Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Potential tarp removal for this game? 

3 in the back looked promising and I think it has potential with better personnel. 

LA's attack is almost 100% percent crosses into Zlatan. Would it be better to go with the back 4 to have Parker and Long to take care of Zlatan and have both the wide midfielders and the fullbacks close down the service from out wide? 

Hope Lawrence and Casseres will be good to go this game I feel we miss these two guys the most. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

5-2-3.

----------------BWP

------Royer-------------Kaku

------------Davis

-------------------Casseres

---Taxi-Tarek-Long-Parker-Muyl

----------------Robles

Meara Lade Murillo Rza Beze Omir White

Forgot about Kaku's suspension. So Omir for Kaku, Etienne in the 18. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Looking forward to the physical battle between Zlatan and Long/Parker.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
I would shit a brick if we win.... trap game for LA.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I want the 3 points, but at the same time the club can't be going forward with a squad built like this (in desperate need of quality attacking talent, not USL projects) and with a coach whose mainstay is a formation that can't get it done in knockout tournaments.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Robles
Parker-Long-Tarek
Muyl-CCJ-Taxi
Fernandez-Davis-Royer
BWP (Etienne if BWP is unavailable).

I think is the best but with CCJ for RZA

SHUTOUT would be awesome and huge boost for this team and defense.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Potential tarp removal for this game? 

3 in the back looked promising and I think it has potential with better personnel. 

LA's attack is almost 100% percent crosses into Zlatan. Would it be better to go with the back 4 to have Parker and Long to take care of Zlatan and have both the wide midfielders and the fullbacks close down the service from out wide? 

Hope Lawrence and Casseres will be good to go this game I feel we miss these two guys the most. 

3 in the back would be fine as long as Murillo is not on the field. Hes awful.

Muyl Lade and Taxi can all get it done. One wingback goes the other stays. No problem.

Id be fine with Duncan in a 5 man backline too. Just not against team like LA. He needs more grooming.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I think we looked best with that 3-3-3-1.  Deserved to draw or lose but we still got the better of the play for the most part. I don't see a huge reason to keep Fernandez in there right now.  He does some nice things, but I don't think he's quite there yet.  I don't love Rza's playmaking but he does cause some chaos in there with being able to win back the ball.  The biggest choice is probably CCJ or Davis. I haven't liked Davis' game at all this year with the ball.  HIs passing as just been awful in my opinion.  That said, being the lone 6 when we are going with this formation is hugely important.  CCJ is playing better than Davis right now, but Davis might be better for this formation.  ANd I'm not crazy about CCJ farther up the field because I think his best traits are defensive. Murillo has been garbage defensively but he's good with the ball and I think this formation protects him more so willing to give him another run out there.

Here's what I would go with:

------------BWP-------

----Royer-Rza--Muyl

Taxi-------Davis----Murillo

--Tarek--Long---Parker

This is a good formation for us.  We were good in it 2 years ago and then we didn't have the horses on defense to really play it. Now we do. Tarek may even be pretty good although that error against Cinci was huge.

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

Just saw that BWP has a slight injury to groin which kept him out of game. . Armas said he wasn't used  because he sided on caution for his star player. Was this a good decision or not?The next question will he be match fit for LA game?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Just saw that BWP has a slight injury to groin which kept him out of game. . Armas said he wasn't used  because he sided on caution for his star player. Was this a good decision or not?The next question will he be match fit for LA game?

good decision?  We won BWP did not agravate injury so yes.

Hopefully.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

wors1986

wors1986

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Looking forward to the physical battle between Zlatan and Long/Parker.

Hope one of them snaps him after his antics with Onuoha, fucking scumbag. 

In the 101

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Sooo... Zlatan entered an opponent's locker room without being granted team permission. That would result in a suspension of any other MLS player that doesnt have "Manchester United" on their resume.

Sadly, I would guess that MdG would push for the league to not suspend Zlatan despite the fact that he will probably score a few against us, simply for the marketing element.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

No. We don't need to concede a penalty or red card by doing something stupid, like bringing him down in the box by tugging his man bun.

wors1986

wors1986

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Sooo... Zlatan entered an opponent's locker room without being granted team permission. That would result in a suspension of any other MLS player that doesnt have "Manchester United" on their resume.

Sadly, I would guess that MdG would push for the league to not suspend Zlatan despite the fact that he will probably score a few against us, simply for the marketing element.

Exactly, gets preferential treatment. Didn't even get a punishment for the off the ball drag down and then getting in his face after scoring. Could have easily been two yellows for that and miss our game with a one game ban. 

In the 101

wors1986

wors1986

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

No. We don't need to concede a penalty or red card by doing something stupid, like bringing him down in the box by tugging his man bun.

We need to intimidate him, can't let ourselves be bullied. If that means a going through him and taking a yellow for the team then so be it. 

In the 101

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users