Veron scores twice, still fails to start over Muyl against Vancouver

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Toronto has let in 5 and 2 goals in their last two games, so their defense hasn't been stellar either.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Toronto has let in 5 and 2 goals in their last two games, so their defense hasn't been stellar either.

My prediction: However many we score...they score 1 more.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
It will obviously be a draw.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

--------------BWP-------

----Royer--Sacha--Davis

Lade-------Felipe------Adams

------Taxi---Long--Perinelle

Veron same role off the bench.  55th-60th minute.  I think he enjoys it and his confidence is through the roof.  Royer being back is a huge improvement over Muyl.  We need him to stay healthy.

My only hope is that we draw or win this game because Toronto is coasting.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

--------------BWP-------
----Royer--Sacha--Davis

Veron same role off the bench.  55th-60th minute.  I think he enjoys it and his confidence is through the roof.  Royer being back is a huge improvement over Muyl.  We need him to stay healthy.

Perrinelle will get destroyed in those long ball foot races.

Royer isn't even close to being able to start.

Unfortunately I think you're right that we have to play Taxi as a CB. He was our best defender last night in that spot.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

--------------BWP-------

----Royer--Sacha--Davis

I think you have to still play it a little safe with Royer.  Did he play 20 minutes last night?  Maybe a 30 minute sub appearance or bring him on at half.  This is going to be a tough game with or without him, but it isn't a must win.  I would hate for him to slide back at all and not be 100% come playoff time.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

I think you have to still play it a little safe with Royer.  Did he play 20 minutes last night?  Maybe a 30 minute sub appearance or bring him on at half.  This is going to be a tough game with or without him, but it isn't a must win.  I would hate for him to slide back at all and not be 100% come playoff time.

Agree. 30 vs. TFC. Halftime vs. Vancouver. Then he has 2 starts before the playoffs.

The worst thing we could do is rush him back and have him injured to start next season. He looked like pre-season Royer last night. Easy does it.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Please no DP against Toronto, and preferably not at all this season. Play the young guys who at least have speed.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Veron  BWP

Davis

Felipe   Adams

Muyl                              Murillo

Taxi Long Escobar

No chance, but I'd like to see this.  Give Sacha the week off, let him get his legs back and go into the postseason rejuvenated.  I think Davis has looked good on the ball, let's see what he can do if we give him the keys to the car.  Felipe stays deep, protecting the backline.  Adams goes wherever and does whatever the fuck he wants - create havoc, run down breakaways, get into the box.  Royer for Davis at 60'.  Etienne for BWP or Veron at 75'.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Royer has been practicing full for a while now.  Even Marsch mentioned he's very likely to start against Toronto.  Probably not going to play the full 90, but he's starting and if we are going to build up his minutes, he has to start.  The big thing too is that he's not coming off of a soft-tissue injury so there is no re-injury possibility. It's possible that a new soft-tissue injury happens, but with him practicing full for a while now should mean he could handle 60 mins.

As for the formation above, I don't hate it but I don't see the point in making a big formation switch if it's not something we can continue with after this game.  And we aren't continuing without Sacha.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Royer has been practicing full for a while now.  Even Marsch mentioned he's very likely to start against Toronto.  Probably not going to play the full 90, but he's starting and if we are going to build up his minutes, he has to start.  The big thing too is that he's not coming off of a soft-tissue injury so there is no re-injury possibility. It's possible that a new soft-tissue injury happens, but with him practicing full for a while now should mean he could handle 60 mins.

As for the formation above, I don't hate it but I don't see the point in making a big formation switch if it's not something we can continue with after this game.  And we aren't continuing without Sacha.  

Sacha could swap in for Davis. It's not that different of a formation. Just puts Veron & BWP up top and you have two CM/CDMs to help protect the backline.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,004 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

all hands on deck for this one. need to score first. long and escobar are def starters. i think zizzo is the 3rd CB, since he didn't play last nite. UGH. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users