64 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

C'mon guys we can be happy for the dude without turning this into a mopey 'that's so metro' moment. Crew have been a better team than us all year, Etienne chose a fantastic time to notch his second goal of the season.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

C'mon guys we can be happy for the dude without turning this into a mopey 'that's so metro' moment. Crew have been a better team than us all year, Etienne chose a fantastic time to notch his second goal of the season.

Not me, don't give a shit about being happy for him nor Columbus who have ruined our chances for an MLS Cup numerous times, including the 08 final. Fuck them, hoping for a massive collapse and a Seattle come back in the second half.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers
Etienne will be the first Red Bull academy product to win MLS Cup?

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Also to be fair if Santos wasnt out for Covid, Etienne wouldnt have started. So lets not act like the guy left and became a sure fire starter for an MLS Cup finalist.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Not me, don't give a shit about being happy for him nor Columbus who have ruined our chances for an MLS Cup numerous times, including the 08 final. Fuck them, hoping for a massive collapse and a Seattle come back in the second half.

I would 100% rather a local NJ born player who scored in our Shield win get the title rather than the always annoying posers of Seattle.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Etienne will be the first Red Bull academy product to win MLS Cup?

The Academy has been a pretty big success and I'm fine with the direction of things there, but the team investing so much in the Academy only for the first guy to win it at a different club would be so fucking typical lmao

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Also to be fair if Santos wasnt out for Covid, Etienne wouldnt have started. So lets not act like the guy left and became a sure fire starter for an MLS Cup finalist.

Yet he still is on the score sheet.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I would 100% rather a local NJ born player who scored in our Shield win get the title rather than the always annoying posers of Seattle.

I'm a fan of the team not the names on the back. Don't give two shits about Seattle or their fans, they have never beat us in anything that matters. Absolutely hate Columbus.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Can't really hate on either club here. Both are spending money on solid DPs (who happen to be their best players) and as a result put themselves in a position to succeed while Red Bull opts for academy kids.

Regardless of what happens the second half the Crew and Sounders are going to be right near the top of the standings next year too. Hopefully Thelwell can splash around millions this offseason, otherwise Red Bull just cannot compete.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

I always want the team that has a soccer specific stadium and real grass fields to win.  Go Columbus.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

If he can be a contributing substitute on an MLS Cup finalist and one of the best teams in the league, imagine what he could contribute to a team as bad as the 2020 Red Bulls.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I'm a fan of the team not the names on the back. Don't give two shits about Seattle or their fans, they have never beat us in anything that matters. Absolutely hate Columbus.

Fair, but for some reason I don't really have anything against Columbus even after 2008.  I'm more upset at our own team.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Typical. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If he can be a contributing substitute on an MLS Cup finalist and one of the best teams in the league, imagine what he could contribute to a team as bad as the 2020 Red Bulls.

I can very easily imagine because he played for us for four years lol. He didn't suddenly become a much better player in Columbus, he scored 1 goal in 900 minutes for them this year.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The problem is not that Etienne suddenly got better, or didn't, or will win MLS Cup, or will not. The problem is that a quality team found an important spot for him on the roster, and we cut him. The problem is ASSET MANAGEMENT, something Hamlett has no clue how to do.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users