54 replies to this topic

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
We just got them back and now theyre leaving again?

https://win.gs/34Gxa08

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Playoffs begin 11/20 and end 12/08. If 14-day quarantine applies, he can play in December, so maybe the last two games? Which we are of course guaranteed to not make without them.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Oh come the fuck on.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Playoffs being 11/20 and end 12/08. If 14-day quarantine applies, he can play in December, so maybe the last two games? Which we are of course guaranteed to not make without them.

We are going to win MLS Cup this year because Metro.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We are going to win MLS Cup this year because Metro.

We will reach the MLS Cup final.
It will be cancelled due to multiple + COVIDs.
The Cup will be awarded to the West winner on PPG. TSM

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Playoffs begin 11/20 and end 12/08. If 14-day quarantine applies, he can play in December, so maybe the last two games? Which we are of course guaranteed to not make without them.

CCJ played on 10/13 for Venezuela, and also played on 10/24 for Metro. So, looks like quarantine is 10 days. I also stumbled onto this article, which seems spot on: https://www.sbnation...-is-best-option

If 20th is the play-ins, an we can avoid these, perhaps there is a chance they can be back for the next game.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
"FIFA did soften its stance somewhat, ruling that players who are required to quarantine by their local government for at least five days can be withheld from international duty without punishment. But since the United States has only issued a recommendation and not a mandate, most players were unaffected."

*facepalm*

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
Umm come on
They should pass especially Kaku
Wouldve hoped someone couldve talked and had unofficial agreement he come for October but pass on nov
Instead its worse he went didnt play and now this

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Very difficult to not let a player go for an international call up, even if it's to ride the bench.  MLS needs to take some blame here for not scheduling around FIFA dates.  I know the scheduling was hard with trying to squeeze so many matches in a condensed timeframe, but they could have ended the season two matches shorter and then took a break during the FIFA window.  Hopefully Kaku won't want to go, but if he does, I think you have to let him go.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

CCJ played on 10/13 for Venezuela, and also played on 10/24 for Metro. So, looks like quarantine is 10 days.

Correct, MLS allows players to start training with their team on day 9.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

Very difficult to not let a player go for an international call up, even if it's to ride the bench.  MLS needs to take some blame here for not scheduling around FIFA dates.  I know the scheduling was hard with trying to squeeze so many matches in a condensed timeframe, but they could have ended the season two matches shorter and then took a break during the FIFA window.  Hopefully Kaku won't want to go, but if he does, I think you have to let him go.

Completely agree with the scheduling comment, but letting or not letting Kaku go is not even a choice. Even quarantine issues aside and even if Kaku is fine with staying, Paraguay always has the right to call him up.

For official FIFA dates, "Under its laws, FIFA can bar a player from playing club soccer for five days after the end of the international release window if a legitimate request is ignored. It also can open disciplinary procedures against the player's club, which would typically result in a fine."

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Man I hope Kaku plays.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Maybe he should fake an injury like Nagbe did back in the 2018 playoffs.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

"FIFA did soften its stance somewhat, ruling that players who are required to quarantine by their local government for at least five days can be withheld from international duty without punishment. But since the United States has only issued a recommendation and not a mandate, most players were unaffected."

*facepalm*

Wouldn't "local government" be New Jersey?

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

Wouldn't "local government" be New Jersey?

No

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users