• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Kaku will be out, but he was out last game too. Does anyone know why, just coach's decision?

play the people who are around to play in the next 1-2 games.  Put in defenders to defend the lead.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Meara made some great saves to keep us from conceding an equalizer, as against NYCFC, or worse.
Our D has a habit of getting overrun, sometimes early and sometimes late in games.
Seeing out the TFC game could be seen as character building, or just luck.
I would love to see us get an early goal, or two.
I would hate to see us cough up a 2-goal lead,
but it would not be the first time.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Saturday, November 21, 3:00 PM
https://mobile.twitt...2918085632?s=10
https://www.newyorkr...cup-playoffs/?2

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Woo-hoo! MSG, don't need to listen to Univision.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I wish all the playoffs game were on network TV... It's the playoffs... The TUDN is just not that good.. If they were tighter on the play by play like on Fox Deportes or TyC Sports they'd make a boring game interesting..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out
Thank god we dont have to watch on TUDN. I hate their English broadcast.

Is Kaku a lock to make the Paraguay squad? I feel like he never plays with them...any chance they dont call him up?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Is Kaku a lock to make the Paraguay squad? I feel like he never plays with them...any chance they dont call him up?

He was already called up. Cant imagine hes long for this team anyway, unless Struber is adamant hes kept around. Rather sell at a loss than let him go for free.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I still don't understand why anyone listens to those broadcasts in English. Like, I don't know a word of Spanish beyond the absolute basics, and I never ever watch those broadcasts in anything other than Spanish. They're fucking terrible in English. You could mic me up in my living room after 6 beers and I would do a better job.

If I ever hear Ramses Sandoval refer to the field as "the green rectangle" again, I'd consider casting myself off a bridge.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I still don't understand why anyone listens to those broadcasts in English. Like, I don't know a word of Spanish beyond the absolute basics, and I never ever watch those broadcasts in anything other than Spanish. They're fucking terrible in English. You could mic me up in my living room after 6 beers and I would do a better job.

If I ever hear Ramses Sandoval refer to the field as "the green rectangle" again, I'd consider casting myself off a bridge.

lol for real...if its not a Red Bulls game I'll usually just listen in Spanish too. It's just awful.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I wish there were more updates and video from training.. I'd love to hear from the players leading up to this game...

While I'll always lean towards single table instead of almost all the league making the playoffs...

The playoffs gives everyone the same chance... Just win.. Get a 4 game winning streak and you're Champs.. It's really not impossible... Just have to prepare extremely well and play the best you possibly can and just be more intense and quicker mentally at reading than the game opponent...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

They'd never do it b/c playoff TV money, but I think a version of the olllld MLB format would be exciting, at least for the teams in contention by the end:

- pendant/shield race in each half of the league

- top two teams of each half meet for a 2 game series to decide who goes to the finals

Would raise the significance of regular season games and highlight the Open Cup for knockout game excitement.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Per fivethirtyeight.com, we've got a 5% chance of making MLS Cup and a 2% chance of winning it.

Philly has a 24% chance of winning the Cup and a 100% chance of deciding the election  :P

https://projects.fiv...redictions/mls/

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

They'd never do it b/c playoff TV money, but I think a version of the olllld MLB format would be exciting, at least for the teams in contention by the end:

- pendant/shield race in each half of the league

- top two teams of each half meet for a 2 game series to decide who goes to the finals

Would raise the significance of regular season games and highlight the Open Cup for knockout game excitement.

It's not just TV money. Season over by August for all but 4 or 5 teams. If you're a fan of one of them, sure, it would be exciting. Everybody else tunes out and attendance plummets (admittedly not an issue at the moment).

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Per fivethirtyeight.com, we've got a 5% chance of making MLS Cup and a 2% chance of winning it.

Philly has a 24% chance of winning the Cup and a 100% chance of deciding the election  :P

https://projects.fiv...redictions/mls/

Speaking of MLS Cup, if we somehow do get there, it would have to be at Kansas City or Dallas if we wanted to attend. The rest of the West doesn't appear to be having any fans.

I'm not sure what the mls cup final will be based on but if its points we would only host San Jose and Colorado. If its points per game it would only be San Jose. If it's seed number it would be LAFC and San Jose.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
You're right you're right. Can't we just make a losers tourney for them or something?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users