23 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Columbus went out and bought a quality player from Liga MX, and he carried them to MLS Cup.

Red Bull keeps scraping the barrel looking for players who will play for cheap.  If we go into next season with White/Barlow as our options up top, it's a waste of a season.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Columbus went out and bought a quality player from Liga MX, and he carried them to MLS Cup.

Red Bull keeps scraping the barrel looking for players who will play for cheap.  If we go into next season with White/Barlow as our options up top, it's a waste of a season.

Surely the club has to make a big signing? I mean how can they expect any fans to come back next year if it's just another collection of RBII scrubs?

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I kind of got used to not going to games and tbh if this team doesn't get a mls best xi caliber attacker I might axe my season ticket.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Especially if Kaku is sold, they were willing to splash $4-5 million on a striker (Toney) so well see

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I kind of got used to not going to games and tbh if this team doesn't get a mls best xi caliber attacker I might axe my season ticket.

There's just no reason to make the effort to go to games if the club continues to be cheap and act as a farm team for European leagues. Tom Barlow and Dru Yearwood are not going to put butts in seats.

Watching the game tonight it's almost like watching another league...two teams with big name, big money signings going at it. Just a different level than the crap that Red Bull is trying to sell to this fan base.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

There's just no reason to make the effort to go to games if the club continues to be cheap and act as a farm team for European leagues. Tom Barlow and Dru Yearwood are not going to put butts in seats.

Watching the game tonight it's almost like watching another league...two teams with big name, big money signings going at it. Just a different level than the crap that Red Bull is trying to sell to this fan base.

Hit the nail on the head!  I'm done w season tickets if they insist on being a development team.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
People in this forum would be more entertained by a lazy Rafa Marquez than a hungry dru yearwood because they know the players name

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

People in this forum would be more entertained by a lazy Rafa Marquez than a hungry dru yearwood because they know the players name

This is a false binary. We'll see on Yearwood. He's still young and joined a shit team with Armas as manager in a different continent during a pandemic. Even if he becomes a stud, you're not putting butts in the seats with great midfield aerial duels. We desperately need attacking options, and there are options all around the world who are both good and also not lazy narcissistic assholes like Marquez.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Wow, if only teams were allowed to sign someone older than 20 but less than 31. For the record, I'm a big fan of the Yearwood signing, but without actual talent in the attack, we have no chance in a modern day MLS.

"You want to go back to the days of signing 30+ year olds" is a strawman argument that literally nobody is making.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
No one is going to put buts in seats outside an established older name. I much prefer the Red Bull way because frankly the soccer more entertaining and has an identity. Give me more yearwood mixed in with guys like Caden Clark who are hungry and may not be here long but will help us win. Frankly I do not give a single fuck about buts in seats.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Big names are a non starter for Red Bull, that era has come and gone.

Just give me more talented players who have shown the ability to perform at a professional level that will translate to or are at a comparable level to MLS (less Jorgensens to senior level contracts)

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Big names are a non starter for Red Bull, that era has come and gone.

Just give me more talented players who have shown the ability to perform at a professional level that will translate to or at a comparable level to MLS (less Jorgensens to senior level contracts)

agree but you can find a lot of that in spaces at young ages with the idea of flipping for a profit. One of Columbus key players today was a 19 year old academy midfielder. Our biggest problem is that we have spent badly. Kaku hasnt panned out the way expected Jorgenson is the same though I still think he could be decent or may be sold at a profit which is a win. Time for thelwell and Paul fernie to show up academy is getting fixed and will produce more and more top quality players who arent rb2 scrubs

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Wow, if only teams were allowed to sign someone older than 20 but less than 31. For the record, I'm a big fan of the Yearwood signing, but without actual talent in the attack, we have no chance in a modern day MLS.

"You want to go back to the days of signing 30+ year olds" is a strawman argument that literally nobody is making.

its not grelladinho literally said he doesnt want yearwood signings who are looking to launch to Europe so he wants older established players with no resale values. Yet Columbus biggest names are nagbe and zardes. Zeke rayan is not a big name in any way shape or form. When you say you want a big name that has implication and its not guys like Zelaryan

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Surely the club has to make a big signing?

How long have we been asking this?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

People in this forum would be more entertained by a lazy Rafa Marquez than a hungry dru yearwood

Can you name one of them?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users