300 replies to this topic

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Last year's 3-3 game was fun. Bringing a few non-soccer/MLS fans this time. Let's get a W. 

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Last year's 3-3 game was fun. Bringing a few non-soccer/MLS fans this time. Let's get a W. 

Ill be there and bringing a few potential converts.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

FUCK DC

#RedBullOut

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I can't comprehend how anyone would have fun conceding 3 to the scum.   But good for you.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Huge week, draw with NER was a downer but if we get 4 points from these two it would be a good sign.

I still have little to no faith of making to eastern finals, but if everything clicks. It could happen.

Im strongly in the Murillo needs to play camp, his higher level is enough to win mls cup so yeah hes a risk but Id rather the guy there is a chance with than buckmaster who teams will go after in the playoffs.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I can't comprehend how anyone would have fun conceding 3 to the scum.   But good for you.

It's not like we had a 3-0 lead and blew it, we never even had a lead. Down 2-1 in the 76th to tie it for dc to score in the 87th and then us strike right back in the 90th. Definitely a more fun tie for us than DC fans lol

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Im strongly in the Murillo needs to play camp, his higher level is enough to win mls cup so yeah hes a risk but Id rather the guy there is a chance with than buckmaster who teams will go after in the playoffs.

Team will go after Murillos side too knowing that hes good for a game deciding bone headed play. Difference is that Murillo can contribute in attack. So unless there is something wrong behind the scenes you have to play him.

Per usual teams are going to bunker in, let us take 30 shots and score none, and then abuse us on one or two plays. Im skeptical about sims helping out here. Forget his quality which is pretty unknown. Pacey guys who arent great shooters can help on the counter or in an open game. Against teams that are happy to sit back? Ehhhhhhh

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Remember when the Pope told DC United to fuck off?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Team will go after Murillos side too knowing that hes good for a game deciding bone headed play. Difference is that Murillo can contribute in attack. So unless there is something wrong behind the scenes you have to play him.

Per usual teams are going to bunker in, let us take 30 shots and score none, and then abuse us on one or two plays. Im skeptical about sims helping out here. Forget his quality which is pretty unknown. Pacey guys who arent great shooters can help on the counter or in an open game. Against teams that are happy to sit back? Ehhhhhhh

Hoping we create as many chances last time with Reece on the field.  Hoping Royer and BWP bring their finishing boots. 

Obviously there is a behind the scene issue.

Lets go Metro!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

If you were in the building when we equalized twice, particularly the silence after the third goal, you'd understand.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If you were in the building when we equalized twice, particularly the silence after the third goal, you'd understand.

I most certainly was in the building.   I was more relieved than entertained.   But I've become a miserable bastard this year.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I've become a miserable bastard this year.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=qXRuoSHI6eQ

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I most certainly was in the building.   I was more relieved than entertained.   But I've become a miserable bastard this year.

don't blame you, rightfully so.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elwey75

elwey75

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Supports:new york red bulls
As Armas confirmed a few weeks ago, we love suffer, and we will be in a masoquist heaven, until next saturday.. but nothing to do. it's already attached to our DNA...AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING...i will suffer for the metros

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
Something about me going to games in DC. Last two times I went (last year, the BWP 100th goal game) and in 2016 there was a long rain delay. Might be three in a row tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users