132 replies to this topic

zoomosapien

zoomosapien

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, MLS, US MNT
I want to not see Metro Banners or hear Metro chants at Red Bull Arena.
" I don't know you and you don't know the half of it " - Bono

MulletGSS

MulletGSS

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FC Barcelona

i have a feeling that will not be happening at RBA- guarantee.

The opinions expressed here are the views of MulletGSS and do not reflect the views and opinions of GSS or any of it's other members.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Damn right :lol:

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,787 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

No, it will happen, i will and always will sing for the METRO, becasue thats the way i like it i like it... I cant just sing for the redbulls.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

Why ? Do you work for Red Bull ?
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Damn right :lol:

:cheers:

Honestly it's not about loving Metro and all the greatness that never was. Just some of us couldn't live with singing for for a drink. Trust me if it was Jack Daniels or Coke or anything else I would hate it too. For me signing Metro is just my lame refusal to be part of a grand scheme that I disagree with. Sadly one thing I also strongly stand for is, supporting your local team, which is why I support MLS and don't jerk off to Chelsea, Man U, or Barca and pretend I have some affiliation with them, because I don't (maybe some people on here do have a reason to support those teams, I am not calling you out). It's just such a boner killer that my local team has turned into this.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,142 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Truth is, it doesn't matter which you sing - they sound about the same.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC
I want everyone to show up and support the franchise/brand/club/team.

If that means a Metro banner or 17 are there, I have absolutely no problem with it.

The significance of this stadium isn't lost on the history of this franchise or Red Bull. To many, this will still be the Metrostars Stadium that was announced in Harrison two years before RB had anything to do with the franchise, or to the public's knowledge at least.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,999 posts
  • Supports:Metro
If this team was sponsored or owned by Jager, I'd have no problem chanting or doing anything with the name.

Then again, their brand resonates with me.

My only pet peeve with chanting is those who try to tell me what to chant. Sing/chant whatever you want to call the team.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

You may as well gouge out both your eyes then

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

You must like pepper spray.
When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

i want to not see you at RBA.
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

zoomosapien

zoomosapien

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, MLS, US MNT
No I do not work for Red Bull. I am just way over the name change thing. I just find it odd to hear Metro chants for a team that has little or nothing to do with the current team I go to see every gameday. Except for a few players. Didn't mean to piss anyone off. I thought I could post what I wanted for Christmas without getting the dreaded Harraby Lad Split Topic.
" I don't know you and you don't know the half of it " - Bono

MulletGSS

MulletGSS

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FC Barcelona

You must like pepper spray.

hey you guys talk all you want and say all you want. and make fun and say that you are gonna do this and that and the other thing. but i'm just gonna say that if i'm paying $200 million dollars+ for a stadium and the supporters section is literary right in front of the on-field mics. the last thing i want and would allow people to do is chant metro and wave metro flags. thats all i'm saying. this stadium has no METRO history. it's cool to rebel, no¿

and no i don't like pepper spray.. was that some joke as to what happened in new england¿ because that is a very sensitive subject and you need to stfu about it. alot of people that i care about dearly endured some pain and legal bullshit.

The opinions expressed here are the views of MulletGSS and do not reflect the views and opinions of GSS or any of it's other members.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,875 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

i want to not see you at RBA.

Beat me to it! :lol:

Why don't you just do your thing & let others do theirs?

Truth is, it doesn't matter which you sing - they sound about the same.

What he said! :cheers:

I want everyone to show up and support the franchise/brand/club/team.

Let us know when you figure out which it is! :lol:
What we need is a wall of sound, not people quibbling over what words or languages are being used. Support the team, don't fight among ourselves! :cheers:

if i'm paying $200 million dollars+ for a stadium and the supporters section is literary right in front of the on-field mics. the last thing i want and would allow people to do is chant metro and wave metro flags. thats all i'm saying.

We'll see if RB has any objection, and any solution.
At this point, I think that they're looking to sell 25,000 season tickets.
They may even welcome the Borough Boys! :D
I would think that the last things they want are empty seats & booing.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users