rotten peaches.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Fingers crossed for some negative covid tests....

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

After a bad loss to LA2 on national TV with key players still out under Covid protocols the team will face a severe test against ATL on Thursday. To put more salt on the wound D.Nealis will be suspended for the match due to yellow cards acquired plus the team has not done well this season in RBA. The cherry on top is that both Kimala and Barlow are terrible at finding the back of net and should be replaced from starting. With all this negative there is hope that the lads will come thru and ekee out a victory,

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

After a bad loss to LA2 on national TV with key players still out under Covid protocols the team will face a severe test against ATL on Thursday. To put more salt on the wound D.Nealis will be suspended for the match due to yellow cards acquired plus the team has not done well this season in RBA. The cherry on top is that both Kimala and Barlow are terrible at finding the back of net and should be replaced from starting. With all this negative there is hope that the lads will come thru and ekee out a victory,

That was hardly a bad loss.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

what?

friend who knows soccer but does not watch a lot said it was a good 65 minutes.  But then again it is soccer and you have a bad 1-2 decisions/6 minutes and its essentially game over.  That what makes this a crazy game. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Yeah, don't agree it was a bad game, even in vacuum, but especially in the circumstances (short week, missing our 2 best outfield players). We were second best throughout but had multiple good chances that better finishers would score. The goals were the product of an individual bad decision/execution (offside attempt) or a mistake (wtf was that challenge on the wing).

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Yeah, don't agree it was a bad game, even in vacuum, but especially in the circumstances (short week, missing our 2 best outfield players). We were second best throughout but had multiple good chances that better finishers would score. The goals were the product of an individual bad decision/execution (offside attempt) or a mistake (wtf was that challenge on the wing).

Yeah what was that challenge on the wing that lead to the 2nd goal?

was that CCJ or Yearwood?

Also, not the best by Harper diving in to try to help on that challenge.  But he will learn more defending.

Hoping for negative Covid tests.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

agree that we more than held our own vs LAFC.   first goal was a blown offside trap,  2nd one was a bad challenge by Casseres on the wing.  Should have contained him instead of diving in.   I don't blame Harper on that missed tackle inside the box, it was emergency defending at that point and he missed. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I hope we can beat up on Atlanta. They are not doing that well this season (so far).

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Yeah what was that challenge on the wing that lead to the 2nd goal?
was that CCJ or Yearwood?

Also, not the best by Harper diving in to try to help on that challenge.  But he will learn more defending.

Hoping for negative Covid tests.  

That was a curious attempt by CCJ on the wing, but the debacle started before that when Yearwood decided to take and extra touch in LA area, got dispossed and the rest of the team got caught in bad defensive shape

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
Theres a halftime show this Thursday?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Theres a halftime show this Thursday?

Boxing?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Boxing?

OneUpDuo?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Do we even have enough bodies to put on the field for this one? Injury/Absence list is as long as its ever been between COVID and international callups. Maybe guys like Sserwadda and Harper get more serious minutes?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Luqi stuck in LA and looks unlikely barring flight + negative covid tests.

Long looking better but still not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users