906 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Clearly a lot to be done if this team wants to thrive and not just survive in MLS these days. We're at a high risk of losing a lot of the guys who have propped this team up over the last two years - Kaku, Long, Lawrence, BWP, Murillo, and Sims could very easily all be gone. 

Here's where I'd spend some money if I had the checkbook

Tier 1:
DP striker to replace BWP
DP holding midfielder that pushes Davis to the bench

Tier 2:
TAM CB to replace Long if he is sold
TAM winger if Sims does not return
New coach

Tier 3:
Starting fullback to replace Lawrence if/when he is sold, or just to compete with Duncan for a spot

agreed....

BWP may be done... And I'm a huge fan of his and imo he and TH14 have done the most for Metro...

That said... Metro need 3 DPs.. Hopefully we can get one more year of a 10+ goal BWP and maybe Royer can squeeze out one more year of this level and hopefully Kaku Cassares and Long and Taxi stay at this level or get better... But....

They're all at best a supporting cast... They have proven they aren't the clutch players that will win in big games...

Metro need to splash on a Metro 4.0 type DP... Yes I said 4.0 not a David Beckham DP MLS 2.0 not even a Carlos Vela or Miguel Almiron, Josef Martínez MLS 3.0 DP..

MLS needs to steal a page out of Chinese League and poach a big star.. They need to poach a in prime big name and finally join the ranks of what they have always preached about being the best...

They're many players in their prime eating bench not getting minutes, I'm not saying going after Griezmann. I'm asking a lot but I love watching this team. I want them to be as good as they can. So while I am asking a lot and may get flamed for saying that they should put up and take a giant leap I'm still trying to be as realistic as possible.

They're players still on the right side of 30 that if paid extremely well would come to any club be it in Asia or wherever so why not finally take that step and shell out.

Get 3 genuine DP. 2 1 at least younger than 30. But go after an actual big name that still is in their prime

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but why not say a 28 yo that players for a huge club, has shown decent form and can probably go to any other club in the world and compete for a starting job...

Why not go after a Lucas Vasquez or even a little bit older guy like Willian, or David Silva, or even Edison Cavani, Julian Brandt.. Or even a Donny van de Beek, Quincy Promes, Yarí
Verschaeren or Exequiel Palacios or Juan Fernando Quintero.. Or try to bring say a Timothy Weah back to the states or even the biggest of big US names at the moment Pulisic...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

agreed....

BWP may be done... And I'm a huge fan of his and imo he and TH14 have done the most for Metro...

That said... Metro need 3 DPs.. Hopefully we can get one more year of a 10+ goal BWP and maybe Royer can squeeze out one more year of this level and hopefully Kaku Cassares and Long and Taxi stay at this level or get better... But....

They're all at best a supporting cast... They have proven they aren't the clutch players that will win in big games...

Metro need to splash on a Metro 4.0 type DP... Yes I said 4.0 not a David Beckham DP MLS 2.0 not even a Carlos Vela or Miguel Almiron, Josef Martínez MLS 3.0 DP..

MLS needs to steal a page out of Chinese League and poach a big star.. They need to poach a in prime big name and finally join the ranks of what they have always preached about being the best...

They're many players in their prime eating bench not getting minutes, I'm not saying going after Griezmann. I'm asking a lot but I love watching this team. I want them to be as good as they can. So while I am asking a lot and may get flamed for saying that they should put up and take a giant leap I'm still trying to be as realistic as possible.

They're players still on the right side of 30 that if paid extremely well would come to any club be it in Asia or wherever so why not finally take that step and shell out.

Get 3 genuine DP. 2 1 at least younger than 30. But go after an actual big name that still is in their prime

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but why not say a 28 yo that players for a huge club, has shown decent form and can probably go to any other club in the world and compete for a starting job...

Why not go after a Lucas Vasquez or even a little bit older guy like Willian, or David Silva, or even Edison Cavani, Julian Brandt.. Or even a Donny van de Beek, Quincy Promes, Yarí
Verschaeren or Exequiel Palacios or Juan Fernando Quintero.. Or try to bring say a Timothy Weah back to the states or even the biggest of big US names at the moment Pulisic...

