64 replies to this topic

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Columbus will win MLS Cup.....unless a miracle occcurs with the last remaining 15 mins!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

The problem is not that Etienne suddenly got better, or didn't, or will win MLS Cup, or will not. The problem is that a quality team found an important spot for him on the roster, and we cut him. The problem is ASSET MANAGEMENT, something Hamlett has no clue how to do.

Yep 100%

Look at Cbus spend 7 mill on a DP 10 and he scores or creates all 3 goals.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The problem is not that Etienne suddenly got better, or didn't, or will win MLS Cup, or will not. The problem is that a quality team found an important spot for him on the roster, and we cut him. The problem is ASSET MANAGEMENT, something Hamlett has no clue how to do.

So which winger gets cut from this year's team to keep such an important piece on? Omir, maybe? You guys seem pretty high on Stroud and I'm taking Valot every day of the week.

Columbus is where they are right now because they have a better coach and a better top end of the roster than we do. I'm not buying an argument that finding a spot on the roster for Etienne is moving the needle much.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

So which winger gets cut from this year's team to keep such an important piece on? Omir, maybe? You guys seem pretty high on Stroud and I'm taking Valot every day of the week.

I'm not speaking for him but I think he's just saying if we get rid of guys we get rid of them for nothing.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm not speaking for him but I think he's just saying if we get rid of guys we get rid of them for nothing.

Ah, my bad I misunderstood MF.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Derrick needed to leave to flourish having to earn a spot on the team and away from the partying and big city life has helped him a ton imo. He was to comfortable in New York and a change in scenery helped him a ton

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

he was a pre season trialist doubt anyone was knocking down the door for him

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

he was a pre season trialist doubt anyone was knocking down the door for him

Unlikely anyone wanted him (Cincy could have had him last year for a song), and probably was the same thing with Muyl. And yet, both became important pieces on teams that went farther than we did.

The problem with how both Etienne and Muyl were treated is that Hamlett waited until their value was at their lowest, when it became clear RBNY has no use for them... and then he gave them away.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Unlikely anyone wanted him (Cincy could have had him last year for a song), and probably was the same thing with Muyl. And yet, both became important pieces on teams that went farther than we did.

The problem with how both Etienne and Muyl were treated is that Hamlett waited until their value was at their lowest, when it became clear RBNY has no use for them... and then he gave them away.

we got 50k gam and an international spot for Muyl thats about a 200-300k gam value which is not bad for what he is. Etienne value was highest when we signed him he wasnt every going fetch massive dollars on a trade market. Its the same with Ben mines its cool to think you could maybe get a bit of value but its better to let them be free because likley you arent going to get much to make it really be worth it

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Remember when Hamlett waived Etienne Jr. then didnt even fill the roster spots (while not even coming close to budget). Then Etienne gets an assist on the game winning goal to knock us out of the playoffs and scores a goal in the MLS Cup?

Explain to me how this isn't "That's So Metro"?
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
Hamlett sucks and it was bad asset management for sure. But Etienne is not a meaningful player. At all. I'll be surprised if he's a regular starter in 2 years.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Remember when Hamlett waived Etienne Jr. then didnt even fill the roster spots (while not even coming close to budget). Then Etienne gets an assist on the game winning goal to knock us out of the playoffs and scores a goal in the MLS Cup?

This was the real crime here.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Explain to me how this isn't "That's So Metro"?

we maxed out the reserve and supplemental roster that etienne was on so we did fill those roster slots. Its no different than Mac Kandji winning mls cup

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Etienne may not be an influential player moving forward from tonight...but he will still have an MLS Cup title over what is our club. So good for him....Im sure he is seeing his trade away from Metro as a plus for him personally and God bless him!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

we maxed out the reserve and supplemental roster that etienne was on so we did fill those roster slots. Its no different than Mac Kandji winning mls cup

At least we got Ballouchy for him... Which might be better than the nothing we got for Etienne.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users