54 replies to this topic

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Kaku not on the bench for Paraguay as they kicked off tonight. Did he decline the call up and stay with RedBulls?

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Kaku not on the bench for Paraguay as they kicked off tonight. Did he decline the call up and stay with RedBulls?

he went down there but if he is not in the squad for the next game it will be very annoying how many games he missed to not get a single minute.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

he went down there but if he is not in the squad for the next game it will be very annoying how many games he missed to not get a single minute.

There's a Romero quota on the Paraguay NT.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I'm not going to lie I wish they would have chosen to stay.. At least Kaku.. I saw him on IG he's definitely down there.. I doubt he gets any playing time..but I mean it's hard to not go if you get selected I think anyone wouldn't pass up the opportunity.. It just sucks as a Metro supporter cuz now he'll be out vs CBus
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

While Kaku certainly provides creativity like no one else on the team, this season the team has a better record when he doesn't start or doesn't play than they do when he starts. 

Kaku Starts: 4W - 7L - 2T

Kaku Sub:  2W - 1L - 0T

No Kaku: 3W - 1L - 3T

This also appears to have been true in 2019, although he started a lot more last season.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Casseres started and played the full 90 vs Brasil. At least he is getting playing opportunities.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

In yesterday's game, Kaku did not make the bench. The game was vs Argentina. (ended 1-1). There is the possibility that the coach kept Kaku off the bench because Kaku comes from Argentina and used some b/s to become eligible for Paraguay. As a result, he might have been a personal target for some unhappy Argentina players and they could have provoked him. (not too difficult to do). I have no way of knowing for sure, but it does seem to be a possibility.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

In yesterday's game, Kaku did not make the bench. The game was vs Argentina. (ended 1-1). There is the possibility that the coach kept Kaku off the bench because Kaku comes from Argentina and used some b/s to become eligible for Paraguay. As a result, he might have been a personal target for some unhappy Argentina players and they could have provoked him. (not too difficult to do). I have no way of knowing for sure, but it does seem to be a possibility.

Seems like a serious stretch that anyone on Argentina's team would care about that... Kaku didn't play in the previous 2 games either, there's a simple and obvious explanation why he didn't play last night.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

There's a Romero quota on the Paraguay NT.

The Romero twins at San Lorenzo. They are pretty good.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Paraguay is pretty stacked.. The Romero twins will definitely keep him from seeing minutes and Almiron too which had a great start to the match

Then they Morel, Sanabria..Matias Rojas which in the Random Player thread I've said that I love if Metro can get him.. Similar to Almiron and Kaku playing style leaning more towards Almiron with with speed and will to dribble forward

Paraguay has a deep side..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

because Kaku comes from Argentina and used some b/s to become eligible for Paraguay.

Werent his parents from Paraguay?

As a result, he might have been a personal target for some unhappy Argentina players and they could have provoked him.

Was Kaku ever on the Argentinian Mens National Team radar. I doubt anyone would know or care enough about him to provoke him.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Looks like Tuesday's game (11/17) Paraguay v Bolivia is available on FoxDeportes and FoxSports.com. Game starts 6pm our time

https://www.livesocc...uay-vs-bolivia/

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Kaku was on the Argentinian U20 roster in 2015, Miazga was on the US squad. So at the very least, Kaku got PT in the CONMEBOL U20 qualifying tournament.

https://en.wikipedia...uads#_Argentina

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

AFAIK, he himself, his parents, his other family members and his friends live in Argentina. So imagine the reaction if he came on as a sub and did a "Tyler Adams CL semi-final" in the WCQ? I could see the coach not even wanting him on the bench vs Argentina considering the above and the fact he was on an Argentina U-xx team.

We will see if the coach puts him into the Bolivia game. That will be a fair indication if he has any future with this coach. Bolivia is in last place with 3 losses, and they are not playing at high-altitude.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Kaku doesnt play because he isnt starter level in Paraguay a squad its pretty simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users