87 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Everyone, stop! You have to be more logical! Please!

Good idea, you can start any time now.

Honestly though, how does it make sense that so many foreign players are here playing, new players are being acquired and rumored but Sims is that one exception that really needed to go back.

Can we agree on something that is quite obvious at least: RB FO made a mistake, and MLS tourney just now exposed it.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

How would you possibly know that Sims would play bad. He is a professional under contract.

Not saying him, but it has happened before.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Good idea, you can start any time now.

Logic says you have absolutely 0 idea what you're talking about. None of us do. We weren't in the room when this decision was made. Maybe papa RB decided he wasn't worth keeping around. Maybe Sims begged and said I want to go home. Maybe RB and SH have another deal in the works. We have no idea.

But to sit on here and agonize day after day over players that aren't here anymore isn't logical. Move on and focus on the future, not your uneducated opinions of the past.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Not saying him, but it has happened before.

Well it sure didn't work out so well in tourney without him.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Well it sure didn't work out so well in playoffs without him.

A lot of us were there in Chester when he was injured.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Logic says you have absolutely 0 idea what you're talking about. None of us do. We weren't in the room when this decision was made. Maybe papa RB decided he wasn't worth keeping around. Maybe Sims begged and said I want to go home. Maybe RB and SH have another deal in the works. We have no idea.

But to sit on here and agonize day after day over players that aren't here anymore isn't logical. Move on and focus on the future, not your uneducated opinions of the past.

Well, since we are never in the room when ANY decisions are made, by your logic we cannot have an opinion. Given the weakness of your contribution I have just shown, you are not even qualified to call me uneducated.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

A lot of us were there in Chester when he was injured.

I know - that's why I am so bummed out we let him go. We were doing worse before him and worse after :)

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

you are not even qualified to call me uneducated.

Meme worthy.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Stop using the crisis as an excuse for bad moves. I understand this BS excuses from FO, you don't have buy this garbage here. Egbe, Pendant, Jensen all got here during pandemic. Yet Sims cannot stay because or "worse crisis". This is just illogical, as simple as that.

The truth is, the tournament clearly showed we missed this guy a lot, in particular speed, dribbling, quick decision making. We needed to score just one more goal to advance to the next round, it was very close. Bad mistake for letting him go, and I don't want to hear excuse how he needed to be with his family in UK, when we actually GOT more foreign players during pandemic, and they did not need to be with their families apparently.

ok spock

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Well, since we are never in the room when ANY decisions are made, by your logic we cannot have an opinion. Given the weakness of your contribution I have just shown, you are not even qualified to call me uneducated.

Opinions, sure that's the point. Sitting here and saying no one is using logic when giving several opinions that make perfectly fine sense, childish. 

By your "logic", we should obsess and obsess about past players, formulate opinions and trounce on anyone else's even when we have no more facts than anyone else about the situations involved. If that's your only contribution, it's an uneducated embarrassment.

Now, that said, I loved Sims here and it sucked bad to lose him. He's exactly the kind of player that makes sense or this team. A team of Sims-level players would be a force and makes sense for a team interested in buying low-selling high. Develop a guy like him for 3 years and sell him at a profit. But getting him on loan hurt. If there was a mistake made by RB in this, it was agreeing to a weird 6 month loan with option to extend. Should have just been a 1 year loan straight up. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Opinions, sure that's the point. Sitting here and saying no one is using logic when giving several opinions that make perfectly fine sense, childish. 

By your "logic", we should obsess and obsess about past players, formulate opinions and trounce on anyone else's even when we have no more facts than anyone else about the situations involved. If that's your only contribution, it's an uneducated embarrassment.

Now, that said, I loved Sims here and it sucked bad to lose him. He's exactly the kind of player that makes sense or this team. A team of Sims-level players would be a force and makes sense for a team interested in buying low-selling high. Develop a guy like him for 3 years and sell him at a profit. But getting him on loan hurt. If there was a mistake made by RB in this, it was agreeing to a weird 6 month loan with option to extend. Should have just been a 1 year loan straight up. 

That's fine, I just thought it was rather obvious, since so many foreign players are in Orlando, but that's fine if people disagree and think Sims' case is a unicorn and he is the only foreign guy who had to go back. It's like right now Atlanta coach was fired, but FO says it was "mutual decision", even though 2 days ago the coach said he can turn this team around. Sure, we were not there in the room, but it's easy enough to conclude he was fired since he grossly underachieved, not because of mutual decision. But yeah, some can argue that point too.

I do agree it should have been a straight up loan for 1 year, but we had an option, so if you like the guy, in theory it is better (like if he gets injured, you don;t need to pick up, etc).

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sims was on a loan and clearly his heart was set on going back to England. I don't see what we could've done to keep him here. 

The fact that we only extended his loan halfway through the year and that our only attacking addition was a half season loan is what should make us angry, not Sims wanting to go back home. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

That's fine, I just thought it was rather obvious, since so many foreign players are in Orlando, but that's fine if people disagree and think Sims' case is a unicorn and he is the only foreign guy who had to go back. It's like right now Atlanta coach was fired, but FO says it was "mutual decision", even though 2 days ago the coach said he can turn this team around. Sure, we were not there in the room, but it's easy enough to conclude he was fired since he grossly underachieved, not because of mutual decision. But yeah, some can argue that point too.

I do agree it should have been a straight up loan for 1 year, but we had an option, so if you like the guy, in theory it is better (like if he gets injured, you don;t need to pick up, etc).

By your logic the conversation could have gone something like this:
Sims: Dennis, my loan is coming to an end, we havent played in four months, my girlfriend and family are all home in England, and I have been cooped up in an apartment here in New Jersey. I appreciate the opportunity from the club but when my loan ends I would really like to return to England.
Dennis: Do you realize you are the only foreigner player in MLS who is expressing a desire to return home? They have all been quarantined too, all across the country, and none among them doesnt want to travel to Orlando to be imprisoned with their teammates for three weeks and come off the bench for 20 minutes of action.
Sims: When you put it that way, please do everything in your power to extend the loan or purchase my contract.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

By your logic the conversation could have gone something like this:
Sims: Dennis, my loan is coming to an end, we havent played in four months, my girlfriend and family are all home in England, and I have been cooped up in an apartment here in New Jersey. I appreciate the opportunity from the club but when my loan ends I would really like to return to England.
Dennis: Do you realize you are the only foreigner player in MLS who is expressing a desire to return home? They have all been quarantined too, all across the country, and none among them doesnt want to travel to Orlando to be imprisoned with their teammates for three weeks and come off the bench for 20 minutes of action.
Sims: When you put it that way, please do everything in your power to extend the loan or purchase my contract.

I am trying to bring a bit of common sense here so we as fan don't swallow FO excuses like a prostitute semen of her client. I question when WE have an option to extend a loan and don't, while giving a pathetic excuse of pandemic when we and every other team are playing foreign players. If you want to believe that line, that's fine. Btw, have you heard that De Boer mutually agreed to leave team and wasn't actually dumped like a sack of shit?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I am trying to bring a bit of common sense here so we as fan don't swallow FO excuses like a prostitute semen of her client. I question when WE have an option to extend a loan and don't, while giving a pathetic excuse of pandemic when we and every other team are playing foreign players. If you want to believe that line, that's fine. Btw, have you heard that De Boer mutually agreed to leave team and wasn't actually dumped like a sack of shit?

You're asking why the FO wouldn't deny a 23-year-old his request to go to his home continent during a global pandemic in favor of him kicking balls around on grass. Not sure what you're bringing to the table here is "common sense."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users