29 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I don't understand the love for Buckmaster either. He's been OK. He's already been at fault for a few goals though. I understand Murillo has been in bad form bad mentality / whatever you want to call it. But he still provides offense gong forward. I was fine with Buckmaster starting to make a statement...but as a full time switch? Murillo is still very talented - he made the all star game last season for a reason.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I don't understand the love for Buckmaster either. He's been OK. He's already been at fault for a few goals though. I understand Murillo has been in bad form bad mentality / whatever you want to call it. But he still provides offense gong forward. I was fine with Buckmaster starting to make a statement...but as a full time switch? Murillo is still very talented - he made the all star game last season for a reason.

It must have to do more with Murillo then love for Buckmaster.  Keep in mind we created lots of chances with Buckmaster in the line up over the last 2 games (I agree he does not provide the O that Murillo does).  Maybe they are finalizing a transfer for Murillo as transfer windows are open in most of Europe until 9/2 - although I think it has to do with quality of play.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I don't really have love for Buckmaster, I'm just realistic about the fact that he's a young player and is going to make mistakes.  The mistakes suck, but are no reason to write him off permanently. Still think Murillo should start though.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I don't really have love for Buckmaster, I'm just realistic about the fact that he's a young player and is going to make mistakes.  The mistakes suck, but are no reason to write him off permanently. Still think Murillo should start though.

Buckmaster and Murillo are the same age.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Buckmaster and Murillo are the same age.

Murillo has also been playing professionally for 5 years vs Buckmaster's 5 months.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Murillo has also been playing professionally for 5 years vs Buckmaster's 5 months.

Sure, but Murillo has at least shown he is capable of playing at a higher level.  They're both really young, and I wouldn't give up on either one.  I've seen Murillo be an All-Star, so I agree with what you wrote above, he should start.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Whos writing off Buckmaster permanently? Folks here just arent ready to write off the 2019 season, hence the call for playing Murillo over Buckmaster for these final two-three months. If we were eliminated from the playoffs then by all means let Buckmaster make his mistakes and learn. Mathematically though, we are far from out of it. Murillo has shown his class...just needs to get his head screwed on straight.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Both players make game changing mistakes in defense.

But Murillo is lightyears ahead of Buck in terms of offensive firepower.

So unless there is a problem behind the scenes with Murillo you ride him out to the end of the season.

Or hey maybe we could sign a legit RB...?

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

And there is a reason for that. I think that reason is that Buck is not as good Armas as thinks he is. I just think we need more from our RB. He needs to not just defend but also help create chances. Unfortunately he has not shown anything in that department thus far, making Murillo a better overall option. Perhaps Armas wants to think he made a great discovery with Buck, as it makes him look good, but Buck's performances have been unspectacular thus far. When pre-injury Duncan and Lade played I thought they did better, and so did Duvall a few years back. Hopefully Buck will improve, but it's quite difficult to just develop offensive game given he showed complete lack thereof thus far.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

And there is a reason for that. I think that reason is that Buck is not as good Armas as thinks he is. I just think we need more from our RB. He needs to not just defend but also help create chances. Unfortunately he has not shown anything in that department thus far, making Murillo a better overall option. Perhaps Armas wants to think he made a great discovery with Buck, as it makes him look good, but Buck's performances have been unspectacular thus far. When pre-injury Duncan and Lade played I thought they did better, and so did Duvall a few years back. Hopefully Buck will improve, but it's quite difficult to just develop offensive game given he showed complete lack thereof thus far.

the new formation is the Offense chance creator.  Look at the expected goals for the last 2 games. 

Not for nothing but there must be a clear reason for this that is not being publicly discussed. 

that being said give me focused first half 2018 Murillo (MLS all start and European level starter)

maybe the new hair do will help him out.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

This is not about Armas love of Buck, its his issue with Murillo. We went through this last year when Armas played Lade over Murillo. Chris praises Lade then, just as hes praising Buck now.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Murillo is asked to do more defending under Armas than Marsch.

Thats the difference. Hes a shitty defender, but makes people look totally stupid with the ball at his feet.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Exactly this. The high press from last year covered up a lot of deficiencies in the back line. Last year we barely gave up any goals and had 4 international level defenders. This year parker has fallen off, Murillo disappeared, and long is no longer the stud that the USMNT thought he'd be

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

mlssoccer article today from Doyle is revealing

Armas has a long leash – it took a half-season of worse defensive plays than that and a blow-up from his teammates at practice to get Michael Murillo benched). 

and even more so about why that chance v NER was created because RZA didn't press the pass before the pass in addition to Long keeping them on sides and then Buck getting on the wrong side of Bou.

https://www.mlssocce...week-qa-mailbag

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

mlssoccer article today from Doyle is revealing

Armas has a long leash – it took a half-season of worse defensive plays than that and a blow-up from his teammates at practice to get Michael Murillo benched). 

and even more so about why that chance v NER was created because RZA didn't press the pass before the pass in addition to Long keeping them on sides and then Buck getting on the wrong side of Bou.

https://www.mlssocce...week-qa-mailbag

Nothing shocking here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users