173 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Quote won't work but to iced1776, there was a Norwegian dude with the same name on Norwich a couple years ago. Not the same dude, obviously.

Spelled with a y instead of an h, but I had the same confusion earlier today.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Been a while since we tasted the synergy off the Salzburg/Leipzig scrap heap. Here's hoping he's not completely useless. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Thelwell really earning his paycheck, digging deep into his global connections to find this one

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Hey at this point... It'll be great to finally use the RB system to add players... I'm hoping he does come over and does very well
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

He looks alright. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

7 goals in the Austrian league as a part-time starter. I've seen an Austrian league game (not Salzburg) in person. It wasn't exactly better than MLS.

But, whatever, why not. Change of scenery, etc. Can't be worse than Barlow?

Salzburg and LASK are legitimate teams. The rest of the pack are MLS quality or worse. I'm not promising that he's the difference maker we need up front but he's a no-doubt MLS quality player. Better quality than Barlow for sure. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Salzburg and LASK are legitimate teams. The rest of the pack are MLS quality or worse. I'm not promising that he's the difference maker we need up front but he's a no-doubt MLS quality player. Better quality than Barlow for sure. 

Yeah, LASK has beaten Salzburg (away), AZ (aggregate), Sporting Lisbon (home), Rosenborg (home & away), PSV (home), and Basel (aggregate) this season. They've been awful since the restart, but they were challenging for the Austrian title before that.

If he had been a rotational player at like...Swarovski Tirol, I'd be less optimistic.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Main position is CF, but played entirely as a LW/RW for LASK this past season.

Would assume RBNY see him as a CF considering thats the big position of need, although with the departure of Sims wing depth has taken a hit. Either way there is versatility there

More than likely wasnt Thelwells first choice but not opposed to bringing in someone who knows the general Red Bull set up and style.

Is nice to see someone capable of making multiple signings in charge, even if opinions vary on the quality. Getting some business done early in the transfer window is always a plus, and we havent seen that for a while.

2 senior roster spots available, but out of international spots now.

I'll take it but would have wanted more.

CF and LW can use help for sure now and next year when Royer likely moves along. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The point made by MF on the other thread, not long ago these two signings, especially so close together, would have been cause for serious celebration.    And if our defense hadn't suddenly disintegrated from arguably the best back 4 in MLS to the shit it is now, I'd probably be pretty hopeful.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Synergetic Salzburg Signing! More guys through the door por favor.

Would be dope if they next brought in a stud defender. Then b/w Tarek and Parker can see who really wants to stay - and trade the other for, say, a veteran MLS attacker who's had playoff success. Parker with his big salary def looks the man to go if so.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

The point made by MF on the other thread, not long ago these two signings, especially so close together, would have been cause for serious celebration.    And if our defense hadn't suddenly disintegrated from arguably the best back 4 in MLS to the shit it is now, I'd probably be pretty hopeful.

My excitement is tempered by just how poor I believe Armas to be as well as my consternation over the spending habits of a few other teams in the league.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
No expectations for the remainder of 2020 so lets get these guys and see if they improve the team. Hopefully these are Thelwells first steps with more to come over the next 6-9 months.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

out of international spots now.

Do we have any internationals we could part ways with if need be?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Do we have any internationals we could part ways with if need be?

If Jorgensen and Egbo never play, what's the point?

Seriously, they should have gotten Royer a green card two years ago.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
cant imagine RZA will be here next year. Age, another player in CM in Yearwood, and salary relative to his playing time.

Egbo, I have no idea. Realize difficult circumstances getting any playing time especially when there havent been many matches, but he preceded Thelwell, so who knows.

If they try to loan Jorgensen to the 2 team for the season next year he might just ask to be released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users