205 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Atlanta has only been playing bad teams during this hot streak they have (New England, Philly, LA, Montreal, Orlando).

Their strength may be overstated.

Let's see how they do against teams like Toronto, Vancouver, Portland etc. Probably not as good.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Atlanta has only been playing bad teams during this hot streak they have (New England, Philly, LA, Montreal, Orlando).

Their strength may be overstated.

Let's see how they do against teams like Toronto, Vancouver, Portland etc. Probably not as good.

The thing is we are also a bad team. At least we are now playing like one. Not winning a game since aug 15 and league game since aug 12 is not signs of a good team.

LONG LIVE METRO

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Chicago won late last night, so that's simply not happening. Best we can hope for right now is Atlanta surpassing the 6th borough of East Hartford for the 2nd seed. I'd much rather play them, Chicago, or Columbus than scorching hot Atlanta. 

At this point, the only realistic goal is to finish 5th.  We'll most likely get Chicago in that scenario, but wouldn't have to play Toronto in the next round if we happen to get by the Fire.  Although if Atlanta finish second, I may rather play Toronto than them.  Either way we're cooked.

Agree with both of ya, we were one of the 3 that has won before on the road in a play in game so who knows, maybe we'll pull a win out of our ass. I just hate this weekday schedule cause it's sucks for the away teams fans, getting to any of these places, Atlanta, Chicago or Columbus on a weekday is not going to be easy.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The thing is we are also a bad team. At least we are now playing like one. Not winning a game since aug 15 and league game since aug 12 is not signs of a good team.

We're not a bad team. We have no defense. We can score goals and we can score them on the road.

Change something up and stop leaking goals.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

We're not a bad team. We have no defense. We can score goals and we can score them on the road.

Good teams win games. They dont let the worst team in the league come to their house and tie them. Sorry. Defense sucks so that makes team bad. Few bright spots. Lade played lights out and Adams too. Other then that we arent playing good enough to play with NYCFC TFC ATL.

LONG LIVE METRO

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,663 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

have no defense = bad team.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,897 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

IF we were healthy at CB, we'd see this or something similar for every big game:

Taxi-Baah-Collin-Escobar-Murillo

we are currently missing ~$800k in salary in central defense. That's why our GD is only +4. Collin has played only 13 games this yr. Combined, both Collin and Baah missed ~60 potential starts. us missing our highest paid CBs affects us greatly, we all acknowledge it, but its negative impact is much larger, since we've had to play Perrinelle more than 20 games this season. 

playing GV minimally sucks, but our starting #1 and #2 CBs missing is why we are so meh. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
Escobar is the new Roy Miller.. Please don't let him back on the pitch.. Thank goodness it's just a loan..

I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

IF we were healthy at CB, we'd see this or something similar for every big game:

Taxi-Baah-Collin-Escobar-Murillo

we are currently missing ~$800k in salary in central defense. That's why our GD is only +4. Collin has played only 13 games this yr. Combined, both Collin and Baah missed ~60 potential starts. us missing our highest paid CBs affects us greatly, we all acknowledge it, but its negative impact is much larger, since we've had to play Perrinelle more than 20 games this season. 

playing GV minimally sucks, but our starting #1 and #2 CBs missing is why we are so meh. 

what you said but Long instead of Escobar
Long has been the best CB this year I'd never let Escobar back on the pitch..

It's time to just look for another two CB to play next to Long Collin and Baah are injury prone.. At least get one more CB and use Murillo as well thus keeping this 3331 and let Taxi and Adams play out wide
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Escobar is the new Roy Miller.. Please don't let him back on the pitch.. Thank goodness it's just a loan..

Let's not just go throwing around the "Roy Miller" term loosely. That's saved for guys who really keep blowing it again and again in big ways...like Zizzo and Perrinelle.

;)

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Let's not just go throwing around the "Roy Miller" term loosely. That's saved for guys who really keep blowing it again and again in big ways...like Zizzo and Perrinelle.

;)

He scored for us didn't he? Can't be Roy Miller if he scored a goal for us not just against us.

LONG LIVE METRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users