• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts
We are showing issues scoring so unless that changes then no game is a guarantee.

Only change Id make is White or Omir in for Barlow. With Waston out there we aren't winning anything in the air anyway.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,448 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I know last night was disappointing, but remember that we did actually play decently the first three games in this new formation. I'm willing to chalk most of last night up to tired legs and lack of rotation, we'll see how the next few games play out.

Cincinnati's problems, on the other hand, I don't think are as fixable as a little squad rotation. They are a bad team playing bad soccer. I'm still expecting a win here.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I know last night was disappointing, but remember that we did actually play decently the first three games in this new formation. I'm willing to chalk most of last night up to tired legs and lack of rotation, we'll see how the next few games play out.

Cincinnati's problems, on the other hand, I don't think are as fixable as a little squad rotation. They are a bad team playing bad soccer. I'm still expecting a win here.

We played well against ATL, I wouldn't say the Cinci or RSL matches were good.  We probably would have lost Week 1 if we were facing anyone other than Cinci.  And, we were incredibly lucky to hang for the draw at RSL.

Tired legs definitely played a part last night.  Also, I'm not suggesting we abandon the 4-2-2-2.  But, when Nagbe and Columbus are completely dominating the central midfield and we don't have a player on the bench that can come in to really change that, maybe Armas needed to go with three CMs.  Someone said it earlier in the thread, with Kaku at CAM, he would have been an easier outlet for Davis or CCJ or RZA.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Kaku has been looking sharp making some good passes. Armas needs to move him in more centrally so he can spread the ball across the field. But, who will play at LW?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Ive seen us play decently only 15 minutes here or there. Thats not acceptable to me.

I agree that tired legs and squad rotation were a problem. A coaching problem. He needs to go.

I believe we are an okay team playing bad soccer.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

------------white
---------kaku
Omir----------------muyl
-------casseres---rza
Pendant---tarek---parker----duncan
-----------jensen

Let's actually fucking rotate for once and beat these Cincy fucks. Do you remember how satisfying it was to beat them at their stadium in the US open cup?? Well channel that fucking energy and win on Sunday.

Im interested to see what white can do. Since he pumped in 10 Goals hes been hurt. Strikers are streaky, lets give him some regular run, maybe he can get back on a roll.

Hes better than Barlow, so i hope he draws attention and opens things up for Kaku, Royer and Valot.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Armas needs to get the most out of our best players (Royer/Kaku/Valot) to generate any offense.  Also with Duncans ability to go forward a throwback to the 3-3-3-1 may be the move.  This would also mitigate our lack of CM depth in Florida and allow us to rotate Davis and CCJ there so we always have someone fresh who can run back there.  Cant be wasting Kaku's energy chasing overlapping wingbacks and Royer is still close to goal

-----------------White--------------

Royer----------Kaku--------Valot

Pendant---Davis/CCJ---Duncan

Tarek----------Long--------Parker
---------------Jensen---------------

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Don't hate the idea, but you're swapping CCJ for Parker, which doesn't seem optimal at this point.

I'd say back to the good old 4231, same front 4 you suggested to start, and rotate a lot for fresh legs.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Don't hate the idea, but you're swapping CCJ for Parker, which doesn't seem optimal at this point.

I'd say back to the good old 4231, same front 4 you suggested to start, and rotate a lot for fresh legs.

only concern i have in 4-2-3-1 is there is no one besides CCJ and Davis that I want in the 2.  And in a tournament like this increases the chance of them getting leggy.  in a cup final or assuming good recovery 4-2-31 is the way to go.  

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,863 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I predict another gutless, uninspired performance where we have a hard time scoring.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

I predict another gutless, uninspired performance where we have a hard time scoring.

hoping your wrong fearing your right

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,863 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

hoping your wrong fearing your right

shit, I hope I'm wrong lol

But........

ARMAS.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

We should roll out the same lineup as Thursday night but with White in for Barlow.    Barlow can go back to RB2.

"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,139 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Armas needs to get the most out of our best players (Royer/Kaku/Valot) to generate any offense.  Also with Duncans ability to go forward a throwback to the 3-3-3-1 may be the move.  This would also mitigate our lack of CM depth in Florida and allow us to rotate Davis and CCJ there so we always have someone fresh who can run back there.  Cant be wasting Kaku's energy chasing overlapping wingbacks and Royer is still close to goal

-----------------White--------------

Royer----------Kaku--------Valot

Pendant---Davis/CCJ---Duncan

Tarek----------Long--------Parker
---------------Jensen---------------

Maybe a formation change can work, but it'll have more of that bandaid feeling for a much larger wound. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

We are a mediocre team with no firepower or game breaking talent whatsoever. Cinci is an unmitigated disaster.

This. We are a team sorely in need of offensive help. I am not too upset about last night. First loss in four matches that count this season..we could be NYCFC. Losing to Columbus is nothing to be ashamed as I think they might be the best team in the East at the moment. Next week will be telling: if we cant get a result against Cincy sound the alarm. We really should expect a two goal margin of victory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users