869 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Down 1-0 after Sswerwadda heads a throw in the wrong way and O'Vonte Mullings knocks it into his own net.

Down 2-0 at halftime. I stopped watching and not too sure I will watch the rest of the season, it's that bad.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,291 posts
  • Supports:Metro

"Down, but not out" again.

No, they are OUT. What a disgrace.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

We have 6 rostered keepers with USL.
Chan, Nikopolidis, and Marcucci
Academy: VanLuvanee, Cintron, and Stokes.

To have no backup keeper and plenty of open bench spots is poor management.

The operation of this club has been atrocious the last few years.

3 are academy goalies one of whom is 14 they likely are unavailable sometimes this happens when playing during a pandemic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

3 are academy goalies one of whom is 14 they likely are unavailable sometimes this happens when playing during a pandemic

Not with 6 rostered GKs.

NYRBII have played 231 matches, 60 of which occurred post-pandemic. Only one other time in club history have they not had a backup GK. That was when they had 3 GKs on the roster and Lapsley had a red in the prior match.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts
Final 2-0. Debuts of Casey and Adam Najem.

Through 11 matches this season, NYRBII have scored 6 goals. They have been shutout 7 times.

Jake LaCava has scored 7 times for Tampa Bay.

At least there is a team in the same league as us doing a good job developing players for our first team.

@CurseofCaricola

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I applaud all y'all watching this shit- I bailed 2 years ago when the FO just gave up.

I stand by it's a huge error not investing in this team but it's got to be so demoralizing knowing you're going to lose every week for the players.

Idk if an adams level talent could even do well rn.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

I applaud all y'all watching this shit- I bailed 2 years ago when the FO just gave up.

I stand by it's a huge error not investing in this team but it's got to be so demoralizing knowing you're going to lose every week for the players.

Idk if an adams level talent could even do well rn.

Here's what's crazy. We ALL agree LaCava is better off with Tampa Bay... Think about that. Most teams around the world loan a player out when there are too many players in that role for their own team and a player can benefit getting more minutes elsewhere. We are loaning a player our team could use...within our own league, because they are a more professional organization. I get it if we moved to a full blown U19 academy but our team's only regular academy player is Sam Williams, who plays better than most of our pro players.

Players aren't improving or learning when they are playing out of position, everyone is playing for themselves, we have less than one goal every 2 games, we get shut out 2/3 of the games, and we lose all our matches.

There was a glimmer of hope when we had a home draw with Tampa Bay, but that has quickly faded back to bad habits.

@CurseofCaricola

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
The weird thing is, players developed by NYRB II have been hugely influential in our Shield-winning seasons.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,291 posts

The weird thing is, players developed by NYRB II have been hugely influential in our Shield-winning seasons.

RBNY II neglect is in line with the first team neglect that happened past 2018. (Although first team neglect receded under Thelwell.)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,320 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Tampa Bay are a more professional organization.

Boils down to this.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Here's what's crazy. We ALL agree LaCava is better off with Tampa Bay... Think about that. Most teams around the world loan a player out when there are too many players in that role for their own team and a player can benefit getting more minutes elsewhere. We are loaning a player our team could use...within our own league, because they are a more professional organization. I get it if we moved to a full blown U19 academy but our team's only regular academy player is Sam Williams, who plays better than most of our pro players.

Players aren't improving or learning when they are playing out of position, everyone is playing for themselves, we have less than one goal every 2 games, we get shut out 2/3 of the games, and we lose all our matches.

There was a glimmer of hope when we had a home draw with Tampa Bay, but that has quickly faded back to bad habits.

It seems like theyre building this team for next year when the drop a level. LaCava is a guy thats better than MLS Next, but not ready for MLS. So they did the right thing for the player.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

You can still run a professional team with youth players.

They need to figure this out

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

its not about being in a more professional environment for LaCava its about being in a different pro environment. He maxed out what he can get from rb2 he knows the system he got pro experience but he isnt quite first team ready next step is a loan away to get a fresh perspective games in front of fans pressure of if you dont perform you may lose your spots. Rb2 is all about individual development projects I.e mullings Castillo position conversions exposing youth to the speed of the pro game and seeing if they sink or swim. Also as far as academy guys ofori ngoma are the same age group as Williams so we dont have academy guys because we signed them tyrkus has gotten more run of late wideman played early but he isnt usl level. The 06s havent stood out and bento is still recovering. Then the 07s are still very young

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts
They actually didnt play badly today. The first goal was unlucky could have been a foul IMO and before that they had quite a few really good moves that could have been a goals matter of inches on some. Adebayo smith who is awful missed a wide open net after the goalie spilled one at the top of the box . Rafanello hit the post once. Had another one where the goalie made a deflection on a cross that if he didnt it would have been a tap in at the far post. Mullings is improving as a RWB and could be a first team prospect there down the line sserwada continues to look like a guy who can play with the first team its not all bad despite the record

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

biggest issue we've had with USL teams is all the college level/more seasoned professional signings we've made haven't been good.  The team's best guys are usually academy guys and that makes it tricky to be competitive.  I am a bit surprised at how bad this USL team is but some guys i thought they would rely on have played more with the first team that i anticipated (or are injured). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users