115 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Maybe we wouldn't be in the off-season if we hadn't undervalued Etienne's talent and potential for years. Same old RB. I bet he's hoping Pendant comes back.

RED. BULL. OUT.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
There are already 3 open senior roster spots. Some of those on the bubble of the senior roster may be spared because there is already some space to make additions without subtracting. That all depends on how big of a roster RedBull wants though

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Maybe we wouldn't be in the off-season if we hadn't undervalued Etienne's talent and potential for years. Same old RB. I bet he's hoping Pendant comes back.

The last thing that guy needs is RedBull fans giving him a bigger ego by gassing him up.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Looks like that big ego is serving him just fine. Meanwhile his old team, still lacking dynamic playmaking wingers, once again munches down on humble pie.

But hey, we have players who don't have swagger, so we win. Loser/corporate RB logic.

RED. BULL. OUT.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Barlow is not a forward. Maybe convert him to a cb but he is not a forward.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Barlow is not a forward. Maybe convert him to a cb but he is not a forward.

He's not a pro soccer player, period. There's a million guys like him playing high school soccer. Tall, fast, runs hard. That's great at the high school level. Not enough at the pro level.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

CCJ on the left of the diamond? He and Yearwood are very similar players to me.

for it to work at its best you need a lefty.  a right footed player would have a tendency to cut inside which can really crowd the middle more than it already is.  Essentially you need a younger Rza who is hopefully an upgrade on him too.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

for it to work at its best you need a lefty.  a right footed player would have a tendency to cut inside which can really crowd the middle more than it already is.  Essentially you need a younger Rza who is hopefully an upgrade on him too.

Think we definitely sign a left footed CM, that means Valot and CCJ get relegated to the bench or tried at CDM but I dont see them starting there.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,663 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Looks like that big ego is serving him just fine. Meanwhile his old team, still lacking dynamic playmaking wingers, once again munches down on humble pie.

But hey, we have players who don't have swagger, so we win. Loser/corporate RB logic.

He had 1 goal and 2 assist in 21 regular season appearances. He only started 8 games. I know you're a big fan of his but he's not exactly tearing it up over there.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Woah woah woah. Lets not rewrite history. Etienne is nothing special. Hes not the reason why Cbus won and if he were playing for us, it wouldnt have made us win. This roster is missing a lot of things, hes not one of them

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Keep: davis, pendant, egbo, duncan,casseres, long, parker, nealis, mines, stroud, white, yearwood, clark, valot, meara, McIntosh

Dump: Barlow, Jensen, tetteh, jorgensen, rza, lema

Sell or trade for value: kaku, royer, omir, tarek

Send to RB2: Seagrist, tolkin,

Promote:zajec and sowe

Target: proven goal scorer, a proven CM, a LB to challenge pendant

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts
Agreed on the Etienne stuff. It's pretty clear given his numbers that there hasn't been a significant impact at all. Not shocking because we all seen him for years and knew what to expect. He had some positive moments against Pendant but almost everyone does.

Funny enough Muyl is proving to be the actual mistake.

And I understand thinking about CCJ on the left side of the diamond but he just doesn't have the mobility to do it well in my opinion. Yearwood transitioned well today because he actually has athleticism and speed. Don't see it happening as well with CCJ.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

From @MLSTransfers

"As both New York teams were eliminated yesterday, roster building starts immediately. NYCFC's Tinnerholm has interest from Lokomotiv Moscow. Source says his contract is until 2021 with +1yr option. RBNY's Tim Parker has been on trading block since summer."

"RBNY also looking at all options for Jørgensen for next season. A loan back to Demark is possible. Swedish club also shown interest."

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Interesting that Parker would be on the trading block. I feel like we specifically traded for him b/c he fit our system. And him and Long have a great partnership on and off the field. And he just signed a new contract last year, right?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,663 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Interesting that Parker would be on the trading block. I feel like we specifically traded for him b/c he fit our system. And him and Long have a great partnership on and off the field. And he just signed a new contract last year, right?

I'd be skeptical of this one, an account as reliable as MLS Transfers was the first to put this out there and they deleted their tweet within hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users