thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Nope. Never called it a hoax.

This was you in March:

"Yeah. It's good to be vigilant but the doom-mongering is getting silly. The number of cases in the U.S. compared to overall population (even if you estimated that there are actually five times the number of cases, for example) isn't even the slightest blip on the radar. I hope everyone recovers though.I bet MLS still postpones the next few rounds of games. I don't think Red Bulls will be playing this weekend.

Close enough. Your COVID takes have aged like milk in the Sahara Desert. Maybe sit this one out.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Remember someone made the point that Covid-19 was no big deal because there were fewer cases in the metro area than could fit in Red Bull Arena?  Now we can pack Red Bull Arena with those killed by the disease in the region two times over.  Still no big deal I guess. 

I remember all those reasonable people after 9/11 who said, it's only 3,000 people.  It is no big deal.  That is only only 0.02% percent of population of the area. Get over it. Move on. Most people are fine!

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

The hallways and bathrooms can get packed, but the bathrooms are really the only widely-used indoor public space within Red Bull Arena.

The concourses are pretty much open air. And like protests have shown (like this one last month in Brooklyn), you can stand elbow to elbow with a mask on and not see a spike in cases.

https://www.amny.com...cU-740x555.jpeg

So it doesn't make sense why fans aren't allowed at sporting events.

Personally I'm out for this season, I'm not looking to argue one side or the other on this cause nobody is going to change their mind no matter what they read here anyway. I have Devils season tickets as well and their next season might start in December and I'm gonna be out on that as well.

I just have 0 interest in being part of the first groups of people back in these buildings whenever it happens. If the Red Bulls make the MLS Cup final (lmfao bahahaha) this year I'll be there if they let fans in. Other than that, hard pass for me.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I certainly wouldn't expect fans at sporting events next year, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily tied to a vaccine timetable. We're seeing this because cases are still surging across the country. 

I think letting fans in will be very state to state or city to city. NSWL has been letting fans in, I thought Louisville had their supporters way to close to one another, NASCAR and other forms of racing, Indycar, NHRA(drag racing) have been letting people in.

The Indy 500 is going to be allowed to sell 50% capacity so that should be interesting cause that would be over 100k people.

I just don't have any interest in going to anything with a large group of people any time soon. The two teams I have season tickets for, Red Bulls and Devils suck anyway so that makes it even less worth the risk to run back into an arena for me.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
If scientists say a stadium is not a good place to go then Im not going to go.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

If scientists say a stadium is not a good place to go then Im not going to go.

Nah dude but Grelladinho and the reality star who advised us to drink bleach say it's okay so we're good.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
NJ will reach probably 2% CV positive this weekend.
https://www.nj.com/c...-benchmark.html
Almost 16,000 dead is 9% of positives.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
The 2% number has been met:
https://www.nj.com/c...ases-again.html
It is disappointing that + totals have increased slightly,
but this is most likely attributable to human stupidity.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I think letting fans in will be very state to state or city to city. NSWL has been letting fans in, I thought Louisville had their supporters way to close to one another, NASCAR and other forms of racing, Indycar, NHRA(drag racing) have been letting people in.

The Indy 500 is going to be allowed to sell 50% capacity so that should be interesting cause that would be over 100k people.

I just don't have any interest in going to anything with a large group of people any time soon. The two teams I have season tickets for, Red Bulls and Devils suck anyway so that makes it even less worth the risk to run back into an arena for me.

mighty considerate of those teams!!!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
Field of Dreams game postponed:
https://www.cnn.com/...trnd/index.html

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
What could possibly go worng?
https://nypost.com/2...onavirus-party/
Already on probation? Toga! Toga!
https://www.courier-...rty/3313525001/

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
Big10 cancels all Fall sports:
https://www.nj.com/s...ing-season.html
Rumors PAC-12 are next.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Rutgers football avoids yet another embarrassing season - thanks Covid!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Rutgers football avoids yet another embarrassing season - thanks Covid!

I was actually looking forward to what Schiano was doing.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Rutgers football avoids yet another embarrassing season

How will RU fund its athletic program if the $50M
from B10 football money does not arrive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users