165 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

I'm just saying it's not obvious or a no brainer that Kaku leaves.  Kaku excelled under Marsch, and I would guess Struber will play a similar style.  So it wouldn't surprise me if Kaku can get back to or at least closer to his 2018 level.

If RB is going to lose $2-3million on Kaku, why not just keep and play him?  Struber just left a club because he didn't have enough attacking options.  I think Kaku only goes if they have his replacement lined up.  Like when we traded Sacha to make room Kaku.  I guess if Clark is capable of stepping into Kaku's role, since he'll hopefully be on the roster, moving Kaku at loss would easier.

Also if Kaku goes, does RBNY spend $$ to bring in a player who would be transitional to handing the job to Clark? Hes looked great at the USL level but thats a big ask and risk to take without a slightly more experienced option.

Depends on where Struber sees Clark fitting into his system as well

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Also if Kaku goes, does RBNY spend $$ to bring in a player who would be transitional to handing the job to Clark? Hes looked great at the USL level but thats a big ask and risk to take without a slightly more experienced option.

use that money to sign another forward.  Without Kaku we dont have to be married to playing with a 10.  if clark is good enough he plays there otherwise just play without a 10.  i dont want a stopgap signing there at all.  Usually when teams try to sign stopgaps they just get players that arent good enough.   

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I've got all the hope in the world for Clark, but please for the love of god we need to stop replacing our most talented players with USL prospects. If Kaku leaves, go buy a legit #10 and let Clark play behind him for a year or two before taking the reigns.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I've got all the hope in the world for Clark, but please for the love of god we need to stop replacing our most talented players with USL prospects. If Kaku leaves, go buy a legit #10 and let Clark play behind him for a year or two before taking the reigns.

see thats why you exercise Kaku option for 2021 if needed and then bring Clark along (he is a bit better than a USL prospect).  If this means Royer might go and Kaku plays a bit wider then so be it.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So, just for fun, for a 442 diamond next year - assuming Royer, Kaku, and Long (who would be starters) are sold.

I assume all DPs will be like 1-2 million type guys.

---------DP---------------U22DP1------

--------------Caden Clark---------------

----------Yearwood--U22DP3---------

----------------Casseres-----------------

-Duncan--U22DP2--Parker--Egbo-

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

no way that's a coincidence.

Well, Leifring is a feeder team for Salzburg - same crest basically even - so it might not be coincidence, but could just be two guys related to Red Bull Salzburg, and not necessarily that Tetteh has a secure job for next year because Struber picked him. 

Or he could be Struber's special dude. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

So, just for fun, for a 442 diamond next year - assuming Royer, Kaku, and Long (who would be starters) are sold.

I assume all DPs will be like 1-2 million type guys.

---------DP---------------U22DP1------

--------------Caden Clark---------------

----------Yearwood--U22DP3---------

----------------Casseres-----------------

-Duncan--U22DP2--Parker--Egbo-

Skeptical of a right footed Duncan playing LB, Yearwood at the base of the diamond or on the right. Would imagine they are going to have to sign a left footed CM to play where you have Yearwood lined up or one of the CM positions

Could have sworn I read somewhere that Struber likes left footed players in his teams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we possibly might run out both the 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 next season.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Going to need to sign a few more defenders and midfielders to make either formation work.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Going to need to sign a few more defenders and midfielders to make either formation work.

And a bunch more forwards!

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

There was an "average position" map of Struber's diamond 4-4-2 on Twitter yesterday that put the LB on a total island, made me wish we still had Taxi

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

There was an "average position" map of Struber's diamond 4-4-2 on Twitter yesterday that put the LB on a total island, made me wish we still had Taxi

Maybe Jesse can give him a call - put in a good word for Struber. Is Lawrence a starter over there? 

Side note, I don't hate Armas as a person, but it's crazy how many players regressed under him. I mean any one guy is a fluke, but it seems like every player, young and old, got worse. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Maybe Jesse can give him a call - put in a good word for Struber. Is Lawrence a starter over there? 

Side note, I don't hate Armas as a person, but it's crazy how many players regressed under him. I mean any one guy is a fluke, but it seems like every player, young and old, got worse. 

He made the bench at Anderlecht for the first time this past weekend. Lots of off the field issues with Taxi. He nearly retired a few months ago. Requested a transfer to get closer to home, Kompany gave him leave of absence.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Given that Struber's used both 2CB and 3 CB formations, he might do the same here. Got to have a roster deep enough to accomodate both formations. No more sliding outside backs centrally, not a fan. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

off the field issues with Taxi. He nearly retired a few months ago. Requested a transfer to get closer to home.

Really? After saying he wanted to play in England?
I doubt that any Jamaica club could pay a transfer fee.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users