• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

We all hope for the best but always entertaining to propose Thats so Metro endings after a fever chills night sweats from MPPF!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Struber tinkers with sitting back in a diamond midfield which gets us into late playoff round v Nashville but provides space on the wing for a Myul assist to Dax header that knocks us out of playoffs.  

how will this season end poorly?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Etienne hat trick.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

BWP with backheel goal in ET at MLS Cup.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

BWP with backheel goal in ET at MLS Cup.

at least we get to the final................?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Let me set the stage. Stoppage time of a 1-1 game. Our goal was scored by a non-forward (obviously):
Cangi: "Stroud whips a ball into the box for the 20th time in the match. Finally someone is on the receiving end! Its Tom Barlow! He has time...he dribbles past the keeper!! He hits the post. Oh no! All alone on an empty net and hits the post... now there is a break the other way, its Derrick Etienne Jr.! He's scorched Pendant and is alone on goal. Meara is coming out..wait, Meara looks to have injured his hamstring! Etienne scores!"

Shep: "You gotta be kiddin me! I'll tell ya...if your Red Bulls, you have to be wondering why you got rid of this kid."
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Carnell with an in game red card so Gerhard comes down from the stands to help manage the team.  we still lose

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Let me set the stage. Stoppage time of a 1-1 game. Our goal was scored by a non-forward (obviously):
Cangi: "Stroud whips a ball into the box for the 20th time in the match. Finally someone is on the receiving end! Its Tom Barlow! He has time...he dribbles past the keeper!! He hits the post. Oh no! All alone on an empty net and hits the post... now there is a break the other way, its Derrick Etienne Jr.! He's scorched Pendant and is alone on goal. Meara is coming out..wait, Meara looks to have injured his hamstring! Etienne scores!"

Shep: "You gotta be kiddin me! I'll tell ya...if your Red Bulls, you have to be wondering why you got rid of this kid."

This is so spot on it hurt my feelings

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Oh baby - high degree of difficulty 

this had me laughing because it rings sadly true....

We could not see the whole play because of poor camera angles as we returned to Orlando to finish out the season in a new bubble.  

With better camera angles on the replay we see that the Red Bulls tried to high press Nagbe to get the ball back but he evades the press in his own 6 yard box, gets it to Cbus DP Zelayarin who distributed it to another DP in Pedro Santos and over to their last DP Giasi Zardes who hits the most amazing pass to DE7 that allows him to scorch Pendant 

after rounding the injured Meara somehow DE7 pops it up to himself to recreate Wolyniecs side volley from the 2008 MLS Cup final to score.  DE7 celebrates with the thriller goal celebration

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Ideal world: we put on quite the run, play out of our minds, and win our first ever cup. Of course the memes will continue since it's a covid season, so no one around the league will still take us seriously

Real world: we fight a 0-0 game through 89'. Barlow blows 2 sitters. Then in the 90th, there is a handball in the box (unintentional, but VAR is VAR) and we lose 1-0

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Shades of 2015. Columbus scores in the 1st minute to take the wind out of our sails right from the jump. Then adds one more real late (85th or later) to officially put us out of our misery. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I would for sure just take a 3-0 drubbing than us blowing ankther lead or even extra time and losing after Barlow and white miss 15 chances each.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I would for sure just take a 3-0 drubbing than us blowing another lead or even extra time and losing.

A straight butt-kicking is not the Metro way!
Agonizing, heart-breaking, soul crushing.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Go up 1-0 early.  Give up 2 late.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
The real TSM is to make the finals and then have the season cancelled

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
Etienne wins it with a goal from an acute angle. High degree of difficulty! You gotta be kiddin me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users