• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
FIRE NON EXISTENT MASCOT.

RETURN METRO DOG.

Where are you? Please return.

Thank you,

Those Who Care.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,584 posts
  • Interests:I do things
  • Supports:RBNY

RETURN METRO DOG.

Thank you,

Those Who Care.

He is currently still Iron Dog.

Fire the Red Bull girls... they've brought nothing to the table.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
i call bullshit on this. yeah he tweaks the lineup week in and week out but look at the fucking players we have. he cant work wonders with our sad bunch excuse of players.. teams try to keep the same core of the team from year to year.. look at houston. why they've been so sucesfull because they play with the same core from year to year. yea trades/transfers need to be made and have to be made but not like what we do. get rid of our core and re-build. weve been re-building for years and each year its the same first round exit. fire the FO. fire agoos fire the team. :(

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

He is currently still Iron Dog.

Fire the Red Bull girls... they've brought nothing to the table.

I hear Iron Dog was a left footed center back in his day. Wich left foot I have no idea. :(

Infected Since 96'

Infected Since 96'

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Supports:Azzurri/Juventus
It's the same old story every year with this team, they go into the season with a roster that is not complete. Always that Guevara, Angel, Vega, Meyers, Pitufo, Juskowiak, Branco, Curcic, Schoop etc.... who is not going to arrive until a month into the season, why does this club bother with pre-season? No problem picking up a player during an open window in the season, hell, top euro clubs do that also. NO-one but metro/rbny waits till the season to start to build a squad. Thats why when Osorio was at stout i sat by the bar cause ya just have to know whats going to happen.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

It's the same old story every year with this team, they go into the season with a roster that is not complete. Always that Guevara, Angel, Vega, Meyers, Pitufo, Juskowiak, Branco, Curcic, Schoop etc.... who is not going to arrive until a month into the season, why does this club bother with pre-season? No problem picking up a player during an open window in the season, hell, top euro clubs do that also. NO-one but metro/rbny waits till the season to start to build a squad. Thats why when Osorio was at stout i sat by the bar cause ya just have to know whats going to happen.

exactly! this formula has never ever worked in MLS. DC took care of their dirty work in the offseason with a huge overhaul of players, they went through their growing pains in the begining but now they look primed for a 2nd half push for the playoffs.

and to add insult to injury even the most casual RBNY fan knew that there was a HUGE chance that Jozy would be gone by summer....yet we have done nothing

5 year plan

tilt215

tilt215

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Supports:Redbull NY, Jersey SkyBlue
Wait, didnt he coach the FIRE lastyear? Isnt he REDBULL (or METRO) Juan Carlos this year? Im so confused.... :huh:

Wait... You meant fire him, as in take his job. Oh ok, im sorry.

Infected Since 96'

Infected Since 96'

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Supports:Azzurri/Juventus
This is nothing new, no one can act surprised about this. Im not saying they should be disbanded or no one should show up but it's the fo that has historically crippled this franchise. You can only sugar coat a turd so much, when ya take a bite, it still tastes like and is shit.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i call bullshit on this. yeah he tweaks the lineup week in and week out but look at the fucking players we have. he cant work wonders with our sad bunch excuse of players.. teams try to keep the same core of the team from year to year.. look at houston. why they've been so sucesfull because they play with the same core from year to year. yea trades/transfers need to be made and have to be made but not like what we do. get rid of our core and re-build. weve been re-building for years and each year its the same first round exit. fire the FO. fire agoos fire the team. :(

i'm pretty sure we've rebuilt almost every year since 96. what i don't understand is why , when we rebuild, can't we get decent players instead of players known to be worthless. rebuilding every year is pointless if we keep getting shit every year.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

i'm pretty sure we've rebuilt almost every year since 96. what i don't understand is why , when we rebuild, can't we get decent players instead of players known to be worthless. rebuilding every year is pointless if we keep getting shit every year.

:cheers:

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Ron Stoppable

Ron Stoppable

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Supports:New York and USA

At this point it really doesn't matter if JCO stays or goes. He can't do worse than those before him. And if he does? He's gone just like all those before him. And so it goes...

This is me at the end of my rope...about to sell give away my remaining season tickets. The only reason I renewed this year was the promise of Harrison for 2009. But we won't see that will we? I'll be going to Red Bulls games in the new Giants Stadium. No, wait, I'm giving away my tickets, I forgot. The stadium will never be built. The economy will collapse before we ever get a stadium, that's just what it means to be a Metro/Red Bull fan.

RHETORICAL QUESTIONS:
This is New effing York, the capital of the world. Why can't we get a cohesive team of real soccer players here? Where is the pressure from Austria, where is the pressure from the local media to produce results? Why have we seen the same sh!t every year for all this time? Not one championship, the Mets won 5 years in, the Yankees 26 and counting, the Rangers, Islanders, Knicks, Devils. Every effing team but the soccer team. This is NEW YORK, what's the problem? Why does the coach have to go every year, why do we have to always wait for that next transfer window?

Thanks for your time, Good night.
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.

A person is never happy except at the price of some ignorance.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Honestly, this is why it's such a complete fucking travesty to be a fan of this team. We have a terrible coach who's getting worse results than the guy before him, but we have to hold onto him for the sake of continuity. Except there's no continuity because rather than build the team in the offseason, he spent his time chasing two of our rival's players, never instituted a discernible tactical style beyond "bunker", failed to identify our most pressing need (CAM) and didn't prepare for the imminent departure of our star forward.

It's a surfeit of incompetence that should rightly have the coach on the hot seat. But we can't say he should be fired, because we need to build continuity. Except there's no continuity because rather than build the team in the offseason, he spent his time...

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
:pint: FIRE this thread
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Metro-211-7

Metro-211-7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Sporting Lisbon
None of us will do that (it), but what we should do is to close the eyes and let them fix the mess and organize themselves and we will return in one month's time.

It's too much of a headache to deal with all of this day in, day out.

It is just depressing! When the Metros play well and have a good season, they still go nowhere in the playoffs. When they have a mediocre season, like they do in most years, it's one (one game...) and out. It looks that way.

As for firing coaches and other staff. I have a hard time seeing the former DCU messing with our team. I can't name one that has helped us in any way. Maybe Pope during his first season as a Metro. Other than that, nothing!
These high-IQ Margaritas are genious !!!
http://metrostarsint....blogs.sapo.pt/

LOCO4REAL

LOCO4REAL

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Supports:River plate RBNY/METROSTARS

RETURN METRO DOG.

Thank you,

Those Who Care.

metro Dog died! u didnt read the story in the star ledger? he died in abandon warehouse in East orange nj. drunk as fuck!
LOS VILLEROS ,Los Borrachos Del Tablon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users