Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Dude, 25 years of MLS and the closest we have come is 08

As WESTERN Conference champions, never as Eastern.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

hindsight 20/20.

I have to agree with this one, and even then, is he really such a huge loss who who would have made a difference here had he stayed? Derrick had a really nice game and overall has played solid, but let's not lose the sight of the fact Cincy didn't keep him, and Crew signed him for minimum after he had barely won a roster spot during tryouts, not as some sort of coveted signing. As many blunders as FO has made, and there were A LOT, I would not consider this an obvious one.

Even now, he is definitely a solid guy, but is he really that much better even today than say Royer, Clark, Valot, Stroud, Kaku, who are our midfielders? We also I think had Sims at the time we released him as well and Muyl, though I may be wrong. I really think you subtract DE7, and insert any of the above solid guys, and Crew has a similar team, while you bring him back to Metro now, and he will not really upgrade the roster either. Now, if you bring Zelarayan here that's a different story!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

is he really such a huge loss who who would have made a difference here had he stayed?

Even so, I would have loved to see him score our second goal in a 3-0 MLS Cup-winning final.
Or even the game-winner in a 1-0 cup-winner:
http://metrofanatic....ory.jsp?ID=7737

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users