165 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Thelwell and Struber have no connection to these guys.

True. Except for Tetteh, Egbo, Pendant, Yearwood...who am I forgetting? Other than them I expect the off-season to be a bloodbath.

Which of those guys do you think they will cut?

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

True. Except for Tetteh, Egbo, Pendant, Yearwood...who am I forgetting? Other than them I expect the off-season to be a bloodbath.

Those are all Thelwell guys. Only one who may not come back is Tetteh because hes on loan. Theyre paying 2 million for a new coach, theyre gonna let him bring in the guys he wants

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Davis, Rza, White, Barlow, Stroud, Tarek, Meara, Lema, Seagrist, Tolkin, Nealis. Maybe CCJ and Fernandez.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Davis, Rza, White, Barlow, Stroud, Tarek, Meara, Lema, Seagrist, Tolkin, Nealis. Maybe CCJ and Fernandez.

You think Thelwell is going to reach out to his network and import that many guys, or find better players available for those roles/salries from inside MLS?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

All the guys bolded there I could see sticking around the first team but as pure depth options.

CCJ is sticking around until we get a transfer fee, no way we're just cutting him.

Rza is the the only no brainer to cut for me, I like the guy but he makes too much not to be a lock starter.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

You think Thelwell is going to reach out to his network and import that many guys, or find better players available for those roles/salries from inside MLS?

Certainly not, that is so much volume, which I'm sure is to what you're alluding. Replacing/upgrading adequately even half of those guys would be a very aggressive off-season, which I'd be quite happy with.  

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
There is turnover every off-season.
MF all-time roster has 360 names.
Tolkin is 359: http://metrofanatic....ayer.jsp?ID=359

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

There is turnover every off-season.
MF all-time roster has 360 names. Yearwood = 356: http://metrofanatic....ayer.jsp?ID=356
Tetteh is 357: http://metrofanatic....ayer.jsp?ID=357

And thats just the 357 guys that made it onto the field for the first team.

Many guys like Ramon Bailey, Chris Corcoran, Kevin Hartman, Kendall McIntosh, Evan Louro, Chris Lema, John Tolkin in our history that were rostered and made the bench on occasion as well.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

guys like Ramon Bailey, Chris Corcoran, Kevin Hartman, Kendall McIntosh, Evan Louro, Chris Lema, John Tolkin in our history that were rostered and made the bench on occasion as well.

Some of those you mentioned are in the 360:
McIntosh, Lena, Tolkin
I do not know the criteria for MF to add someone.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

there is always a lot of turnover among the reserve squad portion of the roster (21-30) but expecting more than 5 senior signings is extremely optimistic.  I dont see more than that happening unless someone bids for Kaku.  

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

McIntosh, Lena, Tolkin

If a player is on the current first team roster, he is added. If he leaves without playing a competitive game, he is deleted.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

McIntosh, Lena, Tolkin

They are still rostered (but slide down the order until they play, hence 357 actual, 358-360 are Lema, Tolkin, and McIntosh. 358 will be the next player to play so if Tolkin plays before Lema, he will get that number. If another player comes in and plays before they do, their number will slide down). If they are waived or traded before playing, they lose their number assignment. Dan, feel free to correct me if I am off here, but your number matches my all-time roster as well.

345 played in MLS matches.
1 played in the 01 Merconorte (Dixon)
10 played in just USOC (G.Kljestan, Gilkerson, Roth, Garcia, Paulo, Lassiter, Hot, Maduro, and Jean-Baptiste)
1 played in just playoffs (Digao)
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Alot of the guys developed in the rbny system will probably stay. They are cheap and the system will be the same.

Guys who may be out are rza, kaku, royer, parker tarik and long

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

They are still rostered (but slide down the order until they play, hence 357 actual, 358-360 are Lema, Tolkin, and McIntosh. 358 will be the next player to play so if Tolkin plays before Lema, he will get that number. If another player comes in and plays before they do, their number will slide down). If they are waived or traded before playing, they lose their number assignment. Dan, feel free to correct me if I am off here, but your number matches my all-time roster as well.

345 played in MLS matches.
1 played in the 01 Merconorte (Dixon)
10 played in just USOC (G.Kljestan, Gilkerson, Roth, Garcia, Paulo, Lassiter, Hot, Maduro, and Jean-Baptiste)
1 played in just playoffs (Digao)

100% correct.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

If a player is on the current first team roster, he is added. If he leaves without playing a competitive game, he is deleted.

Is there a separate list of those who made the roster,
but never played?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users