109 replies to this topic

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Rochester Rhinos, USMNT
Aren't these guys supposed to be reallly good? Will be interesting to see how we match up.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I just need to see Veron, Royer, and BWP on the field together. 

I can't comprehend why BWP keeps going to the wing when Veron and him are both on the pitch.

I understand Veron being the player highest up the pitch because of his speed but he naturally gravitates to the wing anyway. And BWP has done nothing on the flank in his limited time there.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Didn't they roll out a 4-1-3-2 a few times this year? With how good Veron has been how do you not do that again. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

BWP has done nothing on the flank in his limited time there.

Wasn't terrible there in Marschs first year, when grella was hurt and Abang went up top.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,897 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Wasn't terrible there in Marschs first year, when grella was hurt and Abang went up top.

i remember that, it was like:

-------------Abang

-BWP-----Sacha-----Sam-

i know that BWP lined up at LW for the 1st NYCFC game where Miazga did the baseball swing celebration.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Didn't they roll out a 4-1-3-2 a few times this year? With how good Veron has been how do you not do that again. 

Only time I think we've really given that formation a look was against Toronto back in May, but that didn't have either Royer or Veron on the field. It looked alright first time around, would be interesting to see again with those two playing as well as they are.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I'm not saying he wouldn't be okay there but it's definitely not maximizing his strengths. And again, Veron always drifts to the wing when playing up top anyway, so I just don't get why not keep them both up top and just have the WB on the Veron wing stay a little deeper (if the worry is being exposed there). See if it works if nothing else.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

I'd love to see them try a 433.

Royer---BWP---Veron

---Davis/Sacha-----

-Felipe-Adams--

Taxi-------Murillo

---Long-Fidel---

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

I'd love to see them try a 433.

Royer---BWP---Veron

---Davis/Sacha-----
-Felipe-Adams--

Taxi-------Murillo
---Long-Fidel---

Bold no goalie formation.
Also Taxi suspended

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,856 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Bold no goalie formation.

Aussie Rules!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
Robles free to float as a sweeper and false 9. Total football!

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I hope Marsch can find a way for 30-40 minutes over these last two matches to get BWP, Sacha, Royer, Davis, and Veron all on the pitch at the time.  Our seed is pretty much locked into the 5th or 6th anyway, use some of these 90 minutes to see if there's a formation that works with our best attackers all on the pitch at the same time and to help them build chemistry if, because we need a goal or two in the playoffs, Marsch is forced into a lineup like this.

Momentum going into the playoffs, finishing with more points than as many Western teams as possible, AND not losing the final match at DC's dump are all important.  Marsch should play the lineups he thinks are his best, but if there's an opportunity (we're up or down a coupe of goals) he should get these guys playing time together.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

I hope Marsch can find a way for 30-40 minutes over these last two matches to get BWP, Sacha, Royer, Davis, and Veron all on the pitch at the time.  Our seed is pretty much locked into the 5th or 6th anyway, use some of these 90 minutes to see if there's a formation that works with our best attackers all on the pitch at the same time and to help them build chemistry if, because we need a goal or two in the playoffs, Marsch is forced into a lineup like this.

Momentum going into the playoffs, finishing with more points than as many Western teams as possible, AND not losing the final match at DC's dump are all important.  Marsch should play the lineups he thinks are his best, but if there's an opportunity (we're up or down a coupe of goals) he should get these guys playing time together.

I agree with this. For me it's more important to build and keep on growing as a team. We've really been a work in progress all season (and the defense still is), so it's important to build some good string of results. While I know that we had a recent bad stretch, I don't think we were poor during that period of time. The defense had a lot of brain farts, but we definitely started seeing some good flow on the offense. Even against Toronto, our offense gave them issues.  

I personally think we end up winning this match. Atlanta is really good, but if you are patient you can pull them apart. 

General Robles

General Robles

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Supports:New York, Newcastle, Palermo

Interested to see how this one plays out and how we handle this club at home. Would be nice to string a few good performances together in a row heading into the playoffs. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,663 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

BWP anywhere but up top is like playing with just 10 1/2 men on the field.   Hate when he drops back behind Veron, despite whatever incidental contributions he may have made from there.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users