RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Exactly.

They should go into the off season pretending Clark doesnt exist...because pretty soon he wont.

Sorry for beating dead horse. But NYRB has been signing bums from lower level Europe leagues over the past 3-4 years. So if that does not change, we will be pinning our hopes on an 18 yr old who will leave in July.

Hoping players like pendant, Sims, yearwood, tetteh, Jorgensen, will develop into high end MLS talent is fruitless.
We are in a vicious circle now, due to more than horrible coaching from Armas. We need to see a change this off-season or else its a failure. Thats how its has to be judged.

Either they pay for class talent or they get the class kids to commit for multiple years. I have not heard thellwell talk either to this point.

Dont sign 3 guys this off-season like egbo then handout Caden Clark posters opening day.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sorry for beating dead horse. But NYRB has been signing bums from lower level Europe leagues over the past 3-4 years.

They should not do that.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Signing bums is a bad idea but there are good players there if they scout right.  I dont care where a player comes as long as they are good.   That said when we get people from lower leagues we need to focus on those that have produced in those leagues, not reserve team players (i.e. Jorgenson)

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
Thellwells tone will be important.

Saying they bought in a guy because he is young or to contribute or fight for minutes is a bum indicator.

Bringing in players to fight for minutes with players we dont think should be starting is pointless.

I want to hear we are bringing in this guy to score goals. We think this player is a great creator. According to our scouting he is an off the charts defender. His speed is world class.

Hard tangibles for how they will impact the team.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Thellwells tone will be important.

Saying they bought in a guy because he is young or to contribute or fight for minutes is a bum indicator.

Bringing in players to fight for minutes with players we dont think should be starting is pointless.

I want to hear we are bringing in this guy to score goals. We think this player is a great creator. According to our scouting he is an off the charts defender. His speed is world class.

Hard tangibles for how they will impact the team.

How about something like:  "“As a striker, NewGuy gives us another dynamic option up the field with his speed, clever movements, and willingness to run behind defenses..."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
NewGuy will knock your socks off!

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

How about something like:  "“As a striker, NewGuy gives us another dynamic option up the field with his speed, clever movements, and willingness to run behind defenses..."

Would need more details.  If NewGuy is from Serie B and played 300 minutes last year thats trending towards a bum thats going to fight for minutes.

If you add 'NewGuy also is a clinical finisher', you got me sold.  If thats missing, at least let him be from a top tier Euro/South American league.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
We have had our eye on NewGuy for awhile and believe he is ready to step in and play meaningful minutes on our quest for MLS cup

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
This is the quote from the Matti Ice announcement

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I'd rather have 3 32 year Olds or 28 year old injury history that are big names than 22 year olds that weren't even stand outs at a lower European league
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
If your signing a under 23 year old player they are most likely comming from a lower level league unless they are a dp or tam player.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

If your signing a under 23 year old player they are most likely comming from a lower level league unless they are a dp or tam player.

In the presser that's what it sounds like.. Sounds like they want to go get 11 23 year olds that play in Finland , Norway, Belgium, Romania and second divisions in France and Spain and 3rd division in England
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

In the presser that's what it sounds like.. Sounds like they want to go get 11 23 year olds that play in Finland , Norway, Belgium, Romania and second divisions in France and Spain and 3rd division in England

One very disturbing thing about that mindset everyone seems to be missing: it means that the new regime considers the level of play in MLS to be complete garbage and all they need to do is bring in guys from the dregs of European soccer and they'll walk in and wipe the floor with everyone. If you don't spend for actual legit players in today's MLS you will never be anything but a bottom feeder who only exists to make up the numbers.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
There is talent to be had in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and the prices for players are cheaper. Germany, England, Spain, and France have solid 2nd divisions full of talented players, Jason Pendant does not fit into that category, however.

Haaland came out of Molde in Norway, of course he scored 12 goals in a first division before he moved to Salzburg. Meanwhile Jørgensen barely played in the Danish 1st division and was bought for $2 million dollars. RBNY probably could have bought one of the young top scorers of the Eliteserien or Danish Superliga for less than what they spent on a project in Jørgensen.

If they are going to buy young and cheap they have to target players that have a bit of a track record of success somewhere other than a youth division. MLS rules dont allow for the risk taking that Salzburg does.

The one new factor is that Struber likes experience in his squad so maybe RBNY with Rangnick out of the picture will be given the flexibility to sign some more experienced players. Id personally love an older defensive midfielder and striker paired with Long/Parker and have a super solid spine to build off of.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

One very disturbing thing about that mindset everyone seems to be missing: it means that the new regime considers the level of play in MLS to be complete garbage and all they need to do is bring in guys from the dregs of European soccer and they'll walk in and wipe the floor with everyone. If you don't spend for actual legit players in today's MLS you will never be anything but a bottom feeder who only exists to make up the numbers.

Bingo. Dont let the accent fool you. If a player cant perform in a lower level league over there they are not coming here and tearing it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users