55 replies to this topic

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Credit to the guy, after he scored in front of the south ward, he ran over and stuck his arms out, doing the wipeout.

A cool moment from a guy who has taken a lot of stick from us on the boards. (deservedly or not)

Of all the moments to come out of yesterday, that might have been the nicest story; team whipping boy scores a goal & appreciates the fans that kill him from time to time.

http://p.mlssoccer.c...74939.640hq.mp4

(sorry for the VW commercial)

Thanks to B Lewis for uncovering it by asking him post-game what he was doing in the celebration.

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT
Wipueout...a proud ESC creation! :cheers:
Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
Can he travel to Canada this year?

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Can he travel to Canada this year?

I don't think he traveled with the team to Mexico during preseason so I think he still can't leave the country.

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
this will be his year

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Thanks to B Lewis for uncovering it by asking him post-game what he was doing in the celebration.

I had no idea! :lol:
On the video, you can hear the SW launch into "Ballouchy"! :cheers:
Now, we'll have to change the lyrics to Wipeout: "Ballouchy ain't nuthin' ta fuk wit"!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
He has been an unexpected weapon off the bench for us. Starting late last year and continuing. I don't know if it's that he's not a good player when tired, of if there is just less pressure coming off the bench but it really suits him.

When we put him top of diamond vs RSL he was good as well.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Yeah, Ballouchy is doing a lot better this year. And he seems so positive with his attitude, so I guess that's a good thing.

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA
Not only was that awesome, but I loved the fact that he celebrated the goal with all the other bench players. Hug pile on hug with them. My favorite moment from yesterday.
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
I've never seen someone so childishly happy to score a goal before lol. He was like a kid opening presents on Christmas.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Not only was that awesome, but I loved the fact that he celebrated the goal with all the other bench players. Hug pile on hug with them. My favorite moment from yesterday.

+1.

I've talked so much shit about him, but was happy for him yesterday and wished he got that header that was close. Good for him.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA

+1.

I've talked so much shit about him, but was happy for him yesterday and wished he got that header that was close. Good for him.

If he scored on that header, I think the arena would have exploded.
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

+1.

The only reason he gets so much negative shit said about him is purely the result of ineffectiveness. It's very clear that he cares and is trying and wants to succeed and he seems like a great guy off the field. I'd love to be able to love him. I think (hope) Backe is finally realizing his limitations - he's not a holding mid and he's not a #10 - and is putting him in spots where he can succeed off the bench.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Wipeout...a proud ESC creation! :cheers:

...until Seattle or Kansas City steals it, of course.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

The only reason he gets so much negative shit said about him is purely the result of ineffectiveness.

Some of this is also brought on by Backe, unintentionally. There always seem to be games where were 0-0 or 1-1 and really need a goal, or losing 1-0 and really need to tie, and we wait & wait & wait for a sub, and finally we get one in the 87th or 88th minute.....and it's Ballouchy. That's where the frustration turns to hate, and he gets crapped on somewhat unfairly, regardless of how he's playing. If we changed the context of his appearances, it would be a somewhat different scenario. It also wouldn't hurt if he wasn't seen somewhat of the pet of an unloved coach, but, I think 1/3rd or more of the crap Ballouchy gets is because of how he is used, and the rest is because when he does play, he seems not to play all that well. Lately he's been better, however, so let's hope that continues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users