• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire Soccer Club ****

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:34 PM

Pabst Brewing to move HQ to Chicago area

By Lorene Yue
June 07, 2006

(Crain’s) — Pabst Brewing Co. is moving its headquarters to Woodridge, marking its return to the Midwest after a decade-long absence.
Lured by the labor pool, transportation access and a nearly $1 million state incentives, the beer manufacturer is moving 31 jobs to the suburb about 30 miles west of Chicago.

The company’s executives, sales and marketing staff will relocate from San Antonio, Texas, in early July, said Kevin Kotecki, CEO of Pabst Brewing. The beer maker, which will spend nearly $2.5 million to lease an office building, already has four workers stationed in the area.

“It feels like home to us,” Mr. Kotecki said. “We are the third-largest brewery in Chicago, 10% of our business is done there and it continues to get larger every year.”

. . . . . . .

http://chicagobusine...ews.pl?id=20908

Next, Pabst needs to put a brewery and pub outside Bridgeview Stadium.

Posted Image
Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

#2 Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:00 PM

Some things just need to stay the same. It's bullshit that it's taking tax breaks to make things right again though.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

#3 Detlef, Esq.

Detlef, Esq.

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:beer, snuff, beer, prime rib, beer, sleep.
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Arsenal

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:58 AM

and now Budweiser is gonna distribute Goose Island :pint: http://www.chicagotr...hi-business-hed

#4 theburden

theburden

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Supports:Chi-Town

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

Pabst is just an office building anyway. They don't own any manufacturing facilities at all. All their beer, and they have like 21 different labels, is contracted.

#5 iwishiweremingus1

iwishiweremingus1

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Supports:take a wild guess.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

it's still ours, now and forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users