673 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Still, if you are Miazga, why take that chance?  Why give RB the  control?  To get an extra hundred thousand this year?    That will be chump change compared to what he will get over there.

Because his career could be over tomorrow with an injury.

His best bet to make $$ is to stay in rbny. He can build a nice career in mls and with the national team. Then when he is more of a finished product he can try europe.

Right now miazga is a project and would not break into the squad of any of the big leagues.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts

Not sure how it's Curtis' fault if Miazga wants out no matter what...

Because it's his job to convince him to stay

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Yeah I'm just going by the reports that he was asking RB for $500k. Why even ask if you tell the club you're leaving anyway?

Because his real position is probably, pay me $500,000 or I want to leave.  He knows he could probably get a contract making that much in Europe tomorrow, if Red Bull are forced to sell.  He (his agent) knows that saying he will not resign drives down his transfer value and may cause Red Bull to say fuck it, we will sign him to a $500,000 per year contract and be able to sell him for double after next season.  While it may pose cap problems, signing him to a big salary multi year contract could make financial sense for both parties.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Because it's his job to convince him to stay

But if Miazga's position is something like "I want to play in the Premier League because it is a better, more challenging league than MLS," what response is there really? Should Ali say, "No Matt, you really aren't good enough yet, you need to stay here."  That essentially is the only argument against such a desire and would not be beneficial in convincing someone to stay because it implicitly questions their abilities and value.  

It is like if a girl told her boyfriend, "I want to dump you and go out with a handsomer and more successful man."  The current boyfriend would be an idiot to say "No, you should stay with me because you are too ugly to get  handsomer and more successful man."

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts

But if Miazga's position is something like "I want to play in the Premier League because it is a better, more challenging league than MLS," what response is there really? Should Ali say, "No Matt, you really aren't good enough yet, you need to stay here."  That essentially is the only argument against such a desire and would not be beneficial in convincing someone to stay because it implicitly questions their abilities and value.  

It is like if a girl told her boyfriend, "I want to dump you and go out with a handsomer and more successful man."  The current boyfriend would be an idiot to say "No, you should stay with me because you are too ugly to get  handsomer and more successful man."

You sign him and agree on a buyout clause.

The issue from reading the reports is $$ not whether or not he wants to play in europe. If he wanted to play in europe he wouldn't negotiate for a higher salary.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He (his agent) knows that saying he will not resign drives down his transfer value and may cause Red Bull to say fuck it, we will sign him to a $500,000 per year contract and be able to sell him for double after next season.  While it may pose cap problems, signing him to a big salary multi year contract could make financial sense for both parties.  

The entire point of the article is that this is exactly what they are trying to accomplish, and Miazga is saying no... He doesn't want an extension even if it comes with a raise, if the initial rumors are also correct it seems like he simply wants $500k with Red Bulls getting nothing in return.

The annoying part is that if he would agree to the deal, it wouldn't even cause cap problems because we've got all that newfangled TAM we could use to pay his salary down.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

The annoying part is that if he would agree to the deal, it wouldn't even cause cap problems because we've got all that newfangled TAM we could use to pay his salary down.

Assuming we don't try to sign a foreign player with that TAM

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Assuming we don't try to sign a foreign player with that TAM

With the recent increase in TAM, are we forced to only use it on one player? I feel like that was a stipulation from the first release. If Miazga's only looking for $500k, that's barely any TAM needed to pay him below DP so there'd still be a ton left for an international player.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

The entire point of the article is that this is exactly what they are trying to accomplish, and Miazga is saying no... He doesn't want an extension even if it comes with a raise, if the initial rumors are also correct it seems like he simply wants $500k with Red Bulls getting nothing in return.

I am saying there is a good chance his agent may be bluffing.  If Miazga had absolutely no interest in staying, his agent would have never even entered into discussions about a new contract.  The quickest way to force a transfer is to walk in  say "He wants to go and has no interest in a new contract regardless of the terms."  The fact that Miazga and his agent have not done this makes it more likely that Miazga's current representations are posturing and he may actually be open to a contract if it is for DP money.

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

I am saying there is a good chance his agent may be bluffing.  If Miazga had absolutely no interest in staying, his agent would have never even entered into discussions about a new contract.  The quickest way to force a transfer is to walk in  say "He wants to go and has no interest in a new contract regardless of the terms."  The fact that Miazga and his agent have not done this makes it more likely that Miazga's current representations are posturing and he may actually be open to a contract if it is for DP money.

Everyone has a price, the question is what is the right one for him?  Should he be the highest paid player on the team?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

it's certainly possible that Miazga wants Omar Gonzalez money, which is north of 1.2m. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
I think he wants to live the European dream. Best of luck to him, I hope he makes the big time.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
He's better off staying in MLS 2 years. I don't think he has played more than 40 games for us yet. He championship quality at best now, if he wants to take his game to the next level he needs to find a league where he will play week in week out. It makes zero sense for him to go to Europe to sit on the bench, he will only regress. I hope someone is advising him of this.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

I hope they can work a Yedlin deal.  Sell him to a club that will allow him to stay here on loan for the season.  So we get Miazga for a year AND the cash.

beerman

beerman

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

The league will sell him during the summer transfer window. He declines the contract to get out of MLS/Redbull faster. If they keep him for all of next season MLS/Redbull get nothing.

He is better off going because Redbull is not a stable environment. Massive turnover could happen at any moment regardless of the previous seasons success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users