5 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,805 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
134 people on the list. 37 of them played for us at some point (not including Rimando or Hartmann). Over 25% of the list. Most far too late/early in their career.

https://twitter.com/...6679090177?s=19
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,818 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

No Grella?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Supports:Metro
No Gonzalo Veron, smh
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,805 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Not going to argue the list but probably a few guys that a least got some looks with Metro history:
Gio Savarese, Diego Serna, Mamadou Diallo, Roberto Donadoni, Kenny Cooper, Heath Pearce, Chris Henderson, Andy Williams, Dema Kovalenko, Wilman Conde, Ramiro Corrales
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Jacen McCullough

Jacen McCullough

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I could see him not being in the final 25, but not including Roberto Donadoni in the initial group of 134 finalists is a fucking joke.  He's better than at least a third of that list.  How many of them could go from MLS to starting at AC Milan?  How many could have even made the bench at AC Milan?  Absurd exclusion.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,438 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I could see him not being in the final 25, but not including Roberto Donadoni in the initial group of 134 finalists is a fucking joke.  He's better than at least a third of that list.  How many of them could go from MLS to starting at AC Milan?  How many could have even made the bench at AC Milan?  Absurd exclusion.

Well, Zlatan and Beckham.

Replace that with "early MLS", and...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users