87 replies to this topic

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,418 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

been a fan since day 96. We've made great strides since then but come this time next year 80% of the league would have passed us up im the "ambition" department.

LAFC will not be fucking around when they open their mew stadium. The already locked in Vela.

DC has a very good chance of pulling off something simmilar to what KC did when they had their reboot. DC has already started spending some cash on players.

NYCFC's stadium situation obvioulsy sucks but they finallu have a supporting cast and Villa has a few years left in them. They also wont be fucking around in their search to fill Pirlo's DP slot.

We're in the same class as SJ,vancouver, Philly, and dallas.

I would say montreal is more ambitious than us as well

we're above RSL and of course NE.

please dont spend your money on this team until the team starts spending just a little bit. Even if you make 500k a year and ur season tickets are 400 each just dont do it out of principle

Vancouver actually manages to get some quality signings. Montero is carrying that team like a DP impact player would. I would be very impressed if we get three this time around. Shit even San Jose has USMNT killer on their team. I would say we're just slightly above teams not in the playoff pictures not counting LA.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

You have to consider that Toronto, NYCFC, and Atlanta got to spend a bunch of money because they benefited from being new franchises and MLS would want that for all their new toys. LAFC seems to be coming along that same path. But the original and not so new teams have been dragging baggage along them so in a sense it is not a fair comparison. Also bear in mind that Chicago had a few putrid years in a row until they amazed enough Garber bucks to make the investments this year. The same seems to be taking place for the scum.

So while I do agree that one or two great players would be good to have going forwards, we have also made a huge investment in our academy and it is just starting to bear fruits and I still believe that is the right way to go forward. If we ended up losing Adams to a European club ala Miazga, it would be a vindication to the the quality of players we can produce, but at the same time an indictment to MLS for now allowing teams to pay their players their proper value to remain state side

Cheers

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If we ended up losing Adams to a European club ala Miazga, it would be a vindication to the the quality of players we can produce, but at the same time an indictment to MLS for now allowing teams to pay their players their proper value to remain state side

Cheers

The only problem is that its very often not about the money for these young guys. Agudelo and Miazga both could have gotten decent paydays in MLS but had starry eyes towards Europe. I'm worried MLS still has a long way to go before its competitive enough on the world stage to dispel that sort of mindset.

In the meantime, the academy will provide a lot of roster depth and some occasionally flashes of stardom, but if you're looking for serious players who can be an anchor for the team long-term, you're probably gonna have to spend some cash.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So Marsch said yesterday that the decision to take Taxi off was that:

1.  He was beginning to tire.

2.  KC had put some fresh legs on his side of the field.

3.  He basically wanted to to put a player on in defense that could still contribute to the attack BEFORE he put Veron on.

So:

1.  Someone in the press needs to follow up with Taxi to see how he was feeling when he was subbed and how he felt about that.

2.  We've seen Marsch make this mistake before.  Waiting too long to take a defender off and put an attacking piece on.  YOU ARE LOSING THE GAME ALREADY.  STOP TRYING TO PREVENT MORE GOALS AND GO TRY TO SCORE SOME.  For all Marsch's talk about going after the game decision like this are weak weak sauce.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

3.  He basically wanted to to put a player on in defense that could still contribute to the attack BEFORE he put Veron on.

So:

1.  Someone in the press needs to follow up with Taxi to see how he was feeling when he was subbed and how he felt about that.

2.  We've seen Marsch make this mistake before.  Waiting too long to take a defender off and put an attacking piece on.  YOU ARE LOSING THE GAME ALREADY.  STOP TRYING TO PREVENT MORE GOALS AND GO TRY TO SCORE SOME.  For all Marsch's talk about going after the game decision like this are weak weak sauce.

Step 1 - Put on a fresh, albeit a significantly inferior defender (but one that goes really hard in training everyday), to prevent giving up a second goal.

Step 2 - Immediately give up second goal.

Well done. Jesse.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,856 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Someone in the press needs to follow up with Taxi to see how he was feeling when he was subbed and how he felt about that.

I can't imagine Kemal answering that question while Marsch is still his coach.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
If we ended up losing Adams to a European club ala Miazga, it would be a vindication to the the quality of players we can produce, but at the same time an indictment to MLS for now allowing teams to pay their players their proper value to remain state side

Players at the DP level need to be overpaid to come here. If people like Bradley/Altidore and even DPs like Giovinco/Villa/Kaka/etc could be every-day starters on top teams in Europe for the same money as in MLS, they would still be in Europe and not here.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

1. Literally nobody saw this. Obviously Marsch knows better than we do, but I find it hard to believe that a fully rested Taxi was gassed.

3. You want a defender who can also attack, so you take off arguably our best defender, who was also arguably the 2nd or 3rd best attacker this season.

Still a joke of a coach.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

I can't imagine Kemal answering that question while Marsch is still his coach.

He has no problem talking about his alleged concussion on television.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,639 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I've cut my Metro expenditures by 90% compared 2014, so believe me I'm with you.

I gave up my season tickets the year of our 1st supporters shield. Since then I have only been to a handful of home games. I watch sometimes on TV. And I've maybe bought a RB jersey last winter because it was on sale and its the GK jersey... 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,856 posts

That's completely different from questioning his coach's decision to sub him out.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,663 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

alleged?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

That's completely different from questioning his coach's decision to sub him out.

I don't think it's that far off. Both are situations that are usually kept in house.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

alleged?

I'm not having a go at anyone. I don't remember what the final outcome/truth of that was. That's why I used the word "alleged".

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,856 posts

I don't think it's that far off. Both are situations that are usually kept in house.

I disagree. If Kemar says that he wasn't gassed and that Marsch made the wrong decision in subbing him out, he's throwing Jesse under the bus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users