defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

This is a very good article.

What I think is going to be most interesting is that he's coming from a team that didn't exactly offer a ton of volume of play in the offensive end while our team will do that.  He's going to get chances, both to score and to create so that should be good for any talented player.   

Curious whether we try to use him in the middle or out wide.  I'd actually like to use him in the middle ala Sacha and he'll have freedom to go wherever.  

What I think will also be interesting is that he's coming from a team like that likes to spread things out.  We almost do the opposite where everything happens in close quarters so it's going to be interesting to see his comfort with that.

I'm excited without a doubt.

If we didnt have Royer I would want him centrally, but with Royer I want him wide.  In MLS rarely do teams have to very good/elite wingers and we may have that again like we did with peak Sam and Grella.  By doing that its impossible for opponents to double team/tactically take out one of them without leaving another very good guy in boatloads of space.  If Rzat is competent as a CAM, or Davis gets back into form then that would be the best scenario and open up the field so we can attack from both sides, being more dynamic.  

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

transfer is pending his P-1 Visa and ITC.

You are scaring me.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

If we didnt have Royer I would want him centrally, but with Royer I want him wide.  In MLS rarely do teams have to very good/elite wingers and we may have that again like we did with peak Sam and Grella.  By doing that its impossible for opponents to double team/tactically take out one of them without leaving another very good guy in boatloads of space.  If Rzat is competent as a CAM, or Davis gets back into form then that would be the best scenario and open up the field so we can attack from both sides, being more dynamic.  

We have had an inconsistent and weak counterattack for a couple of years.  It allows other teams to press us with abandon and has been successful against us.  I am hopeful that his addition will allow us to counterattack from the wings and keep opposing defenses honest.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

It was a saga  :blink:

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

It was a saga 

Who says that it is over?
AFAIK, he cannot play without a work permit.
https://www.nolo.com...ou-qualify.html
ITC from AFA to USSF also needed. Whose palms need to be greased?
https://www.ussoccer.../intl-clearance
https://www.ussoccer...nce/itc-request
Per BLew, RB only own 80% of his rights. Who owns the remaining 20%?
https://nypost.com/2...e-to-snag-kaku/
The Hamlett comments are odd. Is off-season melodrama really the way to entertain fans and get publicity?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Doesnt the 80% of his rights thing have to do with Red Bulls cut of a future transfer?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

as it was explained to me the 20% belongs to CAH. so they can reap some $$ when Kaku gets sold. that's the reason why CAH has had the funds to improve the team, despite selling players.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

One of 13 kids, ffs ...

We all dream of a team of Kaku's bros.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

We all dream of a team of Argentines.

Jesse laughed at the Draft when we sang this.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I feel a bit bad for Kaku because of this saga. Because NY didnt know what they were doing amd its taken so long, if hes not great in his first 5 games, fans are going to start turning on him.

I wonder this too. What is everyone's expectations for this player?

In 95 apps over four and a half seasons with Huracan he has scored 8 goals and 13 assists. So right out of the gate we can't expect him to produce anything close to Kljestan's numbers. His stats coming into the league are kinda like Veron. Everyone expected Veron to be banging them in but he never really was a goalscorer in Argentina, and Kaku doesn't look like it either.

I'm hoping what Kaku can do is give the offense a different look and enable players like Adams, Felipe, Rivas and Rapinoe to score more. BWP and Royer -- I think they are at their max levels of contribution already.

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

Not all great players have great stats.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

Grella didn't have great stats in England. Sam had some. 

JPA when he left South America, didn't have great stats in EPL, outside of 1 good yr. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Not all great players have great stats.

But if Kaku is going to play up front, then he needs to be scoring goals and setting up goals. Nobody puts a defensive midfielder as a CAM.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

I feel a bit bad for Kaku because of this saga. Because NY didnt know what they were doing amd its taken so long, if hes not great in his first 5 games, fans are going to start turning on him.

This is new york not dallas. So if the fans turn on him it's because he is playing like crap. Not because it took long for him to sign. Remember the fans gave TITI a hard time early on because he started off slow. This kid deserves no better.

Just play hard, get results and don't get beat out for minutes by Alex muyl. For now that's all we ask for.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hoping Kaku opens the counterattack dimension which has been non-existent.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users