Agree we need 3 DPs
Your proposing a MLS 3.0 Govinco Vela strategy sign name 28 year olds which does not fit RB Global strategy. Remember they wont sign anyone over 26 (or was it 24?) that Long cited during the summer window and we have seen for a while.
MLS 4.0 is Almiron Pavon and Kaku
RB strategy is find undervalued assets develop utilize to success and sell.
They just have been NOT great at it in NY and willing to spend $$$ to more fully implement like ATL
Thats why Ralf is now focused on US Brazil
His job is not to change strategy but to Implement the already successful strategy in a different location / market

Do enjoy your posts as you have deep knowledge of the game and worldwide player pool
Cheers

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

agreed....

How about this lineup?

https://www.buildlin...38c092e24ae7204

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

How about this lineup?

3 at the back with no wingbacks?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
I thought this is a realistic thread about the off-season, not random player thread. Imagine giroud/silva being coached by Armas? You actually think that would resemble anything but a shitshow? We brought in like one DP last few years but now people expect us to sign 3 top level DPs during the European season?
This is Metro, not a random EPL team...

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I thought this is a realistic thread about the off-season, not random player thread. Imagine giroud/silva being coached by Armas? You actually think that would resemble anything but a shitshow? We brought in like one DP last few years but now people expect us to sign 3 top level DPs during the European season?
This is Metro, not a random EPL team...

Yeah I agree. There is no universe we live in where a Thierry Henry is walking through that door again. ZERO chance.

HOWEVER, I dont buy this bullshit of not signing anyone over 25 or whatever their made up number is. Its horse shit. You need talented experienced players to win championships. And there are PLENTY of those guys all over the world.

Anyway just off the top of my head Felipe, Keysher Fuller, and Bobby Wood all make this team better, dont break the bank and are under the age of 30.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

3 at the back with no wingbacks?

Thats fake news. Silva will play with Miami.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Thats fake news. Silva will play with Miami.

But where will Miami play?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

But where will Miami play?

Fort Lauderdale?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

How about this lineup?

How about Willian, Giroud, and David Silva are ages 31, 33, and 33.  It is completely against Red Bull Global philosophy.  You're possibly thinking that RB will adopt a 'Win MLS Cup at all costs' approach...they won't.  They didn't win it with Henry, Cahill, and Marquez.  Also, chances of Sims playing here next season are slim to none.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Im down for searching for a veteran CM within MLS if the price is right. Id love to have Someone like Dax back. If we had Alonso or Dax in CM this year things could have turned out different

maybe the next coach will convert Muyel to a RB?

5 year plan

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Agree we need 3 DPs
Your proposing a MLS 3.0 Govinco Vela strategy sign name 28 year olds which does not fit RB Global strategy. Remember they wont sign anyone over 26 (or was it 24?) that Long cited during the summer window and we have seen for a while.
MLS 4.0 is Almiron Pavon and Kaku
RB strategy is find undervalued assets develop utilize to success and sell.
They just have been NOT great at it in NY and willing to spend $$$ to more fully implement like ATL
Thats why Ralf is now focused on US Brazil
His job is not to change strategy but to Implement the already successful strategy in a different location / market

Do enjoy your posts as you have deep knowledge of the game and worldwide player pool
Cheers

Thanks...

You're right they like young under 26 type players now but maybe this time they can go for guys that have some titles or stand out seasons overseas

Like Juan Fernando Quintero, Exequiel Palacios and Gabigol...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Im down for searching for a veteran CM within MLS if the price is right. Id love to have Someone like Dax back. If we had Alonso or Dax in CM this year things could have turned out different

maybe the next coach will convert Muyel to a RB?

Muyl has all the tools to be an excellent RB. They only thing he doesnt have is reps. Quit fuckin around and throw him back there already.

If we use him as a starting outside back that gives us flexibility to look outside MLS for other positions of need. What with green cards etc.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Thanks...

You're right they like young under 26 type players now but maybe this time they can go for guys that have some titles or stand out seasons overseas

Like Juan Fernando Quintero, Exequiel Palacios and Gabigol...

first team looking for assistant scout - Milo? MIlo? MILO?

https://www.teamwork..._medium=twitter

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

DO IT MILO. Then get fired in 6 months for flipping a table when your recommendations are completely ignored for some 4th division player from Europe.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users