46 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Same as here. This guy will probably be fine, but then so is White, so is Royer (as a striker), and Barlow and Jorgensen are something a little less than fine. This signing doesn't really do anything except add a new name to the team.

You might be right, and one of my bigger issues is using INTL spots on non-starters/contributors.

Egbo is a backup RB, Rzatkowski is a depth CM, Jørgensen cant get on the field, its unclear how good Yearwood is going to be.

A majority of those spots should go to guys who are more likely to be heavy contributors/starters so it certainly is risky to use another spot on someone who might not be that.

Id still put the odds at signing him at less than 50%, considering everything working against it with the current conditions in this country

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

You might be right, and one of my bigger issues is using INTL spots on non-starters/contributors.

There is zero chance the lack of intl spots is preventing us from bringing in a game changer. Even if it were a problem at some future unspecified point in time, you get rid of the lowest intl guy on the totem pole; solved.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I tend to agree and I think the excitement/optimism about this is indicative of just how poor our situation at ST is right now. 

I'm hoping that they're signing him to be a guy rather than The Guy. I find it interesting that we're playing what is more or less a two-forward front and White isn't starting. Seems like Omir has even sort of jumped him on he depth chart. I wonder if they're going to clean out at the position. 

This is fully me making up bullshit but I could see a scenario where RBNY struck out on the targets they were in love with and see this guy as a free upgrade short-term until they can sort out the bigger addition. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Doubtful that they're cleaning out the ST position, esp since they gave White a raise/extension. No longer on the basic entry-level MLS contract. 

Unless they loan Jorgen$en to a team in Europe. That's the only striker I see leaving the team. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Exactly.  Now, if we're talking Yearwood, who seems like more of a defensive midfielder, he competes for time with Davis and/or Cacceres and maybe sends one of them to the bench.

Wait your more excited about yearwood? Year wood did not even play last year.

This guy at least looks like he can start day one and make an difference.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Doubtful that they're cleaning out the ST position, esp since they gave White a raise/extension. No longer on the basic entry-level MLS contract. 

Unless they loan Jorgen$en to a team in Europe. That's the only striker I see leaving the team. 

Barlow. Not on the senior roster but if they are going to commit more senior roster spots to strikers/attackers might need that space on the reserve roster for depth at other positions.

Think Mines is gone too, but thats a discussion for a different thread and a later date

No idea what the plan is for Jørgensen, he needs to play somewhere though

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

it's gonna require Thelwell or Hamlett to make some big decisions re the roster. 

Looks like someone update Kyereh's wiki page. 

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts

Oh my... i missread Ghana with Guyana and was all excited for West Indian local talent coming in  :D  :D  :D  :D

Need to get reading glasses for real.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Wait your more excited about yearwood? Year wood did not even play last year.

This guy at least looks like he can start day one and make an difference.

I wouldn't say that I'm more excited about Yearwood than Kyereh.  Actually, since they're both just rumors at this point, I'm not all that excited about either.   But at least on paper, either one could possibly improve the team if RBNY can somehow close the deal.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Could end up being decent signing if happens. Not as exciting as when we first got Sims, and not the DP level talent people are looking for, but we gotta get some real MLS quality players on the roster even as depth players. The roster is currently filled with USL types or inconsistent players. Wharlow, Omir, Muyl  have been underwhelming. Even Rzat is not as consistent. If this guy can produce say at Veron's level, that's a decent option to have. We generally need to upgrade most positions, and certainly need more talent on the final third. Losing Sims didn't help there, but hopefully this guy comes in and helps fill some of the void we have.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
https://kickgh.com/m...iel-kofi-kyereh

FWIW.

We go again

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
well, would you play for Chris Armas?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
Hope he wasnt watching tonight!
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,422 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Hope he wasnt watching tonight!

If he sees the video, he should be thinking that he will be an instant starter for this team.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Signed with St Pauli. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users