111 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

between this team and the NY Giants, I can't recall a time I've been a more apathetic sports fan during this time of the year. Usually both teams are playing well enough to give me hope.

Agree to ditch the 3 man back line. Do something different.  Now that Royer is back, we can start playing with real wingers again:

------BWP--Veron

Royer----------------Keita

--------Adams--Felipe

Kemar--Escobar--Long---Murillo

-------------Robles

That lineup puts all of our best options on the field in their natural positions, while keeping the liabilities (Zizzo, Sacha) off the field.

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, C.A.R.P., NYR

Vancouver will probably be missing Waston and Bolanos for being called up by Costa Rica.  Not sure if they'll be missing any others for call ups.  

Also, just realized that Etienne got called up by Haiti for their friendly vs Japan on Oct. 10th.  So, no Etienne along with missing Lawrence, Murillo and Escobar.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,904 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Waston not being there is good for us, even though we'll be missing 4 guys.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,904 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

BWP-Veron

Royer-Sacha-Davis

Felipe

Lade-Long-DP-Adams

Robles

Meara / ? / Muyl Duka Bezecourt Metzger / Keita

Given the absences due to int'l duty, I think we'll be giving up some goals. And we can't make any defensive substitutions, unless we call up Scarlet and Najem or something ridiculous. Can't re-call Ndam or Schmoll since they are both foreigners and the 1st team is at its limit wrt international players. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

BWP-Veron
Royer-Sacha-Davis
Felipe
Lade-Long-DP-Adams
Robles

Meara / ? / Muyl Duka Bezecourt Metzger / Keita

Given the absences due to int'l duty, I think we'll be giving up some goals. And we can't make any defensive substitutions, unless we call up Scarlet and Najem or something ridiculous. Can't re-call Ndam or Schmoll since they are both foreigners and the 1st team is at its limit wrt international players. 

Agree with this line up

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Supports:Metro
-------BWP-Veron
Royer---------------Keita
------Felipe-Davis
Muyl-Long-Lade-Adams

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts
  • Supports:My local MLS team

Maybe it's time to start an offseason thread. Just saying.

Loyal supporter of the 2013 and 2015 MLS Champions: RBNY/Metro
RBNY II aka "The Baby Bulls" are the 2016 USL Cup Champions!

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Marsch starts Zizzo-DP-Long at the back and Muyl on the wing.

Kidding about the latter (Royer and Veron will start) but the former will probably happen.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Maybe it's time to start an offseason thread. Just saying.

Offload Sasha, Collin and Perrinelle and sign a sexy new CB.

Off-season thread closed ;)

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,953 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

-------BWP-Veron
Royer---------------Keita
------Felipe-Davis
Muyl-Long-Lade-Adams

If we're gonna roll with two strikers don't go back to that 4-2-2-2 that's failed for two straight seasons. Gimme a diamond midfield or a 4-1-3-2 and let's see what happens. I think guys like Royer, Davis, and Adams are pretty good fits for those "wide" spots of the diamond.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,885 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Win clinches playoff believe it or not.

Anything else creates a variety of scenarios.
A draw here, plus one in either of the final two matches, gives us 45 points.
If MON or NE win two, their 13 wins puts them in the playoffs ahead of RB's 12.
2 PU wins would give them 45 points & 12 wins, with Goal Difference the second tiebreaker. RB is +2, but a loss & 2 draws would reduce GD to +1 at best, while PU's -1 would improve to at least +1. So, a multi-goal loss by RB or a multi-goal win by PU would knock out RB.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

If we're gonna roll with two strikers don't go back to that 4-2-2-2 that's failed for two straight seasons. Gimme a diamond midfield or a 4-1-3-2 and let's see what happens. I think guys like Royer, Davis, and Adams are pretty good fits for those "wide" spots of the diamond.

We can't. Our defense stinks. It's empty bucket or bust at this point.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,953 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

We can't. Our defense stinks. It's empty bucket or bust at this point.

We tried the empty bucket already, defense stunk then too. Defense is always gonna stink when our best and most experienced players are injured. I'm not sure a proposed backline of Muyl-Long-Lade-Adams is going to keep out goals with six defensive midfielders in front of 'em, might as well try to win the shootout.

edit: On second thought that hasn't exactly been working lately either. Who the hell knows at this point...

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

We tried the empty bucket already, defense stunk then too. I'm not sure a proposed backline of Muyl-Long-Lade-Adams is going to keep out goals with six defensive midfielders in front of 'em, might as well try to win the shootout.

Well that lineup was specific to this game since we'll be missing guys, but your argument actually has me convinced: Any way we're screwed.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

edit: On second thought that hasn't exactly been working lately either. Who the hell knows at this point...

Yeah, I don't even know what to suggest at this point.  Like ideally, I'd suggest "get defenders who aren't ass" but the ship has kinda sailed on that.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users