116 replies to this topic

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
So we can't choose the games we want for mini-plans, thanks Chris!

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
So what's the benefit of buying a mini-plan?

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Oh, yeah. I thought this was common knowledge that they were doing that this season.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Makes sense. You cant pluck out the "best" games. Its like eating the cheese off a pizza. Go ahead and get them off stub hub or need a ticket thread them like u were going to anyway

5 year plan

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Makes sense. You cant pluck out the "best" games. Its like eating the cheese off a pizza. Go ahead and get them off stub hub or need a ticket thread them like u were going to anyway

It doesn't make sense. When you never fill a stadium you should be as accommodating as possible to those who actually go regularly. I plan on getting them off stub hub, but if their new ticket policies lead to long time fans switching to stub hub, that doesn't seem ideal.

As with all the ticket issues, time will tell.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

So we can't choose the games we want for mini-plans, thanks Chris!

Posted Image

kmb499

kmb499

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull NY, Everton
You don't get to choose the games in the full-season package either! :cool:

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Typical. I haven't even seen it yet but I assume it is just like the NBA packages they offer where there is a tiered pricing package. The best home games, then an option for middle range and then an ecopnomy plan. They will bait you with one desirable game in the package to get you to commit to a couple crap traditionally low turn out games.

Am i right?
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Typical. I haven't even seen it yet but I assume it is just like the NBA packages they offer where there is a tiered pricing package. The best home games, then an option for middle range and then an ecopnomy plan. They will bait you with one desirable game in the package to get you to commit to a couple crap traditionally low turn out games.

Am i right?

http://www.newyorkre...om/partialplans

It looks like 1 ten game plan and 2 different 5 game plans. IDK if there is a price difference between the 5 game plans

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Just went to see the plans, and its really not that bad. I thought they would try and sneak some weekday games in there but they stayed clear and left the Fri-Sun games.

They also spaced it out with about a game a month.

Not terrible. But I think if they are going to have the plans all the same price as far as the up/mid/downtown plans then they might as well let fans pick and choose to fit their schedules.

I still won't be buying them from the organization though. If I go at all it will be a ticket purchased on the secondary market or a freebie.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

I still won't be buying them from the organization though. If I go at all it will be a ticket purchased on the secondary market or a freebie.

Once more, with feeling.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT
I bought the 10 game plan this morning. Was disappointed that I didn't get to pick the games, but when I looked at the schedule, the games RBNY included weren't too bad. I like to stick to the Saturday games, but I'm forced to take 4 Sunday games and 1 Friday game. But, as someone said, they didn't stick any weekday games on it, other that the one Friday. If they had put any Wed. or Thurs. night games on the 10 game plan, I probably wouldn't have bothered. There were 3 different 5 game plans available, as well.

Was also a little disappointed that I have to buy a membership card with the partial plan. Costs $25 per card, but there is a $10 credit built into it. So it costs an extra $15, or $1.50 per game, which I can live with.

The benefits of buying the partial plan? Well, each ticket is $7 cheaper than face value. I've got 4 10 game plans, so that's a $280 savings. Yes, I guess I could do better with Stubhub, but I can't be bothered with that. I like having my tickets in advance, so I don't have to deal with ticket or will call lines at the stadium.

I got the hard sell from the ticket agent trying to sell me full season tickets. That's never happened in the past.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I got the hard sell from the ticket agent trying to sell me full season tickets. That's never happened in the past.

They keep sending me a thing for a meet and greet at RBA where I can discuss buying season tickets. I already told them I'd be happy to renew my tickets if they got rid of the Red Bull PSL/"Membership" scheme. They are desperate.

Paul, don't know if you are a member of a supporters club but I remember being told supporters club members wouldn't have to pay for a "membership". Did that change, or is that only for full season?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Posted Image

The Mets, Nets, Devils and Islanders all have trouble selling tickets. All of those teams have mini plans. All of them allow you to pick the games you want to go to (except the Mets making the opener and games vs the Yanks as "Premium Games" you have to pay more for). Red Bull doesn't. Pointing that out isn't whinning, it's pointing out the fact that they treat their patrons shabbily.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Nice to see the Sales folks actually selling.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users