246 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Unfortunately Wolly is incredibly unlikely to ever get the job because what RB thinks is the lesson of the Petkie debacle is to never make a club legend coach ever again.

THAT'S what they think the lesson is??? Jesus.

Borats

Borats

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

RB thinks is the lesson of the Petkie debacle is to never make a club legend coach ever again.

Petke's tenure with as Metro coach was not a debacle at all, but one of the most successful two year spans in Club's history. He only got the opportunity for two years, which is not a lot of time. And in that time he won first ever trophy (regular season title) in club history. Then the following year he made East finals (final 4) for only the 3d time in club history. How a coach can be fired after this is beyond stupidity. If we use the same standard for Marsch, anything short of MLS cup this year should get him fired too. In fact, by that standard he should have been fired a year ago. However, two wrongs don't make it right. In spite of obvious blunders this year, Jesse needs to stay. Supporter's shield and East finals two years ago, East regular season title a year back, and Open Cup final this year and play-off appearance (even if we lose in the first round) are still good accomplishments for a 3 year span.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,885 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Petke's tenure with as Metro coach was not a debacle at all.

I believe that SabreMike was referring to the circumstances surrounding Petke's abrupt termination, as the debacle.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I believe that SabreMike was referring to the circumstances surrounding Petke's abrupt termination, as the debacle.

Agreed. Firing a young first time coach, a former Metro player, after just two years, after he just led the team to most successful two years in club history including first ever trophy, is indeed a debacle. A completely moronic and illogical one at that.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Nail. Head.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,412 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

If we were to replace Marsch I wouldn't necessarily go within or young first timer. When Petke came in he had a lot of leadership on the team. Not just guys who were good and had been around but he had people like Henry and Cahill(who still hadnt turned) who were not only great on the pitch but who could help him manage the personnel by just putting in a good example.

I dont see the same type of leadership on this team and even if they were to acquire them they wouldn't have had enough time in MLS or with the American players. Its different if Henry is telling you to work and shut up than just some random European.

So I think if we were to replace Marsch we would need to go with someone with experience. Cant think of anyone off the top of my head, but that would be one my criteria. Someone whose going to know how to play the draft and MLS transfer games. And whos going to be able to know what it takes to build a team in this league. I think we got lucky with Petke I dont expect it to happen again with Woly or Armas.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
Bob Bradley returns 😂

LONG LIVE METRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users