Lingard from Manchester United?

5 year plan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users