1252 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Agree that Sims played well and I do like him. Hopefully can even better with a full season. Just making the point that he is not some world savior. We still have a ton of issues even with him.

Was anyone calling him a "savior"?  Or, saying he solved all our issues?  He's just one of the few positives in an otherwise dreary offseason.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I trust at least White, maybe Barlow, to get on the end of tap-ins. The question is, what reason do we have to believe that the rest of the team will create a lot of those opportunities for them? It's literally the same squad as last year where we had our worst offensive season since 2011.

Kaku is going to be energized to show that he is healthy, Sims will play the whole season and we expect royer to continue to produce.

I dont think the offense will be a problem. The issue for this team will be the defense.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,911 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

And there's a Copa America this summer, so I believe Kaku will try to play well in order to get the call up. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

And there's a Copa America this summer, so I believe Kaku will try to play well in order to get the call up. 

The irony is that we will rooting for Kaku to play well which in return would result in him being gone for a stretch of the summer.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,911 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The irony is that we will rooting for Kaku to play well which in return would result in him being gone for a stretch of the summer.

same goes for Long and Casseres. at least this yr, only those 3 may get called up for any kind of NT duty. i think Tarek said recently that he isn't being considered for Egypt cuz of him playing in MLS, fine by me. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
CCJ contract extension?

https://twitter.com/...7145717762?s=21

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

same goes for Long and Casseres. at least this yr, only those 3 may get called up for any kind of NT duty. i think Tarek said recently that he isn't being considered for Egypt cuz of him playing in MLS, fine by me. 

several teams will be missing more guys than us, so we should be better off to be honest. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
I guess we should be happy that he tried, and expect no more transfer activity before the close of the window in May.

Struck out twice at striker, struck out with Lopes, Hamlett just isnt good at his job.

https://twitter.com/...1186745345?s=21

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I guess we should be happy that he tried, and expect no more transfer activity before the close of the window in May.

Struck out twice at striker, struck out with Lopes, Hamlett just isnt good at his job.

https://twitter.com/...1186745345?s=21

Dyer is buying a little too hard into the "everything is fine" narrative coming from Hamlett and Armas. His bar for a deficient off season is really low here. None of the three players he calls out are guaranteed to win their starting role, or at least they shouldn't be.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Dyer is buying a little too hard into the "everything is fine" narrative coming from Hamlett and Armas. His bar for a deficient off season is really low here. None of the three players he calls out are guaranteed to win their starting role, or at least they shouldn't be.

Right. Egbo isnt even in camp yet, so hes going to have an uphill battle to win the RB spot unless Duncan lays an egg.

Tolkin will probably get more minutes with the 2s than RBNY

Jensen may win the starting GK job, but the idea behind cutting Robles and BWP loose was to use the $$ to improve the roster.

Too many pushing this narrative over the last few days.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2
Table don't care about narratives.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Dyer has turned into a full blown shill for Armas lately

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,859 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So let's say that Murillo dropped off the charts and Duncan was gonna start anyway. Let's say that Robles was winding down and Jensen will replace him fine. Let's say that BWP is past his sell-by point and the forward-by-committee can produce.

WE HAVE NOT REPLACED THE BEST LEFT BACK IN THE LEAGUE.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

So let's say that Murillo dropped off the charts and Duncan was gonna start anyway. Let's say that Robles was winding down and Jensen will replace him fine. Let's say that BWP is past his sell-by point and the forward-by-committee can produce.

WE HAVE NOT REPLACED THE BEST LEFT BACK IN THE LEAGUE.

Completely agree.  How many games were won last year without Kemar in the lineup?  I get that he wanted Europe, don't blame him.  But if you want to win you need a replacement.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Don't agree with "not a deficient offseason" (we'll see if the RB and GK will start, and a U17 LB is nice but hardly guaranteed to contribute this year).

But Dyer has a point that it's a bit weird if people are simultaneously angry about 1) not signing players AND 2) Armas not explicitly saying we can win MLS Cup. Not sure how many such people there are, mind you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users