19 replies to this topic

tynian16

tynian16

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I didn't know a ton of his backstory, but he seems like a good guy.

http://www.mlssoccer...ew-york-red-bul

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

pretty awesome video.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
A lot of the MLS Insider videos are decent, but this one was particularly good.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

This was really well done. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USMNT
I'm in this video! Im the dude in the beanie taking the picture at the jersey launch.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

He's awesome.

soccerfreak9210

soccerfreak9210

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Roma, Nats

Always liked him.. Never thought he was USMNT caliber, but will go down as a great club player. Marsch and co "Bringing in their guys" always comes off negative for better or for worse.. But this video really shows the kind of relationship they had. I liked the line about the training sessions being more important than the games by coach Schellscheidt (Yes, i copy+pasted his name)

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

I never watch 10+ minute videos - glad that I watched this one.  

Takeaway - Marsch is no different than Petke... the only difference is that Sacha and Coach Emeritus are the Robin Frasiers this year.  

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Takeaway - Marsch is no different than Petke... the only difference is that Sacha and Coach Emeritus are the Robin Frasiers this year.  

I love Petke, but I think it's a bit of a disservice to say that Marsch is no different. Time will tell what becomes of the results, but, he's clearly a very intellectual coach. I would say Petke is a very passionate coach. They have different motivations, different styles. Also- and this isn't Mike's fault- but Marsch was more of a 'coach on the field' type of player, whereas Mike was more of a backline leader type. Marsch was ahead of Mike tactically during their playing days, and he has a lot of experience in coaching that he gained by being with Bob Bradley for a number of years. So, again, let's leave Mike & Jesse comparisons alone for a bit, but, I don't think they are very similar.

As to Sacha- it was a good video. He seems like a really good fit for this team, both on & off the field. I do wonder a bit about making it Dax's team vs. Sacha's team, but, anyway I think they get along well enough that it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I hope he can get more assertive this year and play more of the role Peguy used to play. I never thought of him as a d-mid, and I want to see more of his passing in the final third. I think he's more useful to us there than towards the back of the midfield in Dax's area.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
If you've watch Marsch coach he's pretty passionate on the sidelines.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

i know you're joking because Sacha isn't developing tactics or running training, he's mentoring players. And Manny's like a consultant.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

If you've watch Marsch coach he's pretty passionate on the sidelines.

Not saying Marsch isn't passionate, just that he approaches the game intellectually. (Princeton, Bob Bradley, his career as center mid playing the style he did, Metrics, Ali Curtis). Mike, was more of a 'heart on your sleeve' guy. Competitive, etc. Not that each don't have parts of the other (and, I wasn't having a go at the poster, just my opinion). Just saying.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Petke's coaching mentor is Backe. Need we say more?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I like that part when he's talking in French, coaching the other players (was it Abang?). Seems like a good leader.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I like that part when he's talking in French, coaching the other players (was it Abang?). Seems like a good leader.

Yeah, that was Abang.

Thought the video was great.  Really says a lot about Sacha.  That stuff is basically what you want out of a good leader.  Stuff like that also helps explain our really good start.  Those intangibles are worth gold, yet they are always difficult to identify without seeing it day to day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